PTCL increased FED and Broadband Student Charges

Salam Fellows,

This month I was shocked to receive my monthly PTCL bill for the month of Aug 13. 1MB student package charges have been increased to Rs.1175 from Rs.999 while FED/Sales Tax which was about Rs.57 last month having Rs.1381 as total bill, has been whoppingly increased to Rs.479 for the current bill. So now whats the difference left between 1MB regular package and student package and at what % the FED/Sales Tax has been increased that also without any information to customers. See the bill below

yup, they are charging sales tax on broadband aswell. I raised the issue last month, had to pay 2300 rupees total bill for a 2mb connection phone, use it for broadband only.

Looteray, what else can one say.

Time to switch then?

taxes are the domain of government.

How have these morons calculated the FED? WH TAX .. I used to get around 1800 bill .. can you guys do the math .. how is it possible?

KPK and Sindh govts have added taxes for Data Services.

643 FED tax.. are they gone nuts or what

Nothing for ISB, bill is same as before. Rs 2,100 for 4MB & Rs 250 for Landline Package, so it shows like:

PTCL TELEPHONE
Line Rent: 0.00
Package Charges: 250.00
PTCL BROADBAND
DSL Charges: 2,100.00

PTCL Dues Current: 2.350.00
Current FED/Sales Tax: 49.00
W.H Tax Current: 140.00
Total Dues Current: 2,539.00
Total Arrears: -1.00
Net PTCL Dues Current: 2,349.00 Debit: -0
Net Current FED/Sales Tax: 49.00 Debit: - 2
Net W.H Tax Current: 140.00

Payable by Due Date: 2,540.00
Surcharge: 127.00
Payable After Due Date: 2,670.00

[quote=", post:2, topic:20233"]

yup, they are charging sales tax on broadband aswell. I raised the issue last month, had to pay 2300 rupees total bill for a 2mb connection phone, use it for broadband only.

[/quote]

Rs 2,300 for 2MB is alot oO

[quote=“Aciel, post:8, topic:20233”]

Nothing for ISB, bill is same as before. Rs 2,100 for 4MB & Rs 250 for Landline Package, so it shows like:

PTCL TELEPHONE
Line Rent: 0.00
Package Charges: 250.00PTCL BROADBAND
DSL Charges: 2,100.00
PTCL Dues Current: 2.350.00
Current FED/Sales Tax: 49.00
W.H Tax Current: 140.00
Total Dues Current: 2,539.00
Total Arrears: -1.00
Net PTCL Dues Current: 2,349.00 Debit: -0
Net Current FED/Sales Tax: 49.00 Debit: - 2
Net W.H Tax Current: 140.00

Payable by Due Date: 2,540.00
Surcharge: 127.00
Payable After Due Date: 2,670.00

Rs 2,300 for 2MB is alot oO

[/quote]

Lolz I got 2540rs bill on 2mb no calls etc
WTH they are doing???

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

they charged me too

Had a chat with the billing department of ptcl,the guy over there told me , FED hasbeen imposed on broadband too in KPK .. You used to get FED on your line rent only which was 199 , now you have got to pay FED on broadband from august on wards,which hasbeen adjusted in your bill.. My response to him was just first stop crapping about FED and KPK.. Provisional Government has nothing to do with the fking FED charges .. He was simply telling what he hadbeen told by his higher ups.. This is totally bullshiiit.. It means on 2 Mbps the FEd will be 302 rs.. Which is way too much.. #$%^%$# monopolists.. This country is ruled by dogs.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Koder, sales tax on services is a provisional subject. FED is federal, but that person was just misinformed.

They have increased the federal excise duty and claiming that it hasbeen increased by KPK GOV.Utter nonsense.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

The duty is not increases, i had called ptcl and i observed that ptcl is trying to brung studnt pkg pplz on 2 mb caz its only 75 rupees difference between regular and student While its 250 for 2 mb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

How is ur line rent zero? :o

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Dammit PTI, why did you have to impose this 19.5% FED tax in all of KPK’s internet services? Now high speed internet is gone out of my budget. Does PTI not understand that 19.5% accumulated to a lot of money?

LOL Pee Ti :D

PTI has nothing to do with the FED lol ..

[quote=“koder, post:18, topic:20233”]

PTI has nothing to do with the FED lol ..

[/quote]

topic is misleading, it is not an ISP imposed one, tax is from provincial side and the bill says FED/Sales Tax

Yes Sindh & KPK have imposed taxes on data services (previously data services were exempted from sales tax in all provinces)

if you are interested, u can read following:

SBR Tax Rate: http://srb.gos.pk/contents/Downloads/SECOND%20SCHEDULE.pdf

SBR Cancellation of Exemption (III): http://srb.gos.pk/contents/Press/01072013Press-Release2.PDF

you can find the same stepping for KPK notification but I guess they KPK dont have any online portal for notifications

http://www.brecorder.com/taxation/181:pakistan/1163066:st-on-services-khyber-pakhtunkhwa-following-in-the-footsteps-of-punjab-sindh/

^^ How is it calculated? And how much fed/sales is charged in islamabad for 1mb student package.

I am in islamabad and on 1mb student package. I haven’t submitted bill for few months so this, month my bil came out to be approx 4.2k. And my dsl 2 also suspended. After paying bill it was restored.

So in that bill the fed tax /sales tax was shown as 147 rs

Now there is a lot of fuss going on that it’s imposed by a pti In kpk while others say it’s in the domain of capital not provincial government.

But it says fed/sales tax.

So which one is it imposed? Is it fed by capital? Or sales tax by kpk government?
And what percent is it? And of what?

I am in islamabad does it matches mine on 1mb ptcl student package?

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2