PTCL DumbTV a.k.a SmartTV device goes Cheap!

In a latest move PTCL once again came back to the long forgotten IPTV project, 50% reduction in Smart TV STB price (from PKR 9,995/- to PKR 4,999/-) In case if you decide to pay STB's charges as monthly installment, then there is 50% reduction in that too (from PKR 500/- to PKR 250/- a month, recoverable over 24 months). The offer is valid for new Sales, while all existing customers will stay on previous terms.

can you tell us that in which cities smart tv is available????????????????

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

can you tell us that in which cities smart tv is available???
[/quote]

Pick up the Phone, dial 1 2 3 6! Follow the IVR :P

Smart TV (IPTV) is offered in Following Cities:

1. Karachi

2. Lahore

3. Islamabad

4. Rawalpindi

5. Faisalabad

6. Multan

7. Peshawar

8. Hyderabad

9. Gugranwala

10. Sargodha

11. Sukkur

12. Gujrat

13. Jehlum

14. Taxila

15. Wah Cantt

16. Abbottabad

^Khocha! Why did you forget to write Sialkot! :)

LOL i copied it from some other site.....my bad :)

any one have smart tv so please give feedback and snapshots about picture quality and other detail

They should provide just TV and phone package,

for those who don't want/need their broadband

service.

PTCL already has it's infrastructure all over the

country. This way, they could easily cut into World

Call's cable TV monopoly in cities. But the mgmt

seems least interested in making "smart" money.

Sheikh 'Choosy' Chilli

for those who don’t want/need their broadband

service.

PTCL already has it’s infrastructure all over the

country. This way, they could easily cut into World

Call’s cable TV monopoly in cities. But the mgmt

seems least interested in making “smart” money.

Sheikh ‘Choosy’ Chilli

[/quote]

It’s IPTV, and hence can’t be provided without DSL :(

any one have smart tv so please give feedback and snapshots about picture quality and other detail
[/quote]

The resolution is best for 21" max or less TV’s. Mostly these days they give you the used STB’s as Pin packdevices are not available anymore. Don’t go for it if you are on ONU, as ONU lines have lots of problems regarding authentication or busy tone stuff. Can’t get you snapshots as i have just terminated my services! besides its a 5 year old China made Device model.

The resolution is best for 21" max or less TV’s. Mostly these days they give you the used STB’s as Pin packdevices are not available anymore. Don’t go for it if you are on ONU, as ONU lines have lots of problems regarding authentication or busy tone stuff. Can’t get you snapshots as i have just terminated my services! besides its a 5 year old China made Device model.

[/quote]

on copper its working flawlessly with gud picture even though my SNR is 7.0 and downstream 3675/992. i have issue with their channel list, rest is okay…its lyk they aint working on it as a separate dept., you may have seen this trend first telephone promotion then DSL and atlast afta almost 2yrs they came up with 50% off on STB… there should be innovative features lyk Airtel and TaTa providing…back then 2008, there were some regular updates on IPTV theme changes and good channel lists etc. but now its been quite long tht any updates been there. So i’m hoping tht this dead project gets lifted up wid a boom!!!

Pick up the Phone, dial 1 2 3 6! Follow the IVR :P

[/quote]

read answer of bathisland.

hmm i want to try

i have ONU line but it didnt have given me problems...

is there a trial thingi?

for those who don’t want/need their broadband

service.

PTCL … money.

Sheikh ‘Choosy’ Chilli

[/quote]

Bro it couldn’t be provided without broadband, even if they do not provide services like lock it or some thing else, it would be easily hacked and costumers will have access to illegal access to broadband. :)