PTCL DSL User Logs?

AoA all,

I was wondering that for how much duration PTCL keep the DSL usage logs of user before purging ? or PTCL even keeps any logs or not ???

And how much PTCL is senstive about user data privacy issue ?

As now even in India they are trying to impose copy right policy on internet music and movies...so was wondering how much information PTCL has on our bandwidth usage :)

I would like to hear thoughts of your guys on this issue .

Thanks.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

AoA all,

I was wondering that for how much duration PTCL keep the DSL usage logs of user before purging ? or PTCL even keeps any logs or not ???

And how much PTCL is senstive about user data privacy issue ?

As now even in India they are trying to impose copy right policy on internet music and movies…so was wondering how much information PTCL has on our bandwidth usage :)

I would like to hear thoughts of your guys on this issue .

Thanks.

[/quote]

there is difference between copyrights data and the logs that how much you download data , i dont think so that ISPs do keep logging very deeply that which site you accessing from where you downloading , but yes if they have to chq particular login usage then i think they have ways to track down but on whole i dont think so

I think just logging which sites you have browsed is not 'deep' logging .. it will be part of their casual logging to keep track what sessions u hav made to which sites at wat time...

What I am curious about is weather they keep track of downloading we do .. like from rapidshare etc.. and I kno some ISPs even block torrents . so there r means to log n block whatever they want..

so any one has any inside actual knowledge of their logging policy ???

I dont know about their policy , but most of the time copyright do not work like this , that is you dont and cant stop people from downloading something ilegal , rather the sources of such ilegal contents get blocked/disabled with the process of copyright infringment reporting, handling , disabling etc.