PTCL DSL and Cross Cable

How to connect 2 desktop pcs using one dsl , both has lan card and cross cable but issue is cross cable because one pc is branded and another in unbranded so cross cable is not suitable for branded pc.

get a LAN switch!! it cost around Rs500....

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

get a LAN switch!! it cost around Rs500…
[/quote]

hmm 500 i already waste 150 that man ask more money i was not aware. my friend is saying u paidhim more.

hmm 500 i already waste 150 that man ask more money i was not aware. my friend is saying u paidhim more.

[/quote]

As Hashim said you need to get a good quality 4 port switch except BAYLAN and connect your modam with your switch

after that connect both the pc wid your switch… and ur done !

well you can connect DSL to one PC, then put another LAN card in it and then share it on the other PC. the downside is that for the other PC to work, you need to have the PC on with DSL

You need to keep the pc wid dsl remain on to use internet on other pc....

so using switch between your modam and pc is an ideal solution atleast you dont need to keep 2 pc remain on..

well you can connect DSL to one PC, then put another LAN card in it and then share it on the other PC. the downside is that for the other PC to work, you need to have the PC on with DSL
[/quote]

and then go to network connections and then click on bridge network connection…this method will also work but for that you have to make on pc server and that one pc should alwayz remain on otherwise you wouldnt b able to use net on other one…so its not recomended…get a good switch like D-Link…easily available in the market :)