PTCL DSL volume cap

It is to inform all and sundry that PTCL has decided to put a monthly volume cap of 50GB on its DSL packages. Anything above the cap will attract a fixed charge of Rs. 1000. uptil now the news is confirmed but still hoping that the decision is reversed since 50GB limit is too low for most of the WP members and general DSL user in Pakistan. Practicall this would mean an increase in PTCL DSL packages.

for a 4MB user the limit is absurd since only if One hour full download at 425KB/S per day comes to 43GB. damn you ptcl.

Any official link for this?

[quote=“Faisal, post:2, topic:15174”]

Any official link for this?

[/quote]

No official link so far but the information was circulated within PTCL through a Marketing Bulletin. Furthermore, the cap has been put on 4Mb, 6MB, 8MB packages and student package will be Rs. 100 more expensive from August 1.

[quote=“ummro, post:3, topic:15174”]

No official link so far but the information was circulated within PTCL through a Marketing Bulletin. Furthermore, the cap has been put on 4Mb, 6MB, 8MB packages and student package will be Rs. 100 more expensive from August 1.

[/quote]

So what is the source of this Bulletin? who issued it? its too hard to believe.

[quote=“ummro, post:, topic:”]

It is to inform all and sundry that PTCL has decided to put a monthly volume cap of 50GB on its DSL packages. Anything above the cap will attract a fixed charge of Rs. 1000. uptil now the news is confirmed but still hoping that the decision is reversed since 50GB limit is too low for most of the WP members and general DSL user in Pakistan. Practicall this would mean an increase in PTCL DSL packages.

for a 4MB user the limit is absurd since only if One hour full download at 425KB/S per day comes to 43GB. damn you ptcl.

[/quote]

You are joking,right? I mean after making a killer,PTCL decided to add volume cap on all their packages?And 50 GB for all?And further more, no official links or source or anything?

I,ll be right here waiting for confirmation from others.

Is the limit going to be on all packages or only from 4mb and so on???

I wont believe this until i actually see the news on PTCL site its self.

If its true it'll be beneficial for other Competitors.

Will suck big time if they cap our downloads.

*sigh*

1 step forward, 2 steps back. PTCL.

whether its a rumor or news, sucks big time, especially when dsl is giving issues everywhere!!!

i will say goodbye to all ptcl services immediately, if PTCL did it

wateen etc are alternative... i use like 400gb monthly on my 4 mb connection

I dont think PTCL will cap afaik

[quote=“cooldude911, post:12, topic:15174”]

I dont think PTCL will cap afaik

[/quote]

They already have.Check propakistani.pk :(.

Luckily I am a LDN user but this decision makes me worry.What if Mobilink follow this path as well?

confirmed this from helpline... cap is not applied to 1mb and 2mb...

i have downgraded my package to 2mb

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

confirmed this from helpline… cap is not applied to 1mb and 2mb…

i have downgraded my package to 2mb

[/quote]

Any downgrade charges??

[quote=“highway, post:15, topic:15174”]

Any downgrade charges??

[/quote]

nope

lol do they want users to downgrade to 2mbps or pay 1000 more to get 4mbps unlimited ..... :@

[quote=“MbHashmi, post:13, topic:15174”]

They already have.Check propakistani.pk :(.

Luckily I am a LDN user but this decision makes me worry.What if Mobilink follow this path as well?

[/quote]

Link?

^

http://propakistani.pk/2011/07/31/ptcl-broadband-tariff-revised-monthly-data-limit-applied/

they have also increased the monthly charges of student packages. :(

still there is no any official announcement

confirmed by 1236