Ptcl dsl sharing

i want to share my ptcl dsl connection on two computers.

no network exists between these two computers.two lan cards are already installed on each of these computers and i have purchased tp-link(5-port 10/100m fast ehernet switch).

now what to do next so that i can share dsl on two computers and also i can use internet on one computer if the other is switched off

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

no network exists between these two computers.two lan cards are already installed on each of these computers and i have purchased tp-link(5-port 10/100m fast ehernet switch).

now what to do next so that i can share dsl on two computers and also i can use internet on one computer if the other is switched off

[/quote]

Pay Rs. 100 to Rs. 200 to some guy at computer shops to do networking for you.

brother there are no computer shops near us

go to hafeez centre :)

yar i live in d.i.khan(city of bomb blasts) and u r saying go to hafeez center

anyone plz help me here

[/quote]

just plugin ur LAN cable from ptcl modem to tplink LAN port ( any of of the four ) .

Thats it.

You can connect other computers also directly to LAN ports on tplink.

Make sure DHCP is on on ptcl modem .

Ahsan

just plugin ur LAN cable from ptcl modem to tplink LAN port ( any of of the four ) .

Thats it.

You can connect other computers also directly to LAN ports on tplink.

Make sure DHCP is on on ptcl modem .

Ahsan

[/quote]

i have done this now what to do next and what is meant by DHCP is on ptcl modem

i have done this now what to do next and what is meant by DHCP is on ptcl modem

[/quote]

there is option of DHCP in settings of ptcl modem , keep it ON.

there is option of DHCP in settings of ptcl modem , keep it ON.

[/quote]

i will try it tomorrow but bundle of thanks

if DHCP does not work or u have problem with it then manually enter these TCP/IP settings

IP : 192.168.1.2

Subnet mask : 255.255.255.0

default gateway : 192.168.1.1

preffered dns : 203.99.163.240

alternate dns : 203.135.0.70

similarly fr second pc u can just put all above sttings but give tat pc ip 192.168.1.3

It simple just buy a modem with USB and ethernet ports. Connect USB to one and Ethernet to other and just leave the modem in on position. I used this for LDN. PTCL modem has only one ethernet.

if DHCP does not work or u have problem with it then manually enter these TCP/IP settings

IP : 192.168.1.2

Subnet mask : 255.255.255.0

default gateway : 192.168.1.1

preffered dns : 203.99.163.240

alternate dns : 203.135.0.70

similarly fr second pc u can just put all above sttings but give tat pc ip 192.168.1.3

[/quote]

its done

thanks bro

mention not :) which settind did u applied?? DHCP or manually?

i also have the very same problem and i used the setting other than the DHCP but.. it didnt work :(... tell me about the DHCP setting plz

manual