PTCL frequent disconnection

i have 4Mbps internet connection but it has been over a month now that my internet keeps disconnecting frequently. although the DSL light stays stable and i have registered dozens of complaints but even PTCL's worker cannot make out what the problem is. i have changed my router and event tried changing the wires but that too is of no avail. whenever i open up whatsapp or any app it takes a while before it gets connected. i have got AMG 1312-T10B modem.

ADSL link status: up

Opmode: ITU G.992.1(G.DMT)

near-end interleaved channel bit rate: 6144 kbps
near-end fast channel bit rate: 0 kbps
far-end interleaved channel bit rate: 1056 kbps
far-end fast channel bit rate: 0 kbps

near-end FEC error fast: 0
near-end FEC error interleaved: 193
near-end CRC error fast: 0
near-end CRC error interleaved: 0
near-end HEC error fast: 0
near-end HEC error interleaved: 0
far-end FEC error fast: 0
far-end FEC error interleaved: 3437
far-end CRC error fast: 0
far-end CRC error interleaved: 1100
far-end HEC error fast: 0
far-end HEC error interleaved: 528
ADSL uptime : 1:47, 13 secs
ADSL activetime :0 min, 12 secs

Downstream:
relative capacity occupation: 68%
noise margin downstream: 23.5 dB
output power upstream: 12.0 dbm
attenuation downstream: 3.0 dB

Upstream:
relative capacity occupation: 99%
noise margin upstream: 11.0 dB
output power downstream: 9.5 dbm
attenuation upstream: 3.5 dB

Bit table:
carrier load: number of bits per tone
tone 0- 31: 00 00 00 09 ab bc dd dd dd ee ee ee ee ed cb b9
tone 32- 63: 00 00 23 45 67 78 88 89 99 99 99 99 99 99 aa aa
tone 64- 95: 0a aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa 9a 99 99 99 99 99
tone 96-127: 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99
tone 128-159: 98 99 99 89 99 99 98 88 89 79 99 99 98 88 99 99
tone 160-191: 99 89 98 88 88 88 88 88 88 88 68 88 88 88 88 88
tone 192-223: 76 77 78 87 88 78 77 67 87 77 87 77 77 77 77 77
tone 224-255: 77 77 77 77 77 77 77 77 77 77 77 76 66 66 66 54

near end itu identification: 26005443434e0000
far end itu identification: b5004244434d939e
attain upstream: 1256
attain downstream: 10496

ADSL activetime second: 12
ADSL total ativetime second: 60
ATURANSIRev: 0
ATUCANSIRev: 1
ATURANSIStd: 0
ATUCANSIStd: 0
Interleave Depth: 64
Adsl Standard: G.DMT
Adsl Type: ANNEX_A

AMG1312-T1AMG1312-T1

Post a snapshot of these statistics. These are a bit difficult to read.

i am unable to post so

the date is messed up i just corrected it now

Here is the noise/attenuation stats:

NOISE

6dB or below noise margin is bad, it will experience no synch or intermittent synch problems
7dB-10dB is fair but does not leave much room for variances in conditions
11dB-20dB is good with little or no synch problems (if no large variation)
20dB-28dB is excellent
29dB or above is outstanding

ATTENUATION
20dB and below is outstanding
20dB-30dB is excellent
30dB-40dB is very good
40dB-50dB is good
50dB-60dB is poor and may experience connectivity issues
60dB or above is bad and will experience connectivity issues

Contact the PTCL line man to check your wire and port from where the connection is provided.

they have refreshed the port and they say that they cannot figure out the cause. they have tried everything even asked me to downgrade my package from 8mbps to 4mbps

anyway thankyou so much for responding. however the ptcl line man said that he will bring a new device and see if its the router itself causing the problem although i do not think so/ its been over a month now.

Yeah PTCL is not reliable. Since you've already wasted time/money on replacing your router & cables. Might i recommend simply changing your ISP? Unless you're a heavy downloader (which I'm assuming you're not), then you will be fine with switching to a wireless service.

