PTCL declares 2008-09 ‘Customer Care Year’

KARACHI: PTCL has declared year 2008-09 as ‘Customer Care Year’, stated SEVP Commercial Dr Sadik Al-Jadir. He was addressing a Road Show arranged for PTCL officers and staff to highlight the importance of the theme. He urged the PTCL staff to adopt a customer friendly attitude and be more courteous with customers to make “feel the difference” a reality. In this regard he explained the measures and salient features of the year long project, stated a press release issued by PTCL.

He said PTCL has recently introduced services like Broadband & IPTV (Smart TV) and other value added services to maintain its leading role in the telecom sector of Pakistan. PTCL is endeavoring to improve network and infrastructure to ensure best quality services.

He further asked the PTCL staff to put all their efforts and use their capabilities to enhance telecom facilities with high quality. He assured staff that the management has planned an extensive training plan to elevate the level of skills, bringing field staff to the level of excellence, so that they are capable of importing new technologies and services.

EVP Customer Care Ahson Rabbani elaborated on the various processes, policies, procedures, solutions, network, improvement and team building and change of attitude to achieve the customer friendly atmosphere and cope up with the challenges of emerging telecom competition.

Source:

http://www.thenews.com.pk/print1.asp?id=120923

one thing in my opinion if in any case PTCL really just focus on their customer care system , i can assure you PTCL going to kick every one out of market :)

because they already have all bandwidth , exchanges mean all equipment and finance they lacking only in CS so if they improve it they will really going to be a good sign for PTCL.

lets see what happens :)

I am admired by their 'pathetic' customer care. They give me reasons to 'celebrate' every month!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

one thing in my opinion if in any case PTCL really just focus on their customer care system , i can assure you PTCL going to kick every one out of market :)

because they already have all bandwidth , exchanges mean all equipment and finance they lacking only in CS so if they improve it they will really going to be a good sign for PTCL.

lets see what happens :)

[/quote]

They have already kicked competition out of the market by increasing line lease rents from 450-700%.

Sure... customer care is an alien concept to PTCL. One of the places where I had PTCL DSL (ONU) has very crappy service with disconnections for days on end. No remedies have worked and PTCL staff keeps giving excuses. That line is now being replaced with Nayatel.

It seems that the older PTCL staff who were fired, keep sabotaging PTCL's network by cutting wires and cables but at the end of it, it is the customer who suffers. Unless PTCL solves its issues with its old employees there will be no significant change.

Customer Support? really?

Would you believe me if i said that i have been complaining for this stupid Unsyncing problem for over 5 months now with no response from PTCL? I even changed my whole internal wiring and still there's this unsyncing problem and complaining to PTCL doesnt help. I have complained THOUSANDS of times but everytime they just say its going to be fixed within 24 hours.

F*CK PTCL CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

As per the news article, they've got a plan to make Customer Support/Care better... I wonder though, what was last year for them? DSL year? lol

I am not sure what to say here BUT one thing i gotta admit though (atelast in my case).... they are responding (regardless of if the problem gets solved or not :| )

I am having problem with my DSL connection from past 2 or 3 weeks which is my dsl stops working at night after 2am which goes on till 6 am...

I have complained about it thrice, problem is still not solved due to some unknown reasons BUT man.....I have received up to 7 calls a day (every day) during the course of my 3 complaints from ptcl staff including the lineman, senior ptcl engineer and technical support staff.

My problem is still not solved BUT i think its all due to the lack of technical knowledge/expertise of ptcl staff, surely they need to train or hire more efficient staff who know what they have to do because frankly when i complained on the 18 helpline the 3rd time and asked them to make no more calls to me and i want to see the lineman or the tech staff at my doorstep tomorrow, believe me the line man was at my doorstep the next day !.... except of course he didn't know a #$%# about dsl... hell he didn't know the proper name of the blue box ( which we call modem :) )

SO yea i agree they are getting customer friendly but still lacking in problem solving or reasoning.

Yes, that's the main problem.PTCL does not hire technical stuff they just hire a lot of people who are good in telecom field but not in Internet Field.Believe me i had a problem with my connection and it was solved within a day.So yes the support is good but they should hire more internet field workers.

hear hear..

except of course he didn’t know a #$%# about dsl… hell he didn’t know the proper name of the blue box ( which we call modem :) )

SO yea i agree they are getting customer friendly but still lacking in problem solving or reasoning.

[/quote]

Haha, reminds me of this friendly lineman that came to change the main wire few weeks ago. I asked him about DSL and he said yeah, it should come soon. I have seen dsl sets in exchange, they are just like cell phone :D.

Yes, that’s the main problem.PTCL does not hire technical stuff they just hire a lot of people who are good in telecom field but not in Internet Field.Believe me i had a problem with my connection and it was solved within a day.So yes the support is good but they should hire more internet field workers.
[/quote]

I guess you are the only satisfied PTCL customer here.

Come on guys! Let’s stone him! :lol:

Sorry my bad. I should have enclosed it in tags for 100% geeks to get it. :P

[/quote]

i knew it was a joke i was just bein sarcastic now shud i also put the in the tag? :P

hear hear…
[/quote]

I think you mean “here here…” ;)

PTCL's problem is that they have 5 guys to do 1 man's job.. and sadly out of these 5, 4 dont want to try hard cuz at the end of the day they will get their paycheques and theres nothin ptcl can do abt it cuz of the unions.. and abt the 5th guy :P... u;ll find this guy every once in a while like Faisal.Quershi did..:).. I once called CC to get my port back up cuz it was taken offline.. the guy said theres nothing he can do abt it.. cuz the staff at f8 exchange is lazy as shyt..not only did he say that .. he gave me the names of all the guys at f8 exchange who were responsible and were not paying attention to my call.. in the end he gave me the no EVP PTCL and asked me to complain abt them in person.. I hope u guys get to find ur 5th guy :P