PTCL Fibre/ONU Line

I just ordered a Fibre/ONU line and it has been installed.

The wire wasn't completely fibre. The PTCL guy told me that there isn't pure Fibre anywhere in Pakistan from Server to House. The fibre is on the pole and you cover the rest of the distance with copper.

Is that so ? I just wanted to ask the other ONU users if they are completely on fibre ?

Also, Hows the experience with it ?

Yup its like this.. from dp to dibbi the ordinary copper wire is used.

^

Correct.

One more thing, someone told me that ptcl number in KHI starting with 48..series are on ONU .... is it something like that ?

Thanks

dunno about it :S

can You please tell me how to get ONU line ?

I talk to a Line man he said Fiber Wire Not Install in My area

so what is the best Thing for me to do ? i m facing low Pair Issues :(

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

dunno about it :S

can You please tell me how to get ONU line ?

I talk to a Line man he said Fiber Wire Not Install in My area

so what is the best Thing for me to do ? i m facing low Pair Issues :(

[/quote]

u have to live it with copper then…give some chae paani to ur lineman and ask him to change ur pairs… :P

lol i already tried that :D they saying we cant do anything from here :( the Problem from Exchange..he was saying Something about JUMPER

so i dunno what to do here...calling PTCL every day still my problem is unsolved lol

@AsadMoeen, didnt you ever heard,

"ONU wala roye bar bar COPPER wala roye iko var".

anyway lets hope you dont face the ONU problems most people arround here face, and yes they dont provide the Fiber line from Poll to home, because it can be easily stolen or damaged.

@MZC.

These days according to them ONU line is stable. They worked around the power/UPS issues . Hardly goes down for 1 hour in 1 month. So its safe to use. Since I have both the numbers now, so I won't be having any problems to switch from ONU to copper anytime I want. :)

@MZC.

These days according to them ONU line is stable. They worked around the power/UPS issues . Hardly goes down for 1 hour in 1 month. So its safe to use. Since I have both the numbers now, so I won’t be having any problems to switch from ONU to copper anytime I want. :)

[/quote]

I don’t know about your area, but in my area it’s the same as always!

hey incase a place doesn't have ONU and even not a single sign of it(3KM).....how can one get their lazy a$$es starting working, digging and placing new ONU....i have awesome contacts in exchange...even the lineman pays me a visit every now and then to tell me about situations going in exchange.....but i want a higher up order or danda so that ONU could be laid...a very strong email or letter to a guy who can change things in a jiffy!!!! like Walid Irshad(president & CEO of PTCL)!

like Walid Irshad(president & CEO of PTCL)!
[/quote]

you wanna contact him “the ceo” for line problem ?

you wanna contact him “the ceo” for line problem ?

[/quote]

aint he accountable of all the lines and the bickering condition of this organization since he’s the president…i’m thinking of mailing him…! but i need some sort of strong IT police to handle this issue…PTA is not that much effective now!!!

PTCL back #$%^&# me today.

I need some real help from the server end by Firecruz. Would love to return the favour bro.

I got my line converted to ONU without even getting the number changed... :) By the way i was thinking to get DSL again, and now I have no other options, but PTCL dsl... What I wanna know is, my line is quite clear, with no noise... Before calling the PTCL people I wanna know that is it true that dsl works stable on ONU...? Not concerned with pings but, are there any disconnection problems associated with it...? My copper line was really messed up, and I used to get disconnections every half hour... Exchange was also far off :S but now, with ONU, are things gonna change? lineman told me that exchange is quite near,, like in 1-3 km radius, as i have guessed... Is ONU gonna change experience?

It SHOULD unless there are some issues with their ONU infrastructure in your area.