PTCL - CharJi Evo - Project Eagle (36 Mbps Wireless Broadband)

Salam all

PTCL is launching New Generation Mobile Wireless Broadband. New devices would be available with logo CharJi / 4G and Eagle.

Theoretical speeds

Downlink : 36 Mbps (Maximum)

Uplink : 7 Mbps (Maximum)

New service will be Launched in few days.

USB Dongles (Devices) , USB WIFI Devices and Clouds would be mainstream products of the said project.

Tested today at Download going over 25 Mbps/Sec (2.6 MB/Sec).

Packages starting from 3000/Month

FUP starting from 30 GB to 300 GB

What do you mean by mobile wireless broadband? Do they have mobile network too?apart from ufone

[quote=“koder, post:2, topic:21063”]

What do you mean by mobile wireless broadband? Do they have mobile network too?apart from ufone

[/quote]

Mobile and wireless is same thing. Mobile is something that can be carried away anywhere.

do you mean PTCL is going to launch its own mobile GSM service with Data only sim cards?

Ahh VPTCL i guess eh

[quote=", post:4, topic:21063"]

do you mean PTCL is going to launch its own mobile GSM service with Data only sim cards?

[/quote]

Its not the case.

True 3G works best on CDMA as well with CDMA 3G Data Sim. New devices will be available with/without data sims. Data sims would also be introduced for current subscribers of Evo/Nitro/Wingle users as it also has 3G sim card slot. But speeds would not go beyond 14 Mbps on such services.

Project Eagle would be delivering best speeds upto 36 Mbps

[quote="koder, post:5, topic:21063"]

Ahh VPTCL i guess eh

[/quote]

What about that char JI project? They were coming up with that

[quote=“koder, post:7, topic:21063”]

What about that char JI project? They were coming up with that

[/quote]

charJi is the logo for this project eagle. :)

Average speed that PTCL claims = 12 to 20 Mbps

Thats great .. when should we expect its launch date :-D

[quote=“koder, post:10, topic:21063”]

Thats great .. when should we expect its launch date :-D

[/quote]

Bhai I am not working in PTCL marketing/administrative dept. But in few days to challenge Mobile networks 3G with its massive download speed and quite good Fair Usage Policy , i.e. 50 GB to 300 GB packages.

Its time to reduce the dsl packages prices too or else everyone will get this eagle char JI eh

[quote=“koder, post:12, topic:21063”]

Its time to reduce the dsl packages prices too or else everyone will get this eagle char JI eh

[/quote]

I have no dsl now. 2000+ tax for 4 Mbps only is not what one can afford.

Using Wingle with 500/month, Nitro with 500/month and Evo Cloud with 1000/month packages.

Am having 4Mbps for 2100rs and iptv for 449 , the recent tax on it was around 600rs which is not fair at all.. there shouldnt be the tax on dsl nd smarttv.

Data sims would also be introduced for current subscribers of Evo/Nitro/Wingle users as it also has 3G sim card slot.

1- What will happen to those people who do not have their EVO devices registered on their name, will they be able to get these data sims for their devices?

2- Is this has something to do to fix location of EVO device to one mobile tower to curtail EVO mobility feature, as it is rumoured to be requested by cell phone companies after lauch of their 3G services in pakistan?

But speeds would not go beyond 14 Mbps on such services.

3- Currently EVO Wingle/Nitro top speed is 9.3 Mbps but they connect at 14.7 Mbps in Windows, do you mean there will be an speed upgrade of 14.7 Mbps in pipeline for Wingle/Nitro users?

[quote=“RAK, post:15, topic:21063”]

Data sims would also be introduced for current subscribers of Evo/Nitro/Wingle users as it also has 3G sim card slot.

1- What will happen to those people who do not have their EVO devices registered on their name, will they be able to get these data sims for their devices?

2- Is this has something to do to fix location of EVO device to one mobile tower to curtail EVO mobility feature, as it is rumoured to be requested by cell phone companies after lauch of their 3G services in pakistan?

But speeds would not go beyond 14 Mbps on such services.

3- Currently EVO Wingle/Nitro top speed is 9.3 Mbps but they connect at 14.7 Mbps in Windows, do you mean there will be an speed upgrade of 14.7 Mbps in pipeline for Wingle/Nitro users?

[/quote]

Data sims registered to actual person's name. I would ask someone to register ur device on ur name.

No Fix Location

14.7 Mbps on Data Sims only and no device pipeline upgradation. First new devices will be introduced not data sims.

Data sims registered to actual person's name. I would ask someone to register ur device on ur name.

Thanks, let me know if its possible and i will give you my MDN.

14.7 Mbps on Data Sims only and no device pipeline upgradation. First new devices will be introduced not data sims.

Do you mean only old devices with data sims get 14.7 Mbps speed OR only new devices will get 14.7 Mbps speed, please clarify.

[quote=“RAK, post:17, topic:21063”]

Thanks, let me know if its possible and i will give you my MDN.

Do you mean only old devices with data sims get 14.7 Mbps speed OR only new devices will get 14.7 Mbps speed, please clarify.

[/quote]

old

new devices would be only these actual 3G/4G

Okay so these new devices will work on GSM/4G tech unlike old devices which works on EVDO/CDMA tech.

Please No FUP :(