Ptcl defaulter

Salam guys, my cousin has ended up being defaulter in ptcl list, so i want to know what IF he doesnt pay at all? that dsl line is not registered on his name, it was his uncle who still lives in his house..he contacted with the lineman and he got him some discount from the bill but still he has to pay 15k.
so i wanted to know what if he doesnt pay at all or pays some amount and stops?
give some good suggestions..
thanks

Not paying the bill could get ugly in the future if not now for you and specially your uncle as bill would keep piling up by turning 20k, 30k and so on and finally reaching to an amount which PTCL will consider really fighting for so they will come at you by any means necessary. So its not advised.

But if your intentions are to pay the bill but you don't have money now or have have very less then contact PTCL's recovery department which I think is in sadder (RWP) and in I-9 markaz (karachi company Islamabad) if you're in rwp/isb region. if not then you can have their exact location/number by calling 1218 for your locality . they will accommodate you much better by making installments as per you can pay. Do not contact any recovery officers (as you must have been advised to do so in the warning letter along with your bill probably) as they only have the authority of dividing your bill to 2 or 3 installment at max.

Rest is up to you :)

hmm thats great,,

i m also a ptcl defaulter .. bill is close to 5280 rs,, but now i m in very har situations,, cant afford,, and my net is disconnected,, i live in I-9.. my exchange is i-9,, what would they be able o do for me?

You would have ask em that. I am sure they'll be able to work something out besides, 5280 rs is not a big amount even if you don't have it right now.

I don't think the amount keeps on increasing. They'd first disable your outgoing calls, and then disconnect/disable your number. DSL won't work either. Amount due will be the total till the time your connection got disconnected.

Contact your lineman or exchange staff and see if you can have it waived off. They do it if it's not too much.

thanx guys, i went to ptcl recovery office today and strange thing happen, last month i paid 5000rs as first installment on behalf of my cousin in UBL branch, remaining balance was 10k, so i went there and asked them to give me another 5k reciept, when they gave me the letter i asked them where to pay it they said only in MCB, i said why not in one stop shop? he said this " asal me hota yeh hai ke jo admi ap ke pas ata hai recovery ke lie wo ap ko convince kerta hai payment ke lie or ager ap one stop shop me jamma kerwate hian to wo osi admi ke khate me jata hai " i was like WHAT??

then i came back i kept thinking what that man has said, i went to one stop shop and ask them to sumbit this amount, when that man in office checked my number status he said u havnt paid a single pessa yet, i told him i have paid 5k last monthy i have the bank receipt, he showed me on his monitor and it was showing full amount of 15,000rs, there was no sign on 5k sumbitted last month, i was totally shocked to see this, then that man told me not to pay furthur, first check where did 5k go and then pay the remaining amount.

now on one side recovery people told me that wo pessa osi admi ke khate me jata hai, and then i saw there was no 5k deducted from my bill...

what should i do now??

[quote=“ehti, post:5, topic:16984”]

I don’t think the amount keeps on increasing. They’d first disable your outgoing calls, and then disconnect/disable your number. DSL won’t work either. Amount due will be the total till the time your connection got disconnected.

Contact your lineman or exchange staff and see if you can have it waived off. They do it if it’s not too much.

[/quote]

Your forgetting the surcharge … :)

[quote=“lover363, post:6, topic:16984”]

thanx guys, i went to ptcl recovery office today and strange thing happen, last month i paid 5000rs as first installment on behalf of my cousin in UBL branch, remaining balance was 10k, so i went there and asked them to give me another 5k reciept, when they gave me the letter i asked them where to pay it they said only in MCB, i said why not in one stop shop? he said this " asal me hota yeh hai ke jo admi ap ke pas ata hai recovery ke lie wo ap ko convince kerta hai payment ke lie or ager ap one stop shop me jamma kerwate hian to wo osi admi ke khate me jata hai " i was like WHAT??

then i came back i kept thinking what that man has said, i went to one stop shop and ask them to sumbit this amount, when that man in office checked my number status he said u havnt paid a single pessa yet, i told him i have paid 5k last monthy i have the bank receipt, he showed me on his monitor and it was showing full amount of 15,000rs, there was no sign on 5k sumbitted last month, i was totally shocked to see this, then that man told me not to pay furthur, first check where did 5k go and then pay the remaining amount.

now on one side recovery people told me that wo pessa osi admi ke khate me jata hai, and then i saw there was no 5k deducted from my bill…

what should i do now??

[/quote]

Do you have the receipt of the amount paid to PTCL? and does the receipt reflect as such also? if so, then go to one stop shop and tell them its not your problem cause you have the proof. ask them to fix whatever the f*ck is going on at PTCL’s end other wise you can mail the copy of receipt to PTA to further sort things out.

Can you post an image of the receipt here if if not much of a problem?

Plz wat ever you do...If you've become defaulter at an early stage like <5k...then pay it in easy installments...If you go and talk directly to the revenue officer he can make a break up plan of even 5months...This thing keeps on pilling up...Had a friend who had an experience of getting surcharge etc upto 60K...eventually he had to pay...so better is to pay...

[quote=“Mazahyr, post:9, topic:16984”]

Plz wat ever you do…If you’ve become defaulter at an early stage like <5k…then pay it in easy installments…If you go and talk directly to the revenue officer he can make a break up plan of even 5months…This thing keeps on pilling up…Had a friend who had an experience of getting surcharge etc upto 60K…eventually he had to pay…so better is to pay…

[/quote]

thanks//

i m a bit confused…

do u mean if i go by making say 5 installments i will get surchage ?

and what is this surcharge thingy…

i will be hard crashed on money for 2 months,at least its difficult to pay now… but if its divided to 2k each month max i will accomodate…

[quote=“jhagra, post:10, topic:16984”]

thanks//

i m a bit confused…

do u mean if i go by making say 5 installments i will get surchage ?

and what is this surcharge thingy…

i will be hard crashed on money for 2 months,at least its difficult to pay now… but if its divided to 2k each month max i will accomodate…

[/quote]

there is no surcharge on installments. you are being surcharged on your current bill on monthly basis for not paying your bill on time…just go and talk to the officer and he’ll make arrangements for you.

I stopped paying my DSL/line bill (4mb dsl) about five months ago (the broadband never worked and my complaints were useless). A couple of days ago I received a text saying I had an outstanding bill of Rs. 3630, so I don't think it keeps piling up, it's the outstanding amount at the time of disconnection.

Yup^,

[quote=“rizla, post:12, topic:16984”]

I stopped paying my DSL/line bill (4mb dsl) about five months ago (the broadband never worked and my complaints were useless). A couple of days ago I received a text saying I had an outstanding bill of Rs. 3630, so I don’t think it keeps piling up, it’s the outstanding amount at the time of disconnection.

[/quote]

samaj nahi ayi first and last lines make contradictory …

do u mean u left paying 5 months ago and u had no outstanding dues , and few days ago u got mmesage that u have 3630 rs due?

or u had used net and not paid past bills and ur net was disconnected and even after 5 months u are to pay the amount that was due that time,in other words the last months are not billed ?

thanks for sharing