PTCL EVO Peshawar!

Q1. Does PTCL EVO offer roaming outside Peshawar?

A. No! EVO customers who have purchased their devices from Peshawar cannot use their devices in other cities such as Karachi, Lahore, and Islamabad etc. This is because Evo works on 450 MHz frequency in Peshawar and 1900 MHz frequency in Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad etc.

Whats the use of it then? :|

This is some thing rubbish, and smells like discriminatory, as no reason has been specified. I am very disappointed being a Pakistani every place and every one shall be treated the same way.

It's confusing. can any one elaborate the following... if I didn't get it correctly...

Taken from http://www.ptcl.com.pk/contentb.php?NID=284

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
Employing the latest 3G technology, EVO has expanded its EVDO coverage in almost 20 cities nationwide and the little dongle converts automatically to CDMA mode providing low sped connectivity in Non-EVDO coverage areas with 450MHz frequency.
[/quote]

Note the above and read following...

EVO customers who have purchased their devices from Peshawar cannot use their devices in other cities such as Karachi, Lahore, and Islamabad etc. This is because Evo works on 450 MHz frequency in Peshawar and 1900 MHz frequency in Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad etc.
[/quote]

In first quoted text, they are saying that they have EVDO coverage in 20 cities and it converts to CDMA mode where EVDO coverage is not available yet.... with 450MHz frequency.

And they are saying now that EVO is available in Peshawar on 450MHz. What does it mean....... it's the one still in Non-EVDO coverage area? If yes then what the advertisement about..... selling connections in Non-EVDO coverage areas.... huh?

It's obvious that EVDO doesn't operate on 450MHz.... It still must be CDMA service they are talking about in Peshawar.... If So..... then

Isn't it better to keep the service intact as said in the first quoted text. They are actually having 450MHz coverage in Peshawar then why not keep it working like the one described in first quoted text..... So that one could buy service from any where which also should work at least in Non-EVDO coverage area where it just should convert to CDMA mode in relative frequencies, and that was already in place....

I am not sure what I've understood from this specific service mentioning in Peshawar.......

It’s confusing. can any one elaborate the following… if I didn’t get it correctly…

Taken from http://www.ptcl.com.pk/contentb.php?NID=284

Note the above and read following…

In first quoted text, they are saying that they have EVDO coverage in 20 cities and it converts to CDMA mode where EVDO coverage is not available yet… with 450MHz frequency.

And they are saying now that EVO is available in Peshawar on 450MHz. What does it mean… it’s the one still in Non-EVDO coverage area? If yes then what the advertisement about… selling connections in Non-EVDO coverage areas… huh?

It’s obvious that EVDO doesn’t operate on 450MHz… It still must be CDMA service they are talking about in Peshawar… If So… then

Isn’t it better to keep the service intact as said in the first quoted text. They are actually having 450MHz coverage in Peshawar then why not keep it working like the one described in first quoted text… So that one could buy service from any where which also should work at least in Non-EVDO coverage area where it just should convert to CDMA mode in relative frequencies, and that was already in place…

I am not sure what I’ve understood from this specific service mentioning in Peshawar…

[/quote]

before evo was in less cities now its in 100 cities but problem z with peshawar if u buy evo in peshawar u cant use it outside peshawar also u cant use other cities evo in peshawar

yeh dun know wots wrong with peshwar dat they offering on separate frequency

That's what made me :| when I started this topic.Its 450MHz in peshawar & 1900MHz in other cities.No reason stated.I have the Peshawar and Islamabad devices.Islamabad device works nearly evrywhere but Peshawar wala doesn't work anywhere except Peshawar.

i think in peshawar ptcl using some 1 else boosters lol tats y separate frequency for peshawar

i think in peshawar ptcl using some 1 else boosters lol tats y separate frequency for peshawar
[/quote]

Might be …

Thanks

@ KA: nice catch

Thanks

how z evo working in peshawar range speed ? Has any 1 used it

I didn't get the MHz theory by PTCL really :D

Same crappy thing for Abbottabad too.. the device works at 450mHz.. I do use it in Islamabad but here in Abbottabad there is no signal..i tried to call the helpline they told me to buy a new one over here and it costs 3999Rs ..Islamabad device won't work because it uses 1900mhz