PTCL Dialup

Now a imposition of dialup rate for Rs.2 per 20 minute of dialup usage.

Please tell me is it good that a user with 1mb DSL is paying Rs.1200 and a dialup user will have to pay Rs.4320 if he uses 24hrs service.

I think PTCL's privatization should be made null and void and Wateen's license should be cancelled.

All other Arab gays in every sector plz leave our country. Let us live in the Stone Age. We don't want to become sick like you people are.

I know many people would say who uses dialup now? But their is majority of the people who can’t enjoy DSL because of poor cables of PTCL which will take years in change. SO where is PTA now?

I called PTA and asked them about the difference in 1200 and 4320 but they are truly champions in denying and then when I convinced them, their answer was pathetic.

Look as there are many other ISP's in the country and for a competition we have done this to charge Rs.2 for every 20 minutes usage on internet (means a local call after 20 minutes).

SHAME SHAM SHAME, PTA you were constituted to protect the consumer’s rites also but what the hell you people are doing.

Close this PTA which is running on the tax payer’s money.

PTA go to hell as you are not doing any thing for poor customers, all your punctualities and efforts are for such gay companies like PTCL and Wateen.

Well, ISPs like LDN were forced to charge their customers Rs. 2 for the 20 minutes pulse from the start because they had to pay the sum to PTCL. and now PTCL, instead of uniformaly eliminating the money involved in the FREE DIAL-UP service has gone ahead and started charging people who use their free dial-up as well! Which is rather pathetic if you note that the common man wishing to use the dial-up service will have to go through a lot of money to get the service. i think PTCL is doing a cowardly thing and PTA should direct it to level the playing field and help other ISPs impose better services for all no matter through DSL or dialup.

Hmm..

^^But I heard from the PTCL CSR that PTA has imposed this tariff on all ISP's.

PTA also needs to correct itself.

^ to me PTA is major and main culprit. thats it

Dialup does not work even sometime u can not connect to the internet and if luckily u get connected then soon u will get dc.

as far as dsl in concerned ptcl has introduced good pacakages. plus dialups r not designed for 24hr connectivity they r for causual browsing only......if u want browsing 24 hrs then wimax is better option. dont curse ptcl remember what nexlinx and others used to charge for dsl earlier......it was close to 6-7 thousand per month and that too for 128k.

its only ptcl that brought about the broadband revolution.......long live ptcl

^If their is no alternate then what should one do? I myself tried their so called VPhone but its worse then the dialup.

As far as you are saying wimax, please tell me whether wimax signals of either or we combine all wireless service provideers, how much area do they cover? So wimax and other wireless services are not too much spread where everyone could easily get their signals.

DSL is also not available in the majority of Pak land.

After so much worse conditions, still you are saying long live peeeeeeeeetcl.

Majority don't like the your mantra related to PTCL in which you are showing their best image.

The rate of dialup will have to be brought down.

^ VPhone service is the worst. My best friend got it installed and it wouldn't even allow her to visit sites like Facebook or Twitter because it was so damn slow. I agree with Imran - PTCL advertises 'Broadband Pakistan' but most of the country is without this facility. Even if wireless acess is available in underserved areas, it is so costly that the common man cannot afford it, especially not students who are bound by their pocket money!

With Student Packages from LDN and PTCL, one has to see that the people benefiting are in major cities and dial-up is still for the majority of people. So even if they are going to charge for the service, the least PTCL can do is keep their story straight and not act condescending as if they are the ONLY ones providing internet to the country...

...wow, I'm bitter today! :D

I think we are harvesting the fruits of true democracy with such rates of dialup. Atleast the dictator tried to reduce telecom tarrifs but now Mr. 10% is guiding them how to take oil out of Pakistani Nation, as previously they only knew how to take out oil which is under ground.

Now I am using BrainNet shikra scratch card for dialup usage in Jhelum. I think it is available in other cities also.

I think its much better than PTCL.

Rs.20 Card

8flat Hrs (Rs. 2.5/hr)

8 Nights Free also

But scratch cards are useles now .ptcl will charge u rs 2 every 20 minuts.and ptcl will share this mony with brain.no need of scratch cards now.

