PTCL DSL: At Last got my bill after 1 year :@:@ 15k Rs

now this is bullshit i today got bill of my PTCL dsl number , i got this fiber line in march 2008 and got dsl in aug 2008 but from first day till day i never ever got bill even my voice tone is dead too . but my DSL was working even its working right now too , but i am shocked to see 15000 rs amount , now this is bullshit .. how i have to pay this amount after 1 year they realized that some one using service for free :@:@

well i have no issue regarding paying the bill but on this billing attitude what should i do :@:@:@

any suggestion either they can waive of any amount i mean both parties are here on guilty or if i dont pay single penny then what ??

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

now this is bullshit i today got bill of my PTCL dsl number , i got this fiber line in march 2008 and got dsl in aug 2008 but from first day till day i never ever got bill even my voice tone is dead too . but my DSL was working even its working right now too , but i am shocked to see 15000 rs amount , now this is bullshit … how i have to pay this amount after 1 year they realized that some one using service for free :@:@

well i have no issue regarding paying the bill but on this billing attitude what should i do :@:@:@

any suggestion either they can waive of any amount i mean both parties are here on guilty or if i dont pay single penny then what ??

[/quote]

You will be served a court notice and recovery team will come to your home .

Better you pay your dues like a gentleman.

Ahsan

yeah u r right this billing attitude is very bad

but keep in mind this is their legal right to charge u on using their services ,no matter how late...

and if u dont pay definitely they will cut ur line , however i dont think they are going to call police in front of ur door.

You will be served a court notice and recovery team will come to your home .

Better you pay your dues like a gentleman.

Ahsan

[/quote]

lol ???

so i should act as a gentleman coz PTCL dont care about their customer :D lol@ court , well seriously i am not interested in this hassle otherwise if te case is concern this really gonna be a fun , after 1 yr is this bullshit ?? this shows how much PTCL billing application is capable of. i am not going to pay bill so easily i mean i will pay coz yes i am wrong too but why they not sent bill . i will surely read the terms and condition the for of DSL which i was provided :)

Yes they will not call the police but like Ahsan said "You will be served a court notice and recovery team will come to your home" and the court send the notice to related police station :)

yeah u r right this billing attitude is very bad

but keep in mind this is their legal right to charge u on using their services ,no matter how late…

and if u dont pay definitely they will cut ur line , however i dont think they are going to call police in front of ur door.

[/quote]

yes -ive site, i dont care if they cut my line :) but surely i dont want police or any bullshit . and my personal opinion PTCL is management is not that much of capable that for each consumer they are going in court or asking policy inquiry lol :) bla bla

Yes they will not call the police but like Ahsan said “You will be served a court notice and recovery team will come to your home” and the court send the notice to related police station :)
[/quote]

what will be in court notice lol :D that if i dont pay then … ??? i am really curious :)

1. They wont do anything, because they can't do anything in this regard

except

2. They will cut your phone line and you wont be able to get another phone line in the same house, untill you clear the dues.

and yeah you can get waive assuming you have 1200rs package then the cost for 9 months is 10800rs

so you would get waiver of ~4200rs

1. They wont do anything, because they can’t do anything in this regard

except

2. They will cut your phone line and you wont be able to get another phone line in the same house, untill you clear the dues.

[/quote]

now this is cool … lolz :D this option is under consideration :S

just dont pay the bill thats it

they will discontinue their servcies thts all they do...

They won't drag you to the court.They can't do it.They will cut your landline number and they won't entertain any new connection on the same address.Its like over two years I didn't pay the bill hehe and they didn't do anything yet :D

Ahsan you won't tell the PTCL people na?

They won’t drag you to the court.They can’t do it.They will cut your landline number and they won’t entertain any new connection on the same address.Its like over two years I didn’t pay the bill hehe and they didn’t do anything yet :D

Ahsan you won’t tell the PTCL people na?

[/quote]

As ahsan said i was shocked lol :D they will drag me to court , so i should pay it as a gentleman lol :S

No body can drag you to court.... Remember its your Country not the USA.. ... so you can enjoy the freedom, But on the other side its a bad act that you are not paying rightfull charges to the company ... but just ssssh your mind from that kind of thoughts and enjoy!!! :D

i thought ptcl had a better billing system then world call and linkdotnet.

i ll share my experience here. about three years back i had this world call cable connection and due to construction in the upper portion of the house all the cables wiring and stuff were disturbed so i didnt used the net for six months. got just one bill from world call that i didnt paid as i didnt went through the hassle of going to there office for disconnection. when the construction of the upper portion was done and cabling re done i just tested the modem by plugging it in and it was working.......i was thrilled and started using it and this went on for about a year and half and then suddenly they disconnected my net but didnt sent the bill. so what i did was applied for the new connection and got the new modem and new wiring done without any extra cost. till date no body has claimed the charges for 1 and a half year that i used for free. so this shows how pathetic is there billing

secondly now i have a friend who has this linkdotnet dsl and he says they send the bill after 4 to 5 months and that too for 1 month only so he is like using the net for free for 4 months and then paying for one month.

