PTCL DSL disconnection issue resolved!

Assalam-o-Alykum;

I want to share a strange experience with you guys, as i saw many users are posting same problem.

From the day of ptcl broadband installation i was facing frequent disconnect issue, i lost my all hope after lodging so many complaints and ptcl lineman and technician visited my home so many times and they also couldn't find the solution and they advised me to get another service and get ptcl broadband disconnected, but problem was that if i discontinue it i would still have to pay for next 3 months bill.

i also lodged a complaint in PTA, got some calls from ptcl headquarter but my problem remain same, and i left no choice but to continue to use it as long as i can.

But some days ago i was surprised to see that when i unplugged the cord from main DB and plugged it again DSL continue to work for about 1 hour or two and no disconnection happened,

so i continue to do that and some time it works sometime not, until i decided to remove that cord and installed new one, my eyes remained open and i was really shocked to see that i didn't Noticed any disconnect sign on ptcl modem/router, i rushed to the pc immediately and run it and opened the web browser and torrent software, i took deep breath and i felt ashamed that i tried everything but didn't noticed that small thing, i was laughing at myself. From that day i haven't got disconnect issue any single time.

So i thought to post this strange experience with u guys bcoz i see many people are complaining the same issue, so make sure to replace the wire/cord and see if it works for you.

Jazak-Allah

askfriends Lineman and PTCL should be ashamed.

askfriends which cord should i unplug from my PTCL wingle?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hmm Interesting...THanks for sharing this tip ... I already noticed this strange thing plug/unplug effects the disconnection frequency....But I never thought of repacing the cord....

Cords supplied with PTCL Router is of very poor quality even the Netwrok cable looks like it will break in ones hand...

Ok I will replace the cord tommorow lets see if it solves my disconnection issue ... by the way I was about to replace my modem ..... :)

[quote=“lordjhb22, post:3, topic:21463”]

askfriends which cord should i unplug from my PTCL wingle?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

[/quote]

I unplugged the cord which connects main DB to DSL Modem.

Start with this cord and see what happens, than you can try to change the cord which comes from Modem to your PC and see the result.

[quote=“jamalkhan, post:4, topic:21463”]

Hmm Interesting...THanks for sharing this tip ... I already noticed this strange thing plug/unplug effects the disconnection frequency....But I never thought of repacing the cord....

Cords supplied with PTCL Router is of very poor quality even the Netwrok cable looks like it will break in ones hand...

Ok I will replace the cord tommorow lets see if it solves my disconnection issue ... by the way I was about to replace my modem ..... :)

[/quote]

Yes try this before doing anything else.

I also changed my modem twice from the DSL technician but all in vain... :P

Reading this thread made me think that i am reading someone narrating the story of sleepwalking and associated hallucinating adventures

using ptcl itself is a dream! Nightmare for some, wet one for others :D

[quote=“Myelin, post:7, topic:21463”]

Reading this thread made me think that i am reading someone narrating the story of sleepwalking and associated hallucinating adventures

[/quote]

Lol.. :P

[quote="lordjhb22, post:8, topic:21463"]

using ptcl itself is a dream! Nightmare for some, wet one for others :D

[/quote]

:D

Oh man your tip worked..... for few days I was pluging/unpluging the cord every 10 minutes I was suspecting something is wrong with my modem (probably a default firmware bug) you can see my thread here

but then I read your thread I purchased a new cord (I asked the shopkeeper to provide best avaliable quality) but it didn't make any diffrence because The new cord had same quality as PTCL supllied I then went to my store room and found a 10 year old Quality cord ,I connected it and now my connection is working fine no disconnections.......Hurray ............. :D

[quote=“jamalkhan, post:10, topic:21463”]

Oh man your tip worked..... for few days I was pluging/unpluging the cord every 10 minutes I was suspecting something is wrong with my modem (probably a default firmware bug) you can see my thread here

but then I read your thread I purchased a new cord (I asked the shopkeeper to provide best avaliable quality) but it didn't make any diffrence because The new cord had same quality as PTCL supllied I then went to my store room and found a 10 year old Quality cord ,I connected it and now my connection is working fine no disconnections.......Hurray ............. :D

[/quote]

congrats man!

i feel happy at least one could be benefited...

[quote=“askfriends, post:11, topic:21463”]

congrats man!

i feel happy at least one could be benefited...

[/quote]

PTCL DSL have millions of diffrent problems not everyone is facing similar issues therefore its very difficult to find a proper solution ... And see you and I were facing similar problem but I was relating it to modem and you found the right solution (After a lot of trouble of course)

[quote=“jamalkhan, post:12, topic:21463”]

PTCL DSL have millions of diffrent problems not everyone is facing similar issues therefore its very difficult to find a proper solution ... And see you and I were facing similar problem but I was relating it to modem and you found the right solution (After a lot of trouble of course)

[/quote]

yes..i shoot numerous complaints to ptcl and also to PTA, changed modem as well, and numerous times DSL technician and Lineman visited my home but failed to find the fault..Finally my common sense did it..

[quote=“askfriends, post:13, topic:21463”]

yes..i shoot numerous complaints to ptcl and also to PTA, changed modem as well, and numerous times DSL technician and Lineman visited my home but failed to find the fault..Finally my common sense did it..

[/quote]

Thanks to you man ...... I see a comment above where a member was suspecting you are halusinating something.......

We pakis usually don't share hard earned experiences and even if someone ever shares it he don't receieve his due appreciations......

i am also suffering from this problem can you tell me what is cord and how it looks

cord means normal telephone cable with one connector on each side.