Ptcl dsl connection

Today i got PTCL dsl and i asked the PTCL for 2MB connection.And i am getting 8MB speed in my PTCL downstream dont what is the problem.The PTCL guy told me that you have ordered for 2MB i said yes he said ok it is 2MB and when they left i did a speedtest i got 8.01Mbps in Speedtest.net.

How i can tell them to correct it or if i dont tell them will they charge me 7000Rs/month.

[quote=“nehman, post:, topic:”]

Today i got PTCL dsl and i asked the PTCL for 2MB connection.And i am getting 8MB speed in my PTCL downstream dont what is the problem.The PTCL guy told me that you have ordered for 2MB i said yes he said ok it is 2MB and when they left i did a speedtest i got 8.01Mbps in Speedtest.net.

How i can tell them to correct it or if i dont tell them will they charge me 7000Rs/month.

[/quote]

Call on 1218 n provide them your Landline number, they will tell you whats your connection speed.if they say you have 2mb connection than continue with it n enjoy 8mb n u’ll be charged for 2MB.

You signed PTCL's form. Right? They gave you its copy. Right? What is the speed mentioned on that document? If its 2m, why worried?

[quote=“Monty, post:2, topic:15830”]

Call on 1218 n provide them your Landline number, they will tell you whats your connection speed.if they say you have 2mb connection than continue with it n enjoy 8mb n u’ll be charged for 2MB.

[/quote]

101% Pakistani awam solution :) and I agree it 100% :)

no they didnt gave me any copy of PTCL form .

WTF. I too am getting 4Mbps speed instead of 2, even though I'm getting bill for 2Mbps o.O

1549715953.png

The reason can be, PTCL machinery is screwy and can't even manage itself to hold the back. On the top, screwy bhanjay bhatijay of mamoon chachoo are working who are completely unaware of what is going on inside technology.

[quote=“blogger, post:7, topic:15830”]

The reason can be, PTCL machinery is screwy and can’t even manage itself to hold the back. On the top, screwy bhanjay bhatijay of mamoon chachoo are working who are completely unaware of what is going on inside technology.

[/quote]

Hey blogger you remind me of Shiekh Chilli (Na Taar aye gi na SDO nachay gah)they have not changed my wire either. :(

[quote=“nvd650, post:4, topic:15830”]

101% Pakistani awam solution :) and I agree it 100% :)

[/quote]

Yeah , atleast entertain ourselves :P .

[quote=“jDk, post:6, topic:15830”]

WTF. I too am getting 4Mbps speed instead of 2, even though I’m getting bill for 2Mbps o.O

1549715953.png

[/quote]

two or three months back ptcl has already upgraded 2mb package to 4mb in same billing and 4mb to 6mb. so there is nothing wrong.

^^^There is something wrong because PTCL is still offering 2 Mbps package for Rs 1500.

^ I downgraded my package from 4 to 2Mbps back in August as I can't afford to pay 3k for a 4Mbps connection. However, tonight for the last 6-7 hours i'm witnessing speeds upto 600K/s o.O. Well atleast it helped me finish downloading F1 2011 much quickly than I was expecting :P.

[quote=“jDk, post:12, topic:15830”]

^ I downgraded my package from 4 to 2Mbps back in August as I can’t afford to pay 3k for a 4Mbps connection. However, tonight for the last 6-7 hours i’m witnessing speeds upto 600K/s o.O. Well atleast it helped me finish downloading F1 2011 much quickly than I was expecting :P.

[/quote]

PTCL is sacha, when he says that any data more than 50GB will be charged 1000 rps :) we upgrade our internet just for fun and then we must pay for that fun too and believe me 1000 extra even nothing. Thanks Allah we are in Pakistan and enjoying muftaas :)

I'm still getting 4Mbps speeds. I hope I don't get overcharged for their incompetence :(