PTCL DSL Broadband FTP Sharing Server

does ptcl broadband has its own ftp sharing server ...? like worldcall....?.....

or can we use DC++ using Ptcl broadband?

or is there any other way we can share stuff with each other over ptcl broadband?...

plus has anyone tried the nitro evo 9mpbs from ptcl ?.....what upload/download speed du u get..

does anyone know ?!

I don't know about PTCL's FTP Server, but you can use DC++ for use. Plus you make your FTP Server at home like me :P

Your dynamic IP problem can also be solved by using No-IP.com

For Nitro check this Thread

http://wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=13939

Thanks

@ aciel...

i mean do we have users sharing stuff on dc++ here ?....have ppl shared movies and sttuff on ptcl dsl ? .....is there a way i can get access to it

farya's network awesome good speed on dc++

yar im talking abt ptcl's ftp network or ptcl users on dc++

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

@ aciel…

i mean do we have users sharing stuff on dc++ here ?..have ppl shared movies and sttuff on ptcl dsl ? …is there a way i can get access to it

[/quote]

oh you mean local dchub for ptcl’s users ?

oh you mean local dchub for ptcl’s users ?

[/quote]

yes thats exactly what he means ,

i wonder if that’s even possible :expressionless:

ptcl users can go ahead and try

download “STRONGDC” and connect to this " tu-sofia.mooo.com:416"

ptcl guys might need to do some heavy configuring , ports forwarding and all that …

yes thats exactly what he means ,

i wonder if that’s even possible :expressionless:

ptcl users can go ahead and try

download “STRONGDC” and connect to this " tu-sofia.mooo.com:416"

ptcl guys might need to do some heavy configuring , ports forwarding and all that …

[/quote]

can you guide us through that?

can you guide us through that?

[/quote]

Yeah that would be interesting and useful.

I also wonder why PTCL does not have FTP servers like WorldCall does.

what ip address should i giv to my friend so that he can access my shared folders?

or is strong dc++ the only to share stuff across ptcl broadbanD?

does a dc++ server exist on ptcl ? if yes then does it have any users and how can i gain access to it ? ...its address etc.

tu-sofia.mooo.com:416 is working ..but cant see any ptcl users there ? ?

my hub is online rite now

9maan.selfip.com:1209

we can manage our own server but main thing is bandwidth

we can't get more than our link speed

that's y this is flop idea for PTCL sharing

I also wonder why PTCL does not have FTP servers like WorldCall does.
[/quote]

Maybe they don’t want to host pirated software and movies. While most ISPs here are too small for the major software vendors like Microsoft to care, PTCL is a billion dollar company and maybe taken to court by the likes of Adobe or MS.

I think the real reason is that making a server is easy. Keeping it updated with the latest pirated content is hard. You have to hire someone to do that for you. It also means increased customer complaints if the server goes offline or content is not up to date (doesn’t matter how much PTCL denies help for VAS).

I think the real reason is that making a server is easy. Keeping it updated with the latest pirated content is hard. You have to hire someone to do that for you. It also means increased customer complaints if the server goes offline or content is not up to date (doesn’t matter how much PTCL denies help for VAS).
[/quote]

The solution is DC ++ HUB

If PTCL or any user (with 24 hours up-time server ) will make DC ++ HUB then there is no issue to PTCL for Pirated Content and there is no need to hire some one for updated content :stuck_out_tongue:

it’s very easy, cheap and tension free way for ISPs to making sharing server. just u have to make maximum up-time Dc ++ Hub and it’s bandwidth usage is just like 256Mbit user can also run this

How is dcpp going to help? It won't magically increase bandwidth. Users will still be limited by their Internet connection speed. In that case why would anyone bother to use dcpp when they can get the same speed via bittorrent which they are already familiar with.

in this matter it's bad luck for PTCL users that we can't get more then our bandwidth because we r on main network (WAN) not on local network (LAN)

but the benefit is this we can do just what we want because it's our own server

why we always depend on others ?? why don't we make our own things where we can do what we want and if it will grow up then other countries will start using our servers with our rules :-) and atleast

if none of above then we can represent our country ( i m not saying that it is the only way to represent our country there is many things but it is 1 of them :-)

we need to think Biggest :-)