PTCL launches 9.3 Mbps EVO NITRO Rev B

At last!

true youtube savy wireless broadband era has dawned upon us

lets wait for the actual results

however, the theoretical download speed of up to 9.3 Mbps & uplink of up to 5.4 Mbps are very promising

the new service is initially available in Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Lahore & Karachi

backward compatibility on the now older 3.1 Mbps is also available in areas where the infrastructure of the new highspeed network has not yet been established.

Nitro USB Device Charges: 3,999/-

Nitro Unlimited: : 2,999/- monthly

http://ptcl.com.pk/contentb.php?NID=297

hmm why it is not available in other areas >? and what about its antenna ? does it support any antenna ?

Thats great, currently I am user of EVO Rev A and much satisfied with their service. I am looking forward to upgrade to Rev B device most probably on Monday :) and then share its experience with you.

Thanks

waiting for the actual results lets cross our fingers man cant actually wait to handle that much speed as they are saying

Do they give any trials ?? What If I buy it and it doesn't work in my area ??

the advertised speed is 3 times of the current evo device - so if I get 0.5-1mbps on that, then mathematically I will get 1.5mbps to 3mbps on this device? :) I would be very interested but seeing that their current infrastructure is so poor for EVO, I might want to hold off. When evo started I used to get 2.4mbps+ speeds constantly and now I get less than 1mbps. So it might be the same story for this device but who knows. Let the big corporate buyers buy this and then see if PTCL can maintain the service. They have failed with EVO in my opinion.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

the advertised speed is 3 times of the current evo device - so if I get 0.5-1mbps on that, then mathematically I will get 1.5mbps to 3mbps on this device? :) I would be very interested but seeing that their current infrastructure is so poor for EVO, I might want to hold off. When evo started I used to get 2.4mbps+ speeds constantly and now I get less than 1mbps. So it might be the same story for this device but who knows. Let the big corporate buyers buy this and then see if PTCL can maintain the service. They have failed with EVO in my opinion.
[/quote]

i had the same exact experience with evo in karachi, started really fast but 3 months later i was getting 512kbps speeds.

I am using it since April last year and still satisfied with their service... GEO PTCL EVO.... will soon get my hands on EVO Nitroo Too...........INSALLAH :)

Thanks

Great

i had the same exact experience with evo in karachi, started really fast but 3 months later i was getting 512kbps speeds.

[/quote]

You are still luckier than me. I barely get 200Kbps nowadays.

Do they give any trials ?? What If I buy it and it doesn’t work in my area ??
[/quote]

This was my concern when last year i bought their evo 3.1 device but that time they used to give on installments too, so i bought it on installments in case if it didn’t work in my area then I had an option to retrun it but it worked and still using it :). I live at Korangi Creek much faraway from city but it working great here :)

Thanks

m paying 2000 for using evo unlimited dialup

thumbs down ptcl

This was my concern when last year i bought their evo 3.1 device but that time they used to give on installments too, so i bought it on installments in case if it didn’t work in my area then I had an option to retrun it but it worked and still using it :). I live at Korangi Creek much faraway from city but it working great here :)

Thanks

[/quote]

Can I get your EVO to test in my home :)

ptcl has been offering old evo rev. A to the employees of my firm at subsidized rates of Rs. 1200/- per month. lets see if they are generous enogh to extend another such package offer to us. i am expecting monthly charges of Rs. 2000/- at max.

Can I get your EVO to test in my home :)

[/quote]

Whats your location? I mean where in Karachi?

Thanks

ptcl has been offering old evo rev. A to the employees of my firm at subsidized rates of Rs. 1200/- per month. lets see if they are generous enogh to extend another such package offer to us. i am expecting monthly charges of Rs. 2000/- at max.
[/quote]

Lucky guy :) … you got a option to get it for urs friend too if you have not availed this offer already :)

Thanks

Yes this is great especially considering they are offering device upgrade for earlier evdo users. But there is only 1 billing option that you have to spend Rs 3000 a month; no flexibility like rev A package e.g. day pass etc. That is not un-usual when a new technology is introduced. Hopefully as some time goes by, they offer more packages like rev A.

Yes this is great especially considering they are offering device upgrade for earlier evdo users. But there is only 1 billing option that you have to spend Rs 3000 a month; no flexibility like rev A package e.g. day pass etc. That is not un-usual when a new technology is introduced. Hopefully as some time goes by, they offer more packages like rev A.
[/quote]

You are right. same things happened with Rev A device in earlier days. This is the way to earn. seems their marketing strategy ;)

Thanks

The current EVO/EV-DO sucks.. After 12:00 am it gives me over 1.5 mbps.. but during peak times it sunks to 0.3 to 0.5 mbps..

I am not sure the 9.0 mbps would give more than 1 mbps during peak times.. or if the current rate is calculated it might be able to give 3 to 4 mbps.. but i am not sure....

PTCL EVDO sucks.. big time

Whats your location? I mean where in Karachi?

Thanks

[/quote]

Clifton block 7, near boatbasin. Would appreciate if some one can let me test it for even 10 mints.