PTCL Jado Box!

Although it has no connection with Zabardasst Box but still the local slangs are somehow creeping into techie world.

Just check this device out...I first wondered of it as a complete home wireless solution but then I saw that it is PSTN backed..Anyhow check out the device.

jadopb.jpg

Key Highlights:

Uninterrupted Connectivity

Go online 24/7. Jadoo Box provides you uninterrupted internet connectivity as it comes with default DSL and an EVO as backup connection

Multiple User Compatibility

Multiple Users at home can access internet simultaneously through a single connections

Faster Speed

Enjoy a high speed internet connection that lets you experience streaming videos, online gaming, multimedia files at much faster pace; therefore, helping you save time

Telephony

Integrate your IP telephony with value added features

LAN Connectivity

Works as Ethernet switch that enables you build residential LAN

Wi-Fi Access

Built-in Wi-Fi access – to provide wireless connectivity for multiple home users

Auto Switchover

The last but not least is the auto switchover between your primary and backup connectivity

Package Details:

image003et.jpg

courtesy: PTCL(http://tinyurl.com/6t56rul)

its funny. Just a 3g enabled dsl router.

However, the packages are interesting.

[quote=“hawker, post:2, topic:16501”]

its funny. Just a 3g enabled dsl router.

However, the packages are interesting.

[/quote]

exactly, but just look at the device…The first glimpse of it is like a personal telephone solution. The one capable of giving internet, telephony and IPTV independently. If something like that is introduced can gain significant amount of rural and deprived landline customers.

Well I must say, a good step by PTCL.

But does this also come with rechargeable batteries?

[quote=“nab, post:4, topic:16501”]

Well I must say, a good step by PTCL.

But does this also come with rechargeable batteries?

[/quote]

I’m presuming that the Uninterrupted nature is only limited to the internet not power. They are only referring to Internet back-up using EVO or Nitro.

Looks more like Fraudu Box to me :ph34r:

[quote=“Mazahyr, post:, topic:”]

Telephony

Integrate your IP telephony with value added features

[/quote]

are they talking about VoIP ?? and by the way Nitro is available on package 1 So, it’s mean they launchd this device for just VoIP ?

Does that mean:

EVO backup (in case DSL fails) is NOT available on package 2 and 3? What's the use then?