PTCL internet frequent disconnection

Dear All,

I have a 4mb PTCL broadband connection. I do online gaming like dota2 etc. I need good pings to play flawlessly in those games. But my internet does not allow me to do so.

After every 5 minutes or less the internet disconnects. Both internet and ADSL lights become OFF and I get re-connectivity after 30-40 secs. I have tried on both G.DMT and ADSL2+ but the problem remains. Also have changed my wire from Copper-Fibre converter (which is installed at the end of street by PTCL) to my splitter, but still same problem. Also have changed my modem from AN1020-25 to Sagemcom f@st 1704, but still same problem. Have also tried after bypassing splitter but the same problem persists.

Last year they changed my telephone number saying that the old line was faulty and I got no problem for 5-6 months but now its again giving me those issues back.

My device have no logs. The other statistics are:

Statistics -- xDSL

Mode:

ADSL_2plus

Traffic Type:

ATM

Up

Link Power State:

L0

Downstream

Upstream

Line Coding(Trellis):

On

On

SNR Margin (1 dB):

Attenuation (1 dB):

Output Power (1 dBm):

Attainable Rate Rate (Kbps):

Path 0

Downstream

Upstream

Rate (Kbps):

MSGc (# of bytes in overhead channel message):

B (# of bytes in Mux Data Frame):

M (# of Mux Data Frames in FEC Data Frame):

T (Mux Data Frames over sync bytes):

R (# of check bytes in FEC Data Frame):

S (ratio of FEC over PMD Data Frame length):

L (# of bits in PMD Data Frame):

D (interleaver depth):

Delay (msec):

INP (DMT symbol):

Super Frames:

Super Frame Errors:

RS Words:

RS Correctable Errors:

RS RS Uncorrectable Errors s:

HEC Errors:

OCD Errors:

LCD Errors:

Total Cells s:

Data Cells s:

Bit Errors s:

Total ES ES:

Total SES SES:

Total UAS UAS:

99<br>

<p> </p><p><b>Statistics -- xDSL</b><br><br><span style="color:rgb(95,95,95);font-family:tahoma, sans-serif, arial, helvetica;font-size:12px;"> </span></p>

Mode:

ADSL_G.dmt

Traffic Type:

ATM

Up

Link Power State:

L0

Downstream

Upstream

Line Coding(Trellis):

On

On

SNR Margin (1 dB):

Attenuation (1 dB):

Output Power (1 dBm):

Attainable Rate Rate (Kbps):

Path 0

Downstream

Upstream

Rate (Kbps):

K (number of bytes in DMT frame):

R (number of check bytes in RS code word):

S (RS code word size in DMT frame):

D (interleaver depth):

Delay (msec):

INP (DMT symbol):

Super Frames:

Super Frame Errors:

RS Words:

RS Correctable Errors:

RS RS Uncorrectable Errors s:

HEC Errors:

OCD Errors:

LCD Errors:

Total Cells s:

Data Cells s:

Bit Errors s:

Total ES ES:

Total SES SES:

Total UAS UAS:

<p> </p><p>Also I have not found any other Internet Service Provider in Lahore who agrees on giving good pings and 4Mb DSL connection. I have also tried Wateen which is good in terms of connectivity and customer service but have high pings due to wireless connection. So I am left with only option to use PTCL broadband. Am stuck, please help me how to solve disconnection on PTCL.</p><p>BTW sorry for a very long post, but I hope you can understand the situation. Thanks</p>

Try checking your line jumper at DP. My net also used to dc frequently since last Friday after rain. On 28th July Lineman told me that my line jumper is broken at DP. He fixed and now all good.

So you can get ur line jumper checked at DP.

Thanks

Check u r phone line for noise. As ur on fiber these r high snr's as i have 12mb sync and snr better than urs.

Pick up your telephone set press any number and check for noise.

Than contact u r lineman and also make a complain@1218 for noise and broadband disconnection.

Same here in peshawar. Since 26 july..

Specillay when lite goes

This frequent disconnection is not limited to line DSL, wingle and nitro also suffer from it. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

On evo, wingle n charji i nvr experienced frequent dc so far:)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Wow! Mine dances like a kid

[quote=“epakistani, post:3, topic:21385”]

Check u r phone line for noise. As ur on fiber these r high snr's as i have 12mb sync and snr better than urs.

Pick up your telephone set press any number and check for noise.

Than contact u r lineman and also make a complain@1218 for noise and broadband disconnection.

[/quote]

Thanks for your replies!

Sorry I pasted the data in table form; wasn't having any idea that it would be converted to paragraph.

Yes I m getting noise noticed by the procedure you told me. I think I must launch a complaint first. Thanks!

[quote=“masters, post:2, topic:21385”]

Try checking your line jumper at DP. My net also used to dc frequently since last Friday after rain. On 28th July Lineman told me that my line jumper is broken at DP. He fixed and now all good.

So you can get ur line jumper checked at DP.

Thanks

[/quote]

Yes once lineman told me that it was not connected properly. But the problem is that it keeps on happening again and again as those DPs are connected in outside environment and the lineman usually keeps their door unlocked and birds have made nests in them. And lineman always looks unwilling to fix them. Thats very sad about PTCL.

My jimper at dp was nt connected correctly by lineman...last week i given him some pocket money n he given me gurrantee of one month since then even aftr rain it doesnt dc...so basically he needs pocket money from us each month to keep things going smoooth....God Bless Pakistan...

Sent from my GT-I9505

very sad i am still suffering from dis connection issues.

I made a dozen complaints but all in vain. Technician comes and checks the modem he just makes a phone call to exchange and gets my port refreshed and after that he says that everything will be alright. But the problem persists.These persons dont even do their job sincerely.

Now I waste a lot of time trying to restart modem, making complaints, calling lineman etc.

I think all of these PTCL stuffs are crap. They are just making money and they dont know anything about customer service and satisfaction. That governmental PTCL culture is still in their veins. Totally poor and fail management...

Time to lower your bar @ 4Mb DSL connection

[quote=“masters, post:10, topic:21385”]

My jimper at dp was nt connected correctly by lineman...last week i given him some pocket money n he given me gurrantee of one month since then even aftr rain it doesnt dc...so basically he needs pocket money from us each month to keep things going smoooth....God Bless Pakistan...

Sent from my GT-I9505

[/quote]

How much did you gave him????