PTCL DNS Servers

Hello,

Which DNS Servers are the most fastest and reliable? I used to use

Preferred DNS Server: 203.99.163.240

Alternate DNS Server: 202.125.132.12

But now I switched to these DNS Servers

Which one of these are better?

i have selected auto dns setting andgetting maximum dl speed of 4mbps.

What about streaming?

i have never watch online anything, i download videos from youtube or other sites. via idm

Farrukh Bhai, How did you select Auto DNS settings?

OpenDNS - Nothing Else!

OpenDNS sucks bad for me.

I use Google DNS and its Fast

Better then openDNS !! and Dont Give Time Out and youtube HD video Stream AWESOME without buffering ;)

Use this DNS guys and feel the difference :P

Primary DNS Server: 8.8.4.4

i use these

1. 116.71.241.198

2. 203.99.163.240

I want to select Auto DNS like farukh. Instructions anyone?

I have noticed nothing in auto vs special like google dns etc.. go in network properties and ipv4 properties and select auto dns. and i m getting 4mbps.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I use Google DNS and its Fast

Better then openDNS !! and Dont Give Time Out and youtube HD video Stream AWESOME without buffering ;)

Use this DNS guys and feel the difference :P

Primary DNS Server: 8.8.4.4

[/quote]

Test for your self

http://wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=180630#p180630

@Farrukhalvi:

I tried Auto DNS Function. Net speed seems better but I can't open few sites with it :S

Bump.

@Farrukhalvi:

I tried Auto DNS Function. Net speed seems better but I can’t open few sites with it :S

[/quote]

please tell me which side is not being open???

guys , are you setting DNS in tcp/ip further settings or in modem i.e. 192.168.1.1->advanced -> DNS ?

And can you tell me that these both DNS should be same?

guys , are you setting DNS in tcp/ip further settings or in modem i.e. 192.168.1.1->advanced -> DNS ?

And can you tell me that these both DNS should be same?

[/quote]

set it in TCP/ip settings…

no both should be different, i’m using these…no problems so far

both DNS means --> Modem DNS and tcp/ip DNS

these 2 should match each other?

IN modem 192.168.1.1--> Advanced--> DNS servers --> Primary , Secondary (if you dont check automatically assign)

In TCP/IP you all now. i am talking about primary and secondary DNS servers..

So modem primary DNS server should match with TCP/IP primary dns server and respectively?

i have 203.99.163.240/ 202.125.132.9 in TCP/IP settings server.

Though i tried 202.125.148.204/202.125.132.12 /221.120.226.45 also

but whenever i call to ptcl.. they always ask me to change my DNS to 203.... and 202.125.132.9 for nothing.

^ If you set your DNS in your PC (through TCP/IP properties), and there is a different DNS in your modem, then the PC DNS takes precedence over all others. Meaning, your PC DNS is what will be applicable to your browsing.

To prove the point, you can leave the default auto-DNS (provided by ptcl) in your modem and change the DNS in your PC.

Then, check your LAN Connection Status. You should see the DNS that you wrote in your PC under 'Ipv4 DNS Servers'.

If you do not enter a custom DNS in your PC, then you should see the default auto-DNS (provided by ptcl) under the PC LAN Status (Ipv4 DNS Servers).

^ If you set your DNS in your PC (through TCP/IP properties), and there is a different DNS in your modem, then the PC DNS takes precedence over all others. Meaning, your PC DNS is what will be applicable to your browsing.

To prove the point, you can leave the default auto-DNS (provided by ptcl) in your modem and change the DNS in your PC.

Then, check your LAN Connection Status. You should see the DNS that you wrote in your PC under ‘Ipv4 DNS Servers’.

If you do not enter a custom DNS in your PC, then you should see the default auto-DNS (provided by ptcl) under the PC LAN Status (Ipv4 DNS Servers).

[/quote]

x2…n i thought you were tawking about primary and secondary servers being the same…well they can be different but the ones in ur tcp/ip settings would take precedence over ur modem one’s as nab said…