PTCL has downgraded my connection from 4mb to 2mb?

AA,

I have a 4 mbAbout 2,3 weeks back I got some serious DSL issue and after several complaints , issue was resolved after 5,6 days..since then my internet speed is not satisfactory plus whenever my modem is on , there is always noise on my telephone and when I switched off modem , noise is gone.

I have tried 2 different splitters (one splitter from a friend who is using it and there is no noise in his telephone) but no use.

Another thing I have noticed is that on my modems Statistics page , it is showing downstream is 2048 kbps (I have 4 mb connection , so should not it be 4096 ???)

Downstream
			Upstream

Downstream

Upstream

Rate (Kbps):

<p> </p><p> </p><p>Please suggest what should I do to fix my both issues .</p><p> </p><p>Thanks,</p><p>Maverick</p>

Check your DSL speed

If the speed is reduced then contact PTCL customer support.

if your modem stats page is showing a 2mb profile, they might have "fixed" your problem by downgrading you. essentially if your line isnt capable of 4mb, they will just downgrade you to 2mb (withought informing you), happened to me with the 8mb promotion.

give them a call and ask them to check your profile, and they will have to either change your billing package or upgrade you back to 4mb