PTCL DSL Internet Light Turned Off in Defence Karachi

My PTCL DSL is not getting an IP Address since 7 30 PM Yesterday (Internet Light is off). I called PTCL, and they said that it is an exchange/backend issue/network issue and it will be solved in one hour. But it's now 1 pm (Friday), and it is still not solved.

They are saying that whole Defence is effected, though I doubt that. But I am sure about Misri-Shah Exchange, as that is my exchange.

Anyone else having this problem?

Its not the case with you.. Its happening all over PK.Since yesterday DSL light also turned off with the internet light and came back after a long 5 6 hours.Same happened today but it came back after an hour or so.

I see. Thanks for sharing. Here my DSL Light is stable, but Internet Light is turned off.

I wonder what is happening if it is all over PK??

Yesterday when I asked the CSR, he said we are upgrading lol .. God knows what are they upgrading

Same issue with me... Misri Shah exchange. Tried in the morning (Saturday 8:30 AM), Internet light is stil dead. Nab, if you get any update on the issue do post it here.

Hi Quasimodo,

Internet Light was back up at about 3 PM Yesterday (Friday) on my side. But my phone line went dead after 5 PM yesterday and came back at around 10 PM.

DSL is working fine for now...

Yeah its usual now.Internet load shedding has started now ehh

Internet was working fine at morning but got really bad at night, it keeps going on n off. Weird shyte.

i am facing the same problem :S

i was facing the same problem

but i complaint them and they call back and guided me to re enter the password

and it worked :D

Solution to your problem.

1. write 192.168.1.1 on your browser

2. Log in by your User name and pswd (Generally user id and pswd both are admin)

3. Click on quick start and then next

4. Select "PPPoE/PPPoA" and click next

5. Writer your user name and pswd and write following settin

VPI: 0

VCI: 103

Connection Type: PPPoELLC

NAT Enable

Default Route Activated

and then click next

save setting

On the top of window click MANAGEMENT

1. now click on Reboot from left pane

and select current setting and click restart

IT will help you out INSHA ALLAH, as i resolved my issue by doing these settings.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
I see. Thanks for sharing. Here my DSL Light is stable, but Internet Light is turned off.

I wonder what is happening if it is all over PK??

[/quote]