Ptcl disconnecting problem

before i kee getting my dsl disconnecting after every 30 mins and now its like 40 to 30 mins and some times goes off after few mins and i tun on my system log and there is user name and password authentication failed error here is the pic of log

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=669184466464421&l=fd227afc88 so any one could help me? id really be thank ful bcoz i cant play on ps3 bcoz of disconnecting dsl again n again :(

I keep getting little yellow triangle on my net bars saying no internet access....it keeps happening and it wont get fixed unti i restart the modem

or it get fixed by it's self sometimes...anyone know why that happen???

[quote=“Nameless, post:2, topic:21008”]

I keep getting little yellow triangle on my net bars saying no internet access....it keeps happening and it wont get fixed unti i restart the modem

or it get fixed by it's self sometimes...anyone know why that happen???

[/quote]

go to 192.168.1.1 and go to easy installation and then u will see user name and password just press apply and wait for 20 or 10 sec if it dnt connect u apply again still no luck then just restart ur devvice by going to management and reboot ur device

[quote=", post:3, topic:21008"]

go to 192.168.1.1 and go to easy installation and then u will see user name and password just press apply and wait for 20 or 10 sec if it dnt connect u apply again still no luck then just restart ur devvice by going to management and reboot ur device

[/quote]

where is the easy installation ?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

before i kee getting my dsl disconnecting after every 30 mins and now its like 40 to 30 mins and some times goes off after few mins and i tun on my system log and there is user name and password authentication failed error here is the pic of log
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=669184466464421&l=fd227afc88 so any one could help me? id really be thank ful bcoz i cant play on ps3 bcoz of disconnecting dsl again n again :(
[/quote]

You should call PTCL and tell them about the logs and in response you should get a new username and password which would help you to get rid of this disconnection issue.

same is happening with me since the they upgraded all 2 mbps user to 4mbps.

here is how my log look like...

Hello!

If you don't have sync issues and problems with your ppp session, then, you might try:

- In case of PPP retry 'errors' in the log ... call the helpline and tell them that you are facing authorization error ... tech support will likely issue a new password and would guide you to make the change in the modem ... usually takes 10 to 15 mins for system to recognize this change!

- However, there is also a 'flaw' with the network ... their end does not respond to LCP Echo Requests (used to keep session alive) in a timely manner ... likely due to over-congestion or poor implementation or even poor maintenance of the server that's supposed to respond ... hint is that the IP will change without re-sync periodically (after roughly the same time) ... one way to resolve it is to tweak the number of requests and to increase the waiting period of the response ... or one could disable it altogether ... unfortunately, most routers don't provide access to these settings!!! Another way to solve the issue is to put the modem in bridge mode and use another device like a wireless router to do the PPPoE (a PC/laptop/other computing device can also be used but you would have to keep it switched on) ... it's a violation of standard in that a device must respond to an echo request, but, you know how things go here!

Regards,

Ahmed

i was also facing same isue few days back and now got it fixed after so many days of hardwork althoug i didnt fixed it persomnally but i fired so many complaints at 1218 but all was in vain...

so here is my suggestion to get it fixed, might help u

1. check ur ptcl line if there is any noise, if yes than lodge complain regarding noise issue.

2. visit near ptcl exchange personally and ask them to get it fixed, i also got dsl technician mobile number and phoned him regualrly.

3. ask dsl technician to visit your home personally, i am sure he will say that there is no Dsl problem but it is line problem so it would be better to ask your nearer ptcl exchange officer to send both lineman and dsl technician so that problem may be sorted out.

4. Mine issue was pairing which can be sorted out by technician so he changed the pair and it worked fine.

5. If still peoblem persistes ask your dsl technician to change the modem which can be done for free.

6. PLEASE NOTE that your problem will not be solved if you rely on 1218.....my personal experience

Best of luck...

same problem here.

thanks guys