It costs me rs.8/hr (tax included) to use this shitty vfone. Would come to 5760/month if used all the time. When my siblings stayed with me, 2000/month was the norm and the bill even went higher than 3k at times. I hv no wimax, no landline, no evdo, only telenor edge in my area but i cant even make a call with the low telenor signals, so no edge in my area, given the chance, i would gladly get ptcl/ldn 1mbps or warid edge(gprs in my area).

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

But scratch cards are useles now .ptcl will charge u rs 2 every 20 minuts.and ptcl will share this mony with brain.no need of scratch cards now.
[/quote]

I dont think so that BrainNet is charging a local call for 20 min like PTCL on their scratch cards also.

When I visited their website it shows all the scratch cards with their appropriate packages and shikra is one of them. I think shikra is at the last of the page.

They also mentioned that if you want free dialup then use “brain” as login and password. It will cost you a local call after every 20 minutes.

For confirmation you may call 0800-222 88 or 111 222 888

http://brain.net.pk/scratchcards.php

http://brain.net.pk/dialup.php

Now a imposition of dialup rate for Rs.2 per 20 minute of dialup usage.

Please tell me is it good that a user with 1mb DSL is paying Rs.1200 and a dialup user will have to pay Rs.4320 if he uses 24hrs service.

I think PTCL’s privatization should be made null and void and Wateen’s license should be cancelled.

All other Arab gays in every sector plz leave our country. Let us live in the Stone Age. We don’t want to become sick like you people are.

I know many people would say who uses dialup now? But their is majority of the people who can’t enjoy DSL because of poor cables of PTCL which will take years in change. SO where is PTA now?

I called PTA and asked them about the difference in 1200 and 4320 but they are truly champions in denying and then when I convinced them, their answer was pathetic.

Look as there are many other ISP’s in the country and for a competition we have done this to charge Rs.2 for every 20 minutes usage on internet (means a local call after 20 minutes).

SHAME SHAM SHAME, PTA you were constituted to protect the consumer’s rites also but what the hell you people are doing.

Close this PTA which is running on the tax payer’s money.

PTA go to hell as you are not doing any thing for poor customers, all your punctualities and efforts are for such gay companies like PTCL and Wateen.

[/quote]

Dialup is expensive for the same reason that IDD calls are more expensive than VOIP. Its an older and more inefficient technology.

However maybe you are right. Maybe there are vested interests at work here. What I find strange is that PTCL, LDN or maxcom don’t offer unlimited DSL packages in the 600-800 price range. Its all well and good offering 1mbps for 1200 but how about offering 512kbps for 600? A lot of people just can’t afford 1200 per month and so they continue to use dial up.

If they introduce 600rs dsl, most 1mbps users wil switch to that

If they introduce 600rs dsl, most 1mbps users wil switch to that
[/quote]

Yep but it will also bring many new customers to these ISPs. It will widen the customer base, increase sales volumes and bring economies of scale that will lower their operating costs.

I dont think so that BrainNet is charging a local call for 20 min like PTCL on their scratch cards also.

When I visited their website it shows all the scratch cards with their appropriate packages and shikra is one of them. I think shikra is at the last of the page.

They also mentioned that if you want free dialup then use “brain” as login and password. It will cost you a local call after every 20 minutes.

For confirmation you may call 0800-222 88 or 111 222 888

http://brain.net.pk/scratchcards.php

http://brain.net.pk/dialup.php

[/quote]

Brain.net or any other ISP do not chare for the call. You connect using PTCL land line so PTCL sends you monthly bill for the calls. ISPs charge you for the bandwidth, PTCL charges you for connectivity.

PTA, PEMRA, OGRA etc etc are there just to facilitate the corporations in sucking money from consumers. Why they should care about people (awam) :frowning:

One thing to be noted is that:

Although many people can not afford to pay Rs.1200 for DSL every month but it is also a big reality that majority of the people can not enjoyDSL because the poor under ground copper cable does not support this DSL service either due to bad condition or a long distance.

My exchange tells me that DSL works on copper lines and also that my phone # is on copper and yes it works Okay except for occasional drop-outs.