PTCL IP TV [[[ Survey ]]]

I m a user of PTCL IPTV

my telephone is on ONU network.

before getting IPTV i heard the IPTV is not available on ONU Network. but this was a rumor.

afterwards finally i get IPTV on my ONU number and it was running very very fine.

all the channels are crystal clear from 1st channel to the last channel.

i liked the service very much

but friends here comes a big issue.

now a days i m noticing that my IPTV transmission getting so many FLICKERS in 1 minute of time.

the picture is distorted.

this thing is making my viewing pleasure bad

i just wanna know what are the symptoms of this problem???

and do anyone of you also facing the same problem.

and what should i do to resolve this issue.

i noticed the channels no- 57 GEO Super is very low quality channel among all channels. it takes more flicker when i watch the IPL matches.

i m very disappointed becos of this problem.

as you peoples knows very well that the staff of PTCL is very very un-co-operative and i know this issue is very technical issue.

i complain abt this issue many times but nothing makes this problem resolved.

so peoples your replies will be very important for me

thanx

I dont understand how you managed to get smart tv on ONU? PTCL is saying they dont offer it on ONU as of yet. Did you use some safarish? and which city are you in?

@onlyeuro:

I have exactly the same issue since more than a week. My line is also from ONU.

Broadband is running error free but IPTV is stuttering on all channels with varying degree.

Have spoken to tech support twice (after holding for more than 20 minutes!!!) and they say that something is wrong with the backend and that it would be resolved in 24-48 hours. Unfortunately, the problem has remained there and its more than a week now.

Raza007

SmartTV depends on Broadband Service that you can get on ONU phone line. However, you would not be able to use any other ISP on ONU phone line. I am using it in Karachi and broadband works superb on ONU line.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Raza007

SmartTV depends on Broadband Service that you can get on ONU phone line. However, you would not be able to use any other ISP on ONU phone line. I am using it in Karachi and broadband works superb on ONU line.

[/quote]

I am currently using PTCL DSL on ONU. But PTCL tells me that smart TV is currently not available on ONU so that is why I can not get smart tv. Therefore I wanted to know how you folks got it. I am in Islamabad.

in islamabad its not available but in future it will available.

but in karachi its available

kuya is also from karachi and i m too

@Kuya

plz keep in touch with me about this problem

i will tell if any update is done at my end.

and kuya which area of khi u r from ?

Frankly speaking, I've never been a fan of IPTV from the start (I was one of their early day testers but no one seemed to care probably because of their marketing road roller). At the end of the day, what's the point of digitally encoding a broadcast signal that was probably analog to begin with. I don't know about you guys, but I am severely annoyed by the time delay between channels not to mention the hypersensitivity it shows to noise in the phone line (image starts to stutter). It's been many months now since I packed away my STB device and went back to good ol' cable. Price is another matter as well.

guys i have been using the iptv since a month now but the problem is that i dont know how to jump to a channel while its name is being shown on EPG or in the channel list. i have to remember the channel no. is there any trick via which u can jump to a channel just by clicking the name of the channel on the EPG.

like on world call digital cable you press ok button and then a list appears and you just need to take your arrow to the channel name and press ok and that channel shall be displayed but on ptcl its not available and it really annoying..other wise there quality is quite good at least pic quality is better than that of world call digital cable

@bob

press EPG

highlight channels and press OK

now highlight LIVE channels and press OK

a list will appear

now press and UP and DOWN button from your remote.

and select any channel u want to jump to.

also use the page up and page down button from your remote.

and dude plz see your remote for some minutes , there is every useful button available on remote.

one thing more.

if u r watching geo news suddenly changed your channel to ten sports, now if you want to jump again to geo news then u have to press BACK button on your remote for Quick Jump.

Hope this solves your problem.

ask me if u want to know any more funtcions of IPTV

1 more fucntion i wanna tell u is that

your last channel is always remains in history

turn on ur stb it will dial PPPOE connection when its ready the Green Homepage appears.

now dont do anything just press "BTV" button from your remote.

this is also a quick jump to the last channels u were watching.

thanx buddy foh this useful info :)

Well in Lahore its not available on ONU,

I talked to the DSL guy of my exchange, he said that in month or two it will be available to you moreover he mentioned that PTCL will likely to continue the FREE service expect the Set-top box charges because according to him its a failure project by PTCL.

i applied for smart tv. first they said 2mbps connection is must in multan. i asked em to upgrade and after two days i was getting 200+kb/s i called them and booked smart tv on 18may now today its 29 and nothing have happened. i complained them and the say that i will get smart tv very soon. its new in the city and there is a load of new customers. i only wanna knw is there any indian channel or channels. the website shows there is no indian channel but a forum said that it has some indian channels. another forum said that they are increasing channels to 300 free service period.

well im on copper and using PTCL IPTV, I have the same flickering issue...its probably due to PTCL IPTV servers overloaded

PTCL IPTV includes indian channels but thay are very few and most common channels are missing for example SHARA, SONY and NDTV Imagine are not available on PTCL IPTV.

just wait they are changing channels everyday

and they started a Feedback option in which you can request your favourite channel.

well PTCLIPTV project known as SmartTV is SUCKS

guyzz any news regarding extension of free smart tv services????if m not wrong its officialy free till June ...... if they r not goin to extend m goin to return Smart tv within June...i dun wanna get charged Rs.500 next month.lol :D

@hashim , I dont think there is any extension , you got it cancelled yet ? If yes then probably you can answer some questions I asked at below thread :) (noticed this thread now , probably this one is more appropriate for those questions, any way)

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6591

@Riz

no i didnt ...but m planning also went to OSS once n asked the procedure.....check other thread fo answerx

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Well in Lahore its not available on ONU,

I talked to the DSL guy of my exchange, he said that in month or two it will be available to you moreover he mentioned that PTCL will likely to continue the FREE service expect the Set-top box charges because according to him its a failure project by PTCL.

[/quote]

to every area of lahore ?

and one more thing ... smart tc support hd tv and wide screen lcd?