If interested, you could either go for the traditional providers (wateen, worldcall, witribe, qubee, etc) Or you could go for a wingle (not PTCL crap again), I'm referring to the 3G/4G wingles being provided by our mobile networks. Zong's one is giving the best value at the moment.

https://www.zong.com.pk/mbb/4g_wingle.php

^ This would be a fine replacement (ONLY if you're not keen on heavy downloads / torrents).

------

If changing your ISP is not an option, then your only real option is to keep calling them daily and complaining until they bother to fix the issue.

Even ptcl dsl is lot disconection problem and cantt karachi staff not capable enough to resolve issue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i've heard the words "ptcl" and "frequent disconnection" so many times, they should seriously consider changing their slogan from "say hello to the future" to "frequent disconnections".

hahaha that be true. i dont think any other ISP offer 4mbps since there are so many people at my place who use wifi moreover i do a lot of online gaming and i have heard that other ISP's make it a very terrible experience but so does PTCL. i am so so so sick of pursuing this issue. even the smart TV keeps disconnecting and they say it is from the back end.

[quote=“Arfa_Farook, post:13, topic:22383”]

hahaha that be true. i dont think any other ISP offer 4mbps since there are so many people at my place who use wifi moreover i do a lot of online gaming and i have heard that other ISP’s make it a very terrible experience but so does PTCL. i am so so so sick of pursuing this issue. even the smart TV keeps disconnecting and they say it is from the back end.

[/quote]

worldcall offers 4mb, fiberlink, connect communications, stormfiber even qubee offers a 3mb package. ptcl’s “Smart” tv is idiotic, everywhere i’ve seen it running it has always has issues.

Put aside everything else.

Call Helpline and Lodge the compaint for Phone line distortion.

When lineman shows up, simply ask him to change the pair from exchange as well as cabinet.

Your issue would be resolved.

On the other hand PTCL Charji (4G) wireless Wingle is better option to get 300GB Data = (same as 4mbps dsl) with outclass speeds around 8 to 15 mbps in 2000/month.

Speeds are Dependent on your area of usage with better covearage

P.S Smart Tv services are free on Charji devices as well.

Hello!

- From the stats it seems that the line is great! However, one needs to monitor the line stats over time rather than one particular time! Something may cause interference at random!

- There could be a problem with Authentication (hanged, older sessions) ... this is likely due to some misconfiguration at PTCL's end ... also I have seen PTCL struggle with LCP Echo Requests causing session to drop (no resync) with new IP assigned each time (it happens periodically) ... usually this problem gets worse when PTCL is expected to launch an upgrade offer (like load is shifted to some equipment while they work on the other)

- What one can do in such situation is to:

- try to have password changed for authentication

- ask PTCL to move your line to another line card at their exchange ... move to less congested equipment

- try different router ... would recommend separate modem in bridge mode with a wireless router doing the pppoe ... before buying, one may test by putting the ptcl's router in pure bridge mode and using the PC/Laptop to dial up the pppoe connection

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Ahmed

[quote=“rockz, post:15, topic:22383”]

Put aside everything else.

Call Helpline and Lodge the compaint for Phone line distortion.

When lineman shows up, simply ask him to change the pair from exchange as well as cabinet.

Your issue would be resolved.

[/quote]

I had same problem and they did not changed pair and got no option but to get it disconnect

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

O_O oh God. thank you for all the response. i have tp-link router but it just sits there. i have like 6 people using wireless connection at my place so is charji good enough for that? however i am thinking to go for this line distortion thing as suggested and what Ahmed said well i do not think they really gonna prioritize my demands. i play online on game ranger and previously i was able to host good games for over 4 players but now i cannot even host a single player and stupid NAT cone-error keeps showing up even after port forwarding.

world call seems a nice option too. this is confusing.