PTCL IPTV (Project)

^

While i was on 2 mb dsl i didnt said any thing to them except subscription of Smart tv and they set it to 6140. When i upgraded to 4 MB dsl, they down graded my port to 4096 due to which i was unable to use 4 mb dsl when smart tv was on. So i requested them to set 6 mb (2mb for smart tv and 4 mb for dsl) but they set to 8 mb by themselves :)

Upload 630kB??? how u getting this much upload speed :o? u mean 630 Kilo Bytes or 630 Kilo Bits? even if u getting 630 Kilo bits(i.e. 630 / 8 = 78.75 Kilo Bytes) which is more then designated bcuz on 2mb dsl package user get 512 Kilo bits i.e. 64 Kilo Bytes.

or u means 630 is ur upload stream rate? mine upload stream rate was also around 620 when i was on 2mb. for 2 mb it should be 512 kb but they set it to 620 when i subscribed to smart tv (might be they have some setting for smart tv)

When i was on 2 mb i used to get around 64-70 KB (i.e. correct as per my 2mb dsl). Now on 4mb m getting around 1Mbps upload speed (i.e. correct as per my 4 mb dsl)

Thanks

Yes confirmed,the operator told me that ptcl doesnt give more than 2Mbps ,its your choice to use it for smartv setupbox for TV or watch it on laptop..ptcl doesnt give more than 2Mbps for smarttv...

Btw rafay meant 630kbps

[quote=“koder, post:1182, topic:910”]

Yes confirmed,the operator told me that ptcl doesnt give more than 2Mbps ,its your choice to use it for smartv setupbox for TV or watch it on laptop..ptcl doesnt give more than 2Mbps for smarttv...

Btw rafay meant 630kbps

[/quote]

yea, thanks for the correction, i have found out a way to use this port speed but it does not work every time.first go to your modem options and there instead of your ptcl username add something else, now create a pppoe dialup connection in windows and enter your ptcl username there and password which is ptcl...

Interesting .. how will the modem work if we fiddle up with the login in the modem ,will it still synchronize ?

[quote=“koder, post:1184, topic:910”]

Interesting .. how will the modem work if we fiddle up with the login in the modem ,will it still synchronize ?

[/quote]

yep it will work, give it a try

I didnt understand the procedure , step by step will work for me keke... I couldnt even find from where to change the username in the modem lol

[quote=“koder, post:1186, topic:910”]

I didnt understand the procedure , step by step will work for me keke... I couldnt even find from where to change the username in the modem lol

[/quote]

give me sometime i will post a step by step guide later..

I have made pppoe connection in windows and gave ptcl username and pass but it didnt work ,from where to change the ptcls modem username ..modem is AN 1020-25

hey guys as i have shifted to Nayatel, so my Smart TV box is of no use now. if anyone interested in buying it let me know.

[quote=“koder, post:1182, topic:910”]

Btw rafay meant 630kbps

[/quote]

Means then I am lucky to have it 4 mb for smart tv :). when my issues resoved, DSL guy called me from exchange and told me that you asked for 6mb but we upgraded u to 8mb so enjoy now ;)

Yes it would be 630 Kbps :).

i think they allocate 4mb for smart tv to those people who are on 4 mb internet package and for 2mb users they allocate 2mb for smart tv...

I am having normal 4Mbps package.

[quote=“rafay12, post:1191, topic:910”]

i think they allocate 4mb for smart tv to those people who are on 4 mb internet package and for 2mb users they allocate 2mb for smart tv...

[/quote]

When I was on 2m DSL, at that time my down rate was also 6140 (2mb for DSL And 4mb for Smart TV) :)

Thanks

[quote="koder, post:1192, topic:910"]

I am having normal 4Mbps package.

[/quote]

what is your downstream rate ??

That playlist is deleted. Can someone please post the latest playlist? Some of my channels are not working in Tano.

Sohaib how do you play them?

latest playlist https://www.mediafire.com/?m38ad2hwkzrunys

Whats the use of this playlist?

^^^how long have you been following this thread?