PTCL IPTV (Project)

Since the official Smart TV PC application is just a skinned VLC player, I wonder if there's a simple playlist file with all the channel URLs stored somewhere in the app folder.

I don't think so. I guess it fetch it on startup. It doesn't load if your internet isn't work. Failed fetching channel list error message appears.

Yes I know but I was wondering if it fetches a playlist file or if they have a custom tool for storing channel URLs and opening them in VLC upon selection.

^^You can find that playlist here:

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\ptcl

[quote=“ShuAK, post:1024, topic:910”]

^^You can find that playlist here:

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\ptcl

[/quote]

You're a champ. Checking appdata/programdata should've been painfully obvious but the herbs got the better of me ;)

P.S. PTCL's app has made your duty of wiresharking and posting playlists much simpler!

^^nah i do my own tricks ;) this playlist is useless bcoz it loads itself from server upon starting app so even if you edit it, it refreshes to default when app starts. I even tried to edit logos but everything goes back to default.

hey ShuAK. How are you buddy. Can you please check that is there any problem in Baby TV Stream? I plays fine on IPTV box but when i play it on my laptop just grey pixelated picture is shown and vlc crashed after 10 sec. i have tried running it on 2 laptops facing same issue. its IP is udp://@239.194.0.140:6140

all other channels run fine.

any advice how to fix it. My 2 year old daughter loves baby tv so i need it for her :)

waiting for your opinion on this.

Uzair! ..Things parents would do for their kids :)

There are few channels which are still encrypted. So you get b.s. instead of TV stream.

Are you sure the problem is with only one channel?

If you post a pic, it will add to your explanation.

Well said hawker. Parenting is not easy at all :) You can't imagine how much effort i have put for this (i'll post detail as soon as my project is completed ) :)

i have checked ALL channels are working fine except this. one and this channel is my prime requirement.

so I am stuck here :(

as far as the picture is concern here is the SS.

i would really appreciate any guidance / help in this regard.

They started charging for the tv streams?It never worked on my PC/modem.

Do you Let me know about the features in the IPTV thingi.

?

[quote=“uzair82, post:1027, topic:910”]

hey ShuAK. How are you buddy. Can you please check that is there any problem in Baby TV Stream? I plays fine on IPTV box but when i play it on my laptop just grey pixelated picture is shown and vlc crashed after 10 sec. i have tried running it on 2 laptops facing same issue. its IP is udp://@239.194.0.140:6140

all other channels run fine.

any advice how to fix it. My 2 year old daughter loves baby tv so i need it for her :)

waiting for your opinion on this.

[/quote]

im fine my friend thanx for asking :)

at my side almost 80% of the channels are scratchy these days but none are encrypted. the problem you are facing is bcoz of the encryption as hawker also mentioned. so do one thing, remove your smart card and check this channel. then let us know.

Since Monring experiencing freezing after few seconds on each channel. Any one facing this too?

Why this happens?

Thanks

Yes you were right. its about encryption. When i remove the card while device was on it was working fine. but when i restarted the device while card is still in my hand BabyTV start showing error (Press EPG to open home page) Other channels working ok. Now what to do :(

@masters yes i am also experiencing glitches in all channels since morning.

^^^do this trick when ever you need to watch Baby TV. nothing more to say.

@masters, No idea why this is happening :unsure: backend issue i suppose.

Do you mean i should i remove the zeta card from the device whenever i want to watch Baby TV on Laptop? :(

What if i try to get my device replaced with the newer one that doesn't have zeta card. Would it help.

^^^yup if its works for you. i haven't seen those new stbs so i can't suggest you anything about it.

Now my Baby TV is also acting wierd :unsure: its definitely encrypted now for all.

Update for uzair82:

Baby TV has replaced Animax slot and its now working fine both on stb and tano.

WoW gr8 news ShuAK :) I'll check it tonight. Thanks for the update.

Yesss its working fine. No more encryption :) All channels are working on my WDTV Live as well :)