PTCL decision to cut duration of phone call flayed

KARACHI (May 01 2008): The Telecommunication Sub-committee of Karachi Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KCCI) has flayed the decision of Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) to reduce the duration of a minimum unit call from five minutes to two minutes.

The committee demanded that local calls must be made free. Chairman of the sub committee Khurram Shahzad, presiding over the first meeting of the sub committee held on Wednesday, said that with the reduction of duration of call time, the cost of doing business increased by 2.5 percent.

He said that there were around 1.1 million PTCL subscribers in the city, out of them more then 24,000 phones were out of order. He demanded of the PTCL to take KCCI and other trade bodies into confidence before introducing any new package for its customers. Expressing concern over removing 35,000 employees under the VSS, and said that this had adversely affected working of the PTCL.

http://www.brecorder.com/index.php?id=731279&currPageNo=1&query=&search=&term=&supDate=

*Great*

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

The committee demanded that local calls must be made free.

http://www.brecorder.com/index.php?id=731279&currPageNo=1&query=&search=&term=&supDate=

[/quote]

I hope they listen to this suggestion! :D

PTCL already reduced time duration of local calls some time age. Please see their new pakages.

http://www.ptcl.com.pk/contentp.php?NID=155

PTCL already reduced time duration of local calls some time age. Please see their new pakages.

http://www.ptcl.com.pk/contentp.php?NID=155

[/quote]

ya so? read the first post again

I hope they listen to this suggestion! :D

[/quote]

that’s a pretty valid suggestion coz these days call charges are going so low (mobile) that ptcl needs to come up with such offers

wt happened to tht consumer rights organization who filled complain against ptcl ?

PTCL is making some strange business decisions. In this age of technology, where data transfer is getting easier, faster and cheaper, PTCL decides to decrease the customers ability to use their facilities. If anything they should make calls cheaper and duration longer in the face of tough competition from mobile competitors.

As for free local calls, I'm surprised PTCL hasn't already launched such a package. Free local calls are an expected norm in Western countries. In fact, considering the relatively small size of Pakistan, PTCL should even consider unlimited nationwide calling at a flat monthly rent. And hopefully they'll give consumers an option to switch to it instead of sneakily switching everybody automatically! :)

Ptcl is going down the Drain

we need some competitor for ptcl

Seems PTCL new owners ( not new now ) want to make quick money so they can get back thier investment in PTCL very soon. What they did to customers some time back. They started charges Rs. 199/- without consent of the customer for providing so called NWD free minutes. If any one little knowledge of that new service immediatly asked for stop that service else what they gain.

PTCL new owners want some quick money to get back thier investment and this is my opinion.

Seems PTCL new owners ( not new now ) want to make quick money so they can get back thier investment in PTCL very soon. What they did to customers some time back. They started charges Rs. 199/- without consent of the customer for providing so called NWD free minutes. If any one little knowledge of that new service immediatly asked for stop that service else what they gain.

PTCL new owners want some quick money to get back thier investment and this is my opinion.

[/quote]

they still charge it on one of my phonelines when we don’t even make local calls from that line

they still charge it on one of my phonelines when we don’t even make local calls from that line

[/quote]

You have to call 1236 to deavtivate that pakistan package facility

You have to call 1236 to deavtivate that pakistan package facility

[/quote]

well i have some problem in my line it doesn’t gives any dial tone so cant call 1236 will deal with it soon

[/quote]

The owners are the same group who one Bank Alfalah and Warid. Bank Alfalah did the same and start charging sms facility of Rs. 25/- per month wihout consent of the customers and even they first refused my request to stop providing me this facility and after warn them that I am going to complain SBP, they refunded me those Rs. 25/- which they are forcing customemers to get sms service on customer’s cost. Why should I pay them when I am not using thier credit card.

Warid did the same and they started to charged on postpaid connection Rs. 50/- for itemised billing even they started to charged one my number which was blocked.

So, you can imagine what there trick to earn more which is cost of Pakistanis whether we need that service or not

no its not the same company ptcl and ufone are owned by etisalat and warid is owned by someone else

no its not the same company ptcl and ufone are owned by etisalat and warid is owned by someone else
[/quote]

I said same group from abu-dhabi. I met some bank alfalah officers who were actually on duty of marketing warid sims. They might not same company but same group.

[/quote]

I said same group from abu-dhabi. I met some bank alfalah officers who were actually on duty of marketing warid sims. They might not same company but same group from abu dhabi. Even wateen is own by same group who is not providing good service atleast to some or more areas.

etisalat owner of Dubai telcom industry and they have monopoly there. My brother in dubai and he told me that he would charged approx Pak Rs. 40/- per minute if he calls to Pakistan and if we call from Pakistan to Dubai than we have to pay Rs. 10/- to 15/-.

That group has monopoly in thier own emirates too so what we expect here.

Consumer Association moves SHC against PTCL

KARACHI (May 16 2008): The Consumer Association of Pakistan moved the Sindh High Court (SHC) against local call pulse (duration of local call) from five minutes to two during peak hours of 8 am till 9 pm and four minutes from 9 pm to 8 am from April 01 and also Pakistan Package upon its millions of customers.

The petitioner Kaukab Iqbal moving the SHC through his counsel Javaid Ahmed Chattari advocate maintained that slashing of call duration was against assurances given by the government at the time of privatisation of PTCL and instead it was canvassed by the government that private sector service provider would provide far better services at cheaper rates.

The petitioner drawing a comparison maintains that local call rate charged by PTCL at present is highest world over and thus consumers are badly affected. The unilateral decision would result in 100 percent increase in telephone bills of the PTCL subscribers and that by imposing Pakistan Package, respondent would earn millions in short time.

It was maintained that no seller can impose its decision upon consumers and it could not be imposed without getting consent of the consumers. The petitioner prayed to the court to declare the act of the PTCL as illegal, direct PTCL not to impose Pakistan Package on its customers and change it into offer. The petition is likely to be heard by a division bench of SHC on April 28.

Source

i feel so happy seeing these kind of news

So what's the decision? That's what matters!

So what’s the decision? That’s what matters!
[/quote]

well the decision will come out in few days! at least the have taken ptcl to court

There are some hidden charges,spare some time and calculate the bill amount (sales tax blah blah) you will get to know they put on few bucks more than the desired amount which the calculation shows,so think if they charge you 7-8 bucks,how much they are going to generate from 1 billion people.