Ptcl EVDO (Evo) In chakwal

well i borrowed a ZTE EVDO AC 2726 from a friend (fahad) WP member and here is da result of EVDO in my area ( Pindi Road Mohallah Usmanabad Chakwal)

Signals : 5 bars on EVDO mode connecting speed 3.1Mbps

Singal: 3 bars on CDMA 1x mode connecting speed 153kbps (PTCL Vwireless Mode)

Some ping tests

Transfer rate on hotfile Premium server

Speed test results

877223743.png

877226764.png

877228293.png

Torrent: I am using Bit Torrent tracker

I am on 100 rs per day package evo is launched on 5th of this month i am getting good signals and there is not so much traffic in chakwal .. then y i am getting 1 Mbps speed ???????

55Kb/sec hmmm 512kbps link not even 1024kbps link.. Its all the bandwidth game.They have capped the bandwidth in chakawal where you reside :D I was also getting this much speed while I was using it,never ever crossed 1024kbps speed... you remember when I told you,be very careful before spending bucks..:)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

55Kb/sec hmmm 512kbps link not even 1024kbps link… Its all the bandwidth game.They have capped the bandwidth in chakawal where you reside :D I was also getting this much speed while I was using it,never ever crossed 1024kbps speed… you remember when I told you,be very careful before spending bucks…:)
[/quote]

well well well i have done an experiment i have used my old 6 foot Dish and pointed it towards the PTCL EVDO tower and used 15 foot Cat 5 cable to join ptcl EVDo device and PC usb port (Full Desi Mahool) … guess what i got

3.1Mbps speed

375KB/s hahahahahaahahahaha

wanna see proof ???

ptclwithextension.jpg

well Da desi USB extended cable is not 100 % secure and windows 7 is not detecting it lol is there any USB extended cable available in da market which is of 10 foot to 20 foot ???

any one wanna see Evo on DISH antenna :D hahahahahhahaah

^damn it :D congrats!!! so it means they havnt capped speed or anything its all about signal strength :o:D man other EVO users in ur area would be cursing PTCL EVO :P u r sucking their bandwidth :P

^damn it :D congrats!!! so it means they havnt capped speed or anything its all about signal strength :o:D man other EVO users in ur area would be cursing PTCL EVO :P u r sucking their bandwidth :P
[/quote]

yep its all about Signal strength … well my dish is i guess 24 DB gain walai … it supports 500mzh to 12ghz and evo is on 800Mhz fre and tower is about 1.2 Km away …

i guess not all people should buy satellite dish along a Evdo stick :D

i will also check it on peak hours can u tell me at what time u get less speed ???

@ all it there any 10 to 20 Foot usb extension cable available in da market

well i am getting 2.9Mbps most of the time :D as i am hardly 100~meters from the EVDO BTS>.... in peak hours mostly 8pm-12 its around 1.5Mbps~ so i consider it as peak time :P this is what i'm gettin at the moment..

877689874.png

shotm.jpg

these days EVDO seems to be quite stable n it looks that PTCL is giving more bandwidth for EVDO nowdayz ...its getting better and better :) i used to have high pings and slow browsing a week ago but now its fine even in peak timings

well i am getting 2.9Mbps most of the time :D as i am hardly 100~meters from the EVDO BTS>… in peak hours mostly 8pm-12 its around 1.5Mbps~ so i consider it as peak time :P this is what i’m gettin at the moment…

http://www.speedtest.net/result/877561329.png

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/6956/shotm.jpg

these days EVDO seems to be quite stable n it looks that PTCL is giving more bandwidth for EVDO nowdayz …its getting better and better :) i used to have high pings and slow browsing a week ago but now its fine even in peak timings

[/quote]

i guess we both have same Signal strength but u are 100 meter away and i am 1200 meters my dish is doing a brilliant job for me which in making 1200meters dis = 100 meter Distance

@stalover. for usb extension cable why don't you join few to make it longer.

@stalover. for usb extension cable why don’t you join few to make it longer.
[/quote]

naaaaaaa i am alredy using that … Somde time windows is not detecting da device … And i don’t wanna burn my pc and evo faha will gonna kill me :D

well well well i have done an experiment i have used my old 6 foot Dish and pointed it towards the PTCL EVDO tower and used 15 foot Cat 5 cable to join ptcl EVDo device and PC usb port (Full Desi Mahool) … guess what i got

[/quote]

Mind sharing few pics of your setup? How can you connect cat cable to the PTCL EVO device :S

Mind sharing few pics of your setup? How can you connect cat cable to the PTCL EVO device :S

[/quote]

I will post da pic but i am trying some thing new and bit cheap … As compare to dish antenna tempered usb cables …

Soon i will share with all…

I will post da pic but i am trying some thing new and bit cheap … As compare to dish antenna tempered usb cables …

Soon i will share with all…

[/quote]

dude if u need full speed. just use it in murree…u will get about 400kb/sec speed there…:)

these days EVDO seems to be quite stable n it looks that PTCL is giving more bandwidth for EVDO nowdayz …its getting better and better :) i used to have high pings and slow browsing a week ago but now its fine even in peak timings

[/quote]

Speak for yourself man. I barely get 20KBps even in off-peak hours:

882028165.png

This has been going on for almost a month now. Absolutely pathetic.

wow thats really nice, i bought an antenna for ZTE ac2726 online and it has got 11dbi gain but it doesn't seem to work properly and the 12foot cable is short for it to be placed on roof top. Your desi antenna is much much nicer , would you please post some pictures of the whole dish antenna setup as i have got 6 feet dish with me, ru using any C or KU band LNB with it as well or mere parabolic dish is serving the task. if thats then how did you connect wires? please post some helping material i would really grateful to u.

thxx