PTCL EVO Tab , is it any good?

Hi ,

I am thinking to buy PTCL EVO Tab, I think it s a good package ( 30K with 6 Months Internet) , but there are 3 factors about which I have doubt:

1 - 800Mhz processor

2 - Re-Sale (is it even possible to resale ?)!!!

3 - Android OS upgrade

So what do you guyz think about it, have any one tried it yet ?

Thanks,

Maverick

There are some drawbacks. For instance, you will never be able to install firefox because that requires ARMv7 architecture, something the tablet lacks.

[quote=“MaverickI, post:, topic:”]

Hi ,

I am thinking to buy PTCL EVO Tab, I think it s a good package ( 30K with 6 Months Internet) , but there are 3 factors about which I have doubt:

1 - 800Mhz processor

3 - Android OS upgrade

Thanks,

Maverick

[/quote]

1) 800MHz will show up its limitations one day, but a 1.4GHz dual core will also be an obsolete thing after some more time. So if you are planning to use it for short period of time, then no issue. If you want to retain it for say 2 years, then don’t buy it.

2) Re-sale, well it depends upon the sale. Anything which is sold in good quantity has a good re-sale, exceptions are there of course.

3) Android OS upgrade - This is totally dependent on the manufacturer of the device. You can think of Android OS (in its stock form, as released by Google) as Layer #1 of the basic OS. The hardware manufacturers have to modify it (or add some more things) to make it work on the specific hardware. This is layer #2. Many times, there is a third layer which Telecom companies ask the handset manufacturers to add for their brand handsets. So in this chain, even if Google releases next version, your hardware manufacturer must add layer #2 and then release for your device.

Considering (specially #3), I will never invest 30K on a Chinese product of this kind.

I've had a chance to tinker with it as a friend has it and I would recommend you stay away from it. It's proper rubbish. Response to swipes of your finger is quite poor and you need to really wrestle with it. It also got pretty warm after a little use - much more so than the IPad's if you have used them. You're much better off buying a used ipad or galaxy tab depending on your OS preference...

Poor resolution. Dont go for it. Dont waste your money

After your comments , I think I better should not buy it.

Thanks guyz.

it's a piece of crap.

[quote=“MaverickI, post:, topic:”]

Hi ,

1 - 800Mhz processor

3 - Android OS upgrade

Thanks,

Maverick

[/quote]

For 30k? They are selling this piece of sh** for 30k? Along with 6 months of internet with this? Heck, they are making huge amounts of profit not only on that useless tablet but also on that 6 months internet.

If you want a tablet then here are my suggestions:

1) If you are a fan of Apple or want to be in hype then get iPad 2.

2) If you want a good piece of technology with awesome screen then get Samsung Galaxy Tab. (F*** you Apple for suing Samsung and trying to block such a good piece of tech).

3) If you want something inexpensive and yet with Android 3.2 (awesome B) ) then get Huawei MediaTab. It will be out in few days or in a month (fingers crossed). In India, it’s price will be around 20k. My guess is, it should be around 30k in Pakistan.

I won’t recommend buying anything else. Especially not generic Chinese tablets. Most of times, they are not running Android but a look-alike. And even if they are running Android then still it’s such a pain in neck to use them. I have seen a not-so-generic ZTE’s tablet running Android 2.1 (or 2.2 don’t remember) but the hardware was pathetic and it gives me the impression that ZTE didn’t spent much time to correctly port the Android to their tab.