PTCL DSL 2MB : Is download rate really doubled: Testing/roll-out

Hello

Like a lot of other folks, I am also experiencing unstable connection on 2MB PTCL DSL line at home. It disconnects frequently and sometimes refuses to browse the internet.

I have tried with Aztech DSL modem in Bridged Mode(connected via Linksys Router) and also with the old Huawei Modem in PPPoE mode.

I did not check the speed via speedtest.net , since I dont really believe it is an accurate measure of the sustained download speed. It just downloads a small file from any given server, which we dont really know might be replicated or hosted as a mirror at the local gateway network.

Anyways to my surprise , I have tried download from Hotfile/Rapidshare today with premium accounts, and following is the result I get. It is giving a sustained download rate of between 450K+ ~ 500K.

ptcldownloadrate.jpg

So is it really true that PTCL is going to double bandwidth rates for the existing packages. Seems like it. Maybe it is in the testing / roll out phase hence the connection stability is an issue these days. It disconnects really frequently.

I have a 2MB line and I am connected to

Azizabad Exchange

Karachi Central.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Regards.

how long does your internet connection last before it disconnects? mine frequently disconnects at 15-25 mins.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Hello

Like a lot of other folks, I am also experiencing unstable connection on 2MB PTCL DSL line at home. It disconnects frequently and sometimes refuses to browse the internet.

I have tried with Aztech DSL modem in Bridged Mode(connected via Linksys Router) and also with the old Huawei Modem in PPPoE mode.

I did not check the speed via speedtest.net , since I dont really believe it is an accurate measure of the sustained download speed. It just downloads a small file from any given server, which we dont really know might be replicated or hosted as a mirror at the local gateway network.

Anyways to my surprise , I have tried download from Hotfile/Rapidshare today with premium accounts, and following is the result I get. It is giving a sustained download rate of between 450K+ ~ 500K.

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/3268/ptcldownloadrate.jpg

So is it really true that PTCL is going to double bandwidth rates for the existing packages. Seems like it. Maybe it is in the testing / roll out phase hence the connection stability is an issue these days. It disconnects really frequently.

I have a 2MB line and I am connected to

Azizabad Exchange

Karachi Central.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Regards.

[/quote]

AlterEgo@ plz post screen Shot …

An unstable ISP with some unstable results.....Don't get ypur hopes high folks...it's PTCL after all..

hey mods please merge all such topics. there are about 6,7 of these

Please use existing thread. Closing.

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=13388