PTCL DSL Packages Analysis

In the interest of revelation, I've done a bit of analysis on each PTCL package factoring in the feedback received from the forums on speed performance. This is worth bringing the to the attention of consumers. I've attempted to calculate/determine the best value for money for each of the PTCL packages currently offered. Average SpeedTest data samples have been collected from the forums here on the PTCL forum.

Summary is as follows:

DSL-1Mb Unlimited

Current Cost: Rs. 1,200 /month

Advertised Cost Per Mb: Rs. 1,200

Average SpeedTest Result: 1.15 Mbps

Effective Cost Per Mb: Rs. 1,043

DSL-2Mb Unlimited

Current Cost: Rs. 2,000 /month

Advertised Cost Per Mb: Rs. 1,000

Average SpeedTest Result: 2.166 Mbps

Effective Cost Per Mb: Rs. 923

DSL-4Mb Unlimited

Current Cost: Rs. 5,000 /month

Advertised Cost Per Mb: Rs. 1,250

Average SpeedTest Result: 3.495 Mbps

Effective Cost Per Mb: Rs. 1,430

There are a few interesting things to note here:

- One gets the most bang for buck with the 2Mbps package

- The 1Mbps & 2Mbps package is generally true to their advertised speed

- The worst cost-effective package is the 4Mbps package with the highest cost per Mb, and displaying significantly high variation from the advertised speed.

- One is better off getting 2 x 2Mb connections (if the bandwidth is really neded) where by the user is to get true 4Mb's worth of bandwidth plus pays significantly less.

PTCL Sales/Marketing really needs to wake up here. Comments welcome on the above.

wrong... i am using 2mb connection aand gettin 1400 bill + line rent...

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

wrong… i am using 2mb connection aand gettin 1400 bill + line rent…
[/quote]

bcoz u using Student package :P

In the interest of revelation, I’ve done a bit of analysis on each PTCL package factoring in the feedback received from the forums on speed performance. This is worth bringing the to the attention of consumers. I’ve attempted to calculate/determine the best value for money for each of the PTCL packages currently offered. Average SpeedTest data samples have been collected from the forums here on the PTCL forum.

Summary is as follows:

DSL-1Mb Unlimited

Current Cost: Rs. 1,200 /month

Advertised Cost Per Mb: Rs. 1,200

Average SpeedTest Result: 1.15 Mbps

Effective Cost Per Mb: Rs. 1,043

DSL-2Mb Unlimited

Current Cost: Rs. 2,000 /month

Advertised Cost Per Mb: Rs. 1,000

Average SpeedTest Result: 2.166 Mbps

Effective Cost Per Mb: Rs. 923

DSL-4Mb Unlimited

Current Cost: Rs. 5,000 /month

Advertised Cost Per Mb: Rs. 1,250

Average SpeedTest Result: 3.495 Mbps

Effective Cost Per Mb: Rs. 1,430

There are a few interesting things to note here:

- One gets the most bang for buck with the 2Mbps package

- The 1Mbps & 2Mbps package is generally true to their advertised speed

- The worst cost-effective package is the 4Mbps package with the highest cost per Mb, and displaying significantly high variation from the advertised speed.

- One is better off getting 2 x 2Mb connections (if the bandwidth is really neded) where by the user is to get true 4Mb’s worth of bandwidth plus pays significantly less.

PTCL Sales/Marketing really needs to wake up here. Comments welcome on the above.

[/quote]

Nice Job Bro :)

bcoz u using Student package :P

[/quote]

o i know ;)

o i know ;)

[/quote]

2mb pack actual cost is 2000 rs and 30% off for student packages how u r getting much discount and i am not paying BB line rent they just charge fone line rent which is too much if u make calls or not u have to pay them 200 for line rent and CLI.

in other words, i can say i have to pay 200 for this low line and CLI which i am not using.