Ptcl Landline CLI Disabled!

Salam!

I live in north nazimabad. i got the new landline but CLI service is disabled. i called 1236, they told me to call 18, so i called there. they gave me another no. 106 to call but when i call on that no. no one is attending it. is there ne other way to enable that service!

i guess 106 works only in office hours.

i have called them in off hrs1

Off or office?

Find your local exchange office. Go there. Speak only in english (refuse to speak in Urdu). If necessary, raise your voice ever so slightly with a frown. If the reply is not what you desire; pause slightly before responding. Watch as things get magically done.

The art of negotiating with Pakistani bureaucracy by Raza Matin, book coming out soon =)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Find your local exchange office. Go there. Speak only in english (refuse to speak in Urdu). If necessary, raise your voice ever so slightly with a frown. If the reply is not what you desire; pause slightly before responding. Watch as things get magically done.

The art of negotiating with Pakistani bureaucracy by Raza Matin, book coming out soon =)

[/quote]

:lol: You know how to deal with government servants (even ex-government-servants like PTCL) :lol:

^^ LOL! It is indeed effective when dealing with Pakistani people, in general, even though there isn't anything to be impressed about if someone speaks in English.

Well it helps when you have an "Amrikan" or "Angrezi" accent.

Companies generally treat people like sh!t here in Pakistan. I have found there is nothing better than angrily confronting the often meek, prick like "management" of operations such as Warid, Telenor, Mobilink, Bank Al Falah, etc... right in front of their low level employees.

When they realize they are about to totally get their ass chewed out by some "baray saab who got very angry" in front of their junior employees, they all fall into line. It is particular fascinating when other customers in the "service centers" realize that they don't need to take the sh!t. You see people talk and getting vocal with their complaints soon thereafter.

Basically in Pakistan, companies have never had to fight for their customers and have become complacent. I am slowly, but surely lighting a fire under these pathetic excuses for customer service representatives. You need to demand that you get treated with respect and professionalism. Unfortunately, it isn't included in the package for most, but wait, they'll give you tons of free minutes instead.

p.s. I find it particularly hilarious when the management drones are dressed up in their suits and ties and I, most often casually dressed in shorts, t-shirt and sandals. The dichotomy of the situation, in a country where appearances are everything, is brilliant.