Ptcl Installation Charges Rs 500

Now Ptcl Installation Charges Rs 500

yes, they are charging it since 1st of July, 2010. i ordered on 6th of July and they charged this 500 rupees fee from me :(

another cheap move by ptcl...

may be some day they ll start charging for dsl modem too...

They are minting money with pathetic service.

I'll be the devil's advocate here. I don't like this new installation charge BUT every other ISP charges that much maybe more e.g Nayatel, Micronet, Wi-tribe, Yateem So I don't see the big deal here?

Yateem is also pathetic with after support & MBL/NTL standards have gone down too.

first they changed modem ownership policy and now the installation thing :( PTCL is going bad!

But we do have to give credit where it's due:

They are upgrading the existing packages.

@nab: what do u mean by upgrading packages?? r they doubling??

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

@nab: what do u mean by upgrading packages?? r they doubling??
[/quote]

Yes they are

But we do have to give credit where it’s due:

They are upgrading the existing packages.

[/quote]

+ No questions asked when modem is toasted they replace it for FREEEE ( oh & every other ISP charges for modem) :)

I ordered on 28 june 2010, do i charged fo it?

I ordered on 28 june 2010, do i charged fo it?
[/quote]

no…

My 0.02$

A business entity is always a business entity it can't be charity ..... ever.

Only thing that we are left with is comparison .... and my comparison tells me that despite all the problems and crap, they still give the price to performance ratio way better than other small time ISPs in general.

Compare the installation+setup+modem charges of other ISPs with PTCL since they all started doing DSL business.... PTCL still comes at top being cheaper despite they have started installation charges.

My 0.02$

A business entity is always a business entity it can’t be charity … ever.

Only thing that we are left with is comparison … and my comparison tells me that despite all the problems and crap, they still give the price to performance ratio way better than other small time ISPs in general.

Compare the installation+setup+modem charges of other ISPs with PTCL since they all started doing DSL business… PTCL still comes at top being cheaper despite they have started installation charges.

[/quote]

DITTO tht