Last but not the least. Way back in dec07 I applied for wateen wimax. They gave me one month free and got the 12 post dated cheques from feb08 onwards. By mistake I gave them the cheques dated feb 2007 to dec 2007. since they were back dated cheques my bank refused to honor the first cheque. There sales dept didn’t contacted me for the date change and they themselves tried to correct the year in dates by changing 07 to 08. this time too my bank caught there forgery and rejected the cheques. This all went on for 6 months and I continued using there phone and net for 6 months. I was surprised because my online banking was not showing any cheques being presented by wateen and didn’t knew this stuff was going on. Suddenly after like 7 months of usage I got the call from wateen that my cheques r being refused by my bank and they want me to issue new cheques. I was little confused as my cheques have never been rejected before so I asked them to return my cheques but they didn’t did cause they were afraid that I ll know that they tried to change the dates themselves. I told them clearly that I m not going to issue new cheques until or unless they return my old cheques. Since I had this expensive out door device and the IP phone adapter they wanted the devices back. I told them u can disconnect the net but I ll return the device only when my cheques r returned. After lots of back and forth emails with wateen I finally got my cheques back and returned then the device but they didn’t asked me to pay for the 7 months as they knew that they have wrong stuff with my cheques. This is not all when they came to collect back the device they forgot to take away the IP phone adapter that is I guess costs more than rs 10k. they handed over the letter of disconnection to me which clearly said all dues cleared and device returned back to wateen.

so these billing issues r quite serious here in ISP's

@bob

well i am agree with you but if you go to any other ISPs for such disputes they are always flexible ether they can waiver you whole bill or some amount in such issues i mean they can give you several option coz they want their customer back , but as far PTCL is concern i think they even dont have any compensation method if you have faced any complaint which remained for a long period, or they even i think so can waive me some amount , as i said no doubt its my right too to pay the beill but on other hand its PTCL fault to why they not send bill on time or cut the service if i have not paid from last one year why they are so generous to us and suddenly they just slap a bill, with 15000 amount ..

EDIT: mean while i am going to PTCL office today will see what they can do in this regard

now this is bullshit i today got bill of my PTCL dsl number , i got this fiber line in march 2008 and got dsl in aug 2008 but from first day till day i never ever got bill even my voice tone is dead too . but my DSL was working even its working right now too , but i am shocked to see 15000 rs amount , now this is bullshit … how i have to pay this amount after 1 year they realized that some one using service for free :@:@

[/quote]

OHHHH man!!! i feel for ya…

The SAME THING happened to me, i applied for dsl in aug 07, but it wasn’t in my area then, so i cancelled it. Re applied in march 2008, used it for around 5-6 months but the DSL charge didn’t show up.

Then i got a call from PTCL and the guy said that they wouldn’t charge me for the unbilled months, he said, “think of it as a gift, but from today onwards you’ll be charged normally per month” :)!!!

i guess i got lucky.

OHHHH man!!! i feel for ya…

The SAME THING happened to me, i applied for dsl in aug 07, but it wasn’t in my area then, so i cancelled it. Re applied in march 2008, used it for around 5-6 months but the DSL charge didn’t show up.

Then i got a call from PTCL and the guy said that they wouldn’t charge me for the unbilled months, he said, “think of it as a gift, but from today onwards you’ll be charged normally per month” :)!!!

i guess i got lucky.

[/quote]

lolz … :S

just visited their one shop office in Barkat market they are just blank , " sir for this you have to go to egerton Rd." now in this hot day 42 degree temperature i am not going to their office they are much worried about customer or their payment they will contact me there self , i will now see what they will do if this time i dont pay :)

Ahsan works in PTCL he is worried about his own PAY

that if u wont PAY ptcl

PTCL wont have money to PAY him

so he is telling u to PAY...

Ahsan works in PTCL he is worried about his own PAY

that if u wont PAY ptcl

PTCL wont have money to PAY him

so he is telling u to PAY…

[/quote]

well now this is loyalty to his company :P i dont mind as he said is should pay as a gentleman.

but i should if PTCL say that we will drag you to court or will arrange police visit :P

no man u should not pay until PTCL do so... not just by saying...

have u ever heard that ptcl made anyone pay their bills by court order or police action and blah blah...

and Sir Ahsan if it is real then kindly point out some incidents when PTCL dragged some one in courts ??!!

this is all crap...

but i have heard that ptcl was made to pay by court order.. :P