PTCL good for What..?

Pathetic Browsing , Pathetic Video Streaming .. Why we are still using there broadband service , i m using it because i have no other alternate here in hyderabad.. I have 6mb PTCL connection.. but poor browsing as wel as poor video streaming.. i only enjoy torrent on ptcl .. rest of everything is F*** up..

LInkdotnet isn't operating?

haha, very funny! :P oh ptcl renamed as linkdotnet??? :P

Have you got your line checked? Maybe it has some problem? 6MB is a pretty good connection. You should get smooth streaming on YouTube and browsing speed of at least 150-200k per second.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Have you got your line checked? Maybe it has some problem? 6MB is a pretty good connection. You should get smooth streaming on YouTube and browsing speed of at least 150-200k per second.
[/quote]

is 150…200k is good on 6mbps???

Buddy 6MB means 6000kilo bits per second. think about it.

Not necessarily. Browsing speed is mostly slow as compared to download speed. For example on 1mb PTCL browsing speed is 50-60kbps while downloading speed can go as high as 110kbps. Also i wrote 'at least' not 'at most'. Looks like there is some problem with his line or settings otherwise how can he get good speed on torrents but not on browsing.

Kiren: whats funny? :o LInkDOTNET isn't operating in his city? Ptcl got too much problems.. sometimes the internet light doesn't work for whole day..its the problem from exchange..cant do much about it.give a try to LDN..heard positivive remarks about it :D

@ Koder.. he was complaining about ptcl and you asked him that linkdotnet not working? :o haha that was funny to me. :P

^you simply didn't understand why he asked "LInkdotnet isn't operating?"

pity on you

thanks for your comments :) yes i didnt understand thats why i explained.. do i need your comments?

There is no LinkDotNet anymore. Its owned by Mobilink. Mobilink Infinity !

There is no LinkDotNet anymore. Its owned by Mobilink. Mobilink Infinity !
[/quote]

It was always a Mobilink company. It also operates in Egypt.

--

Link dotnet was a subsidiary business of Mobilink. It used to provide DSL on rental PTCL lines. Once, I received a call from Link dotnet. They offered me a 1 Mbps DSL connection on my PTCL line for Rs 1200, but I refused. Since, PTCL has changed its policies and has stopped renting its lines, Link dotnet got flopped. Mobilink, after a huge loss, started wimax broadband internet service and named it as Mobilink infinity. The service was first provided in Karachi and now they are planning to increase its coverage to other cities.
[/quote]

It is being deployed in Major cities !

We are having its 1 Mbps Corporate package as backup with 1 Mbps upload and download too.

Link dotnet was a subsidiary business of Mobilink. It used to provide DSL on rental PTCL lines. Once, I received a call from Link dotnet. They offered me a 1 Mbps DSL connection on my PTCL line for Rs 1200, but I refused. Since, PTCL has changed its policies and has stopped renting its lines, Link dotnet got flopped. Mobilink, after a huge loss, started wimax broadband internet service and named it as Mobilink infinity. The service was first provided in Karachi and now they are planning to increase its coverage to other cities.
[/quote]

Flopped, people are still using it. No more new connection ?

I think LinkDotNet was a subsidiary of Orascom telecom which is the holding company of Mobilink. So they were associated companies. Don't know if Mobilink has acquired LinkDotNet.

@ Yousaf

I just got LinkDotNet. Its working fine. I think they are not advertising it as much as Infinity and many people don't know about it. I think they should relaunch it by using the Mobilink Branding. Something like Mobilink DSL and advertise it properly. And LinkDotNet is available for as low as Rs. 735 (if you bring your own modem) for the 1 MB connection which they can use as a very good catchphrase like: Get 1MB DSL for as low as Rs. 735. I am sure that no company can beat this price at this moment.

rnathbatra: How is its browsing,streaming?

@rnathbatra

what is your ping for different sites. yahoo etc and howz streaming? continues or any data packer loss?

Actually it has been having problems for a couple of days. Dont know why stops working after every couple of hours or so. Although my SNR and Attenuation values are within limits. YouTube streaming is alright but not super fast like PTCL. Browsing is okay. But torrent downloads are much better i get a constant speed of around 95k on torrents. On normal downloads average is like 80-85. Here are my ping and speedtest results:

29908058.png

1065433997.png

Ping for Yahoo is around 370ms.

what is your ping and tracert for infdat.com?