PTCL DSL connection getting intermittent outage

Hello All,

I dont know if it is happening with anyone else out there or not. I have a 1Mbps connection and untill a week ago it was running fine with download rates of 100~110KB but now when having large downloads from rapidshare or even in general browsing very often the connection goes silent for 1~5 minutes and no network activity happens then it starts again with the normal download speed, then again it goes silent.

Although i have connected a wireless router Linksys WRTSL54GS with the DSL modem, but it was always connected initially as well, I have tried disconnecting it as well.

I have not changed any firmware, any settings or anything else on the modem. There is no noise in my normal copper telephone line. I am connected with Azizabad Exchange in Karachi.

Anyone else up for the same issue as well.

Thanks,

AlterEgo.

find these settings in your modem configuration

Authentication

Keep alive

and set these values

Authentication=PAP

Keep alive=99999 seconds

it might be a problem at exchange's end also.

Sometime you dont mess with anything but something goes wrong their.

its ptcl guyz... these problems are a norm... do wait till the upgrades are complete... you might find it all solved by the end of the upgrades... i used to get 100+ speed on public torrents... now it is 1/4th the speed due to some reason also that i have been upgraded... just waiting for it to solve