PTCL FTTH - Updated News

Ooookay boys, it's been interesting so far. Time to ramp things up a bit.

Last time I posted, I took a snapshot of an advertisement for 100 Mbps connections by PTCL at the centauros mall in Islamabad. Since then, I have visited again, and was lucky enough to catch a sales rep.

I've obtained the following details.

Availability: For now, its only F-11 Islamabad (Confirming my suspicions that F-11 is their testing hub), and The Centauros residences (5k installation for centauros, 15 for F-11).

Expansion is expected for rest of Islamabad in the "Soon" time range, but nothing was confirmed. The centauros residences are connected by a fibre that was dug straight to it from the F-11 exchange (By passing the F-8 one).

Charges are listed below, and are generally in line with what firecruz had initially leaked. The price list was given to me by the sales rep (It is not a confidential document -- They were being given out).

Lastly, some news websites incorrectly reported this news as their own / didn't credit the fact they were tipped off. Please do not do that <_< Also, apologies for the crumpled paper!

http://imgur.com/7dENr6O

Islamabadies got the option of Nayatel, who gives a flying duck to ptcl...this is needed in other cities but sadly the expansion will take more than 10 years.

PTCL is also offering FTTH in Lahore (Gulberg Area)

Wait.. does nayatel also offers 10,20,50,100 mbps connections? cause last time I checked it was something like 128kbps in day time 1024kbps in night time... which makes me think whats the f*cking point of fiber? :huh:

agree with the 10 years time period though.

100mbps for 26,000?

^

and guess what? the N league is rooting for making 15k the minimum wage rate IF they get elected ...

It is like 1Mbps in the day timings and later on to your desired package.I really don't know if they offer more than 10Mbps or not but yes FTTH comes into play after 10Mbps really <_< copper can drag herself till 10 seriously :lol:

Coper can go till 20 Mbps provided your line's clear. Adsl's limit is till 23 or 24mbps, and my modem shows it can go up to 20mbps at times, averages around 18 and 19 Mbps.

So fiber starts where ADSL ends…from that point of view…but since lines here, generally, aren’t decent (or people can’t be bothered yo replace their lines), fiber technically begins at 1mbps :P

Sent from my upgraded mini tractor.

i did use nayatel man its pathetic...ptcl is too far better than that...these new amazing packages make it even better..

Finally something good is on offer in Pakistan relating to the online industry. The package seems very nice and the prices are not too bad either, I would definitely want to go for the 50 Mbps because it seems like the most economical deal. But instead of being bitter we should sometime just say a few words to commend if something good is happening.

As far as Nayatel is concerned, I am a current user, and I will get this new offer from PTCL as soon as I can. I think I do not have to elaborate!!!

PTCL better triple those packages for me. It's been too long now. They should upgrade 1->2, 2->4, 4->8, 6->12, 8->16 and so on. Phir maza ayega :P

why for you only ? did we

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

raped

[/quote]

their

women

[/quote]

:lol:

Thanks for replying on my behalf .... ;)

and to further adding to the point, The VDSL which goes up to 50mbps that ptcl has launched a while back is basically 2x(ADSL2+) .... no wonder it requires 2 fone lines to work in cooperation + those line needs to be nearly flawless to even reach 40mbps with the constraint of local the exchange which has to be close enough. S0 if my friend koder still has some confusion, ask PTCL if they give 50mbps VDSL connection on a single fone line :D and BTW in UK, some ISPs still offer 15 to 20mpbs on copper using ADSL2+ tech, the closer the distance from your exchange the higher the bandwidth you can get in UK as distance in this regard is not humanly possible to overcome keeping you infrastructure nearly flawless is. so when these condition are met, you get closer to max bandwidths in UK of what ADSL tech has to offer.

So yes, if PTCL's copper infrastructure is not up to task for any reason OR if small time/poor nayatel doesn't have enough bandwidth to feed its fiber doesn't mean its the technology's fault. Fiber is capable of doing 128kbps but its not invented for doing 128kbps when ADSL already here to do that and can go up to 20+mbps. FIBER IS FOR DOING GBPS

You hear koder? :D

[quote=“armada, post:12, topic:19212”]

raped

[/quote]

their

women

[/quote]

But deep down inside you wish for that don't you? :D

Its just that you're from Dinga and you're Deenga by location association :D

You sir, need to work on your math cause triple of those quantities are 1>3, 2>6, 4>12, 6>18, 8>24 .... :P:D .... and that would not just be any maza but triple mmmaaazzzaaa :D

Yes sir I know a bit about it too

ADSL 1____G.992.1____8 Mbps_____1.1 MHz

ADSL 2____G.992.3____12 Mbps____1.1 MHz

ADSL 2+___G.992.5____24 Mbps____2.2MHz

But in PK,we have got lines installed since baba e azam's era.if you will complain your area lineman for line distortion or anything his answer would be sir g UG fault(underground cable fault).In PK for majority fiber is must for achieving even 4Mbps link.Everything is fine abroad,copper lines would be fine too,no comparison between them and us.

[quote=“Faisal, post:14, topic:19212”]

raped

[/quote]

their

women

[/quote]

But deep down inside you wish for that don’t you? :D

Its just that you’re from Dinga and you’re Deenga by location association :D

you would wish the same or even worse than that when you pay more and get less :angry:

Now just imagine the wish-list of people whom use nayatel on fiber :D

128kbps by day and 1028kbps by night :D

i am much happy with my one and half mbps speed PTCL ftw!! :)

Because some people just want reliability, redundant connectivity with optimum latency, a customer support they can count on anytime any day over every bullshit thing that PTCL has to offer.

btw they do offer 1700/- Pkr for 5Mbps Night, 1Mbps Day, 3000/- Pkr 7Mbps Night, 1Mbps Day.