Ptcl dial-up?

I am continuously being connected at 21kps(maximum) on dial-up for the past week!!!!why is this so??

I used to get connected at 39kps but then our phone got out of order for 2 days and after that my net speed is very very low...what is the problem??my friend is also facing the same..is this the problem with me only or any other facing the same????

i am really getting very irritated!!!!

Try another ISP.

If the same issue prevails, tell PTCL.

is it a shared phone line? if so try using it on another phone line than you using now. if you still get low speeds try using it in a friends/neighbours phone line.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

is this the problem with me only or any other facing the same???
[/quote]

I just checked connecting with ptcl dial up and it connected at 45.2 Kbps.

Its a problem with your phone line or phone cabinet.

is it a shared phone line? if so try using it on another phone line than you using now. if you still get low speeds try using it in a friends/neighbours phone line.
[/quote]

no its not a shared phone-line…what could be the issue and how should I rectify it???some friends are getting connected at 45kps too…

I also think that there is a problem with the phone line…!!!

I am continuously being connected at 21kps(maximum) on dial-up for the past week!!!why is this so??

I used to get connected at 39kps but then our phone got out of order for 2 days and after that my net speed is very very low…what is the problem??my friend is also facing the same…is this the problem with me only or any other facing the same???

i am really getting very irritated!!!

[/quote]

Hi Friend,

if you r facing problem with PTCL (normally 90% internet user’s are facing the same with PTCL) then try WOL “SMS4NET” Dialup service by LinkdotNET.

you just need to SMS from your mobile(Mobilink & Warid both through prepaif and post) to 965 and get internet hr’s instantly.if you want more detail then visit

www.link.net.pk .Defenately u will get better dialup speed .

^ ok thats it stop advertising LDN in every post of urs

DJNOMI works for them and even he doesnt do this much so stop it!!!

^ ok thats it stop advertising LDN in every post of urs

DJNOMI works for them and even he doesnt do this much so stop it!!!

[/quote]

Hey i am not advertising for LDN and not giving my crtitisisim for PTCL.

i am sharing my experiance and also want o introduce SMS4NET to other user’s as well.

i think u r PTCL advertiser thats why u feel alot?? am i right??

for getting good speed on dial-up should follow these steps, you can sort them

1. check your Phone line cable it should not damaged or attached

2. check your modem it working properly and all drivers installed correctly

3. check your phone line not have any kind of noise?

4. install new fresh xp and then try

5. Call PTCL's lineman for maintenance of Tower Box i think it calls DP box?

6. don't use PTCL dial-up internet/ISP try some other ISPs cards

7. check if connects at 49.0Kbps, 48.0Kbps, 45.0kbps, 43.0kbps then your line is fine and speed must be good

well i am a lucky i use internet on two laptops one with cable net and other with dial up in emergency i am using it every day for 2 week about 4 to 5 hours each day and never get disconnected a single time i am really surprised and the speed is also awesome

by the way i am using ptcl dial up without scratch card you know that ptcl offer their own username and pass one i think its good u should try that one

I saw ystrday ad by ptcl in khabrain newspaper stating dial up internet z now free 4all ptcl landline users 24/7 but no updates yet on ptcl website.Also was writen dat value package z changd2 basic package.Wat news u guys have about it?

well i am a lucky i use internet on two laptops one with cable net and other with dial up in emergency i am using it every day for 2 week about 4 to 5 hours each day and never get disconnected a single time i am really surprised and the speed is also awesome

by the way i am using ptcl dial up without scratch card you know that ptcl offer their own username and pass one i think its good u should try that one

[/quote]

Hi ,

i think you r promoting PTCL dialup Only , because i never get connected easily with PTCL dialup , if username and password is same then it’s not a big deal to show quality services which PTCL never had,thats why i tried LinkdotNet SMS4NET Dialup service w3hich you can easily connect from anywhere and any time in Pakistan with maximum good speed and quality of service.

so please stop promotion of PTCL.

I saw ystrday ad by ptcl in khabrain newspaper stating dial up internet z now free 4all ptcl landline users 24/7 but no updates yet on ptcl website.Also was writen dat value package z changd2 basic package.Wat news u guys have about it?
[/quote]

come on guys & tell if u read or heard somwhere about ptcl providing free dial up,i read in khabrain newspaper 1 day b4 eid but after that no information given even on ptcl website.

I think the ideal solution would be to get the phone line checked and try a different (or several different) ISP's dial-up connections. Get a few scratch cards or internet hours over the SMS (if you have Mobilink) and use them alternatively to check the connection speed. Most likely the fault is in either of these two departments. Good luck! :)