PTCL charging local call every 15 seconds on dialup internet

Through some sources i have come to know that PTCL is charging a local call every 15 minutes & they have applied it unannounced. I have also observed a shoot in local calls in my last month's bill. So plz if my observation is wrong prove me wrong and if otherwise it would be more then helpful to those people who can't afford that much charges.

I searched the forums but couldn't find the topic on this subject.

Thanks.

F PTCL.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Through some sources i have come to know that PTCL is charging a local call every 15 minutes & they have applied it unannounced. I have also observed a shoot in local calls in my last month’s bill. So plz if my observation is wrong prove me wrong and if otherwise it would be more then helpful to those people who can’t afford that much charges.

I searched the forums but couldn’t find the topic on this subject.

Thanks.

F PTCL.

[/quote]

there were few threads about this matter before the forum got hacked

ptcl was thinking to implement this but pta didnt allowed them to do so

and about your local calls that might be because ptcl has changed the tariff and decreased the duration of the calls like first you could call for 5 minutes for 2 rupees now the duration has been reduced to 2 minutes

Yup; I read it in an editorial page of a newspapers. That's true. UIN billing pulse of 15 minutes.

It might be true. I have also observed the increase in my phone bill. That phone line is mostly used for Dial up.

But PTCL atleast should have announced it. I think ISPs don't know this either. pakistans 90 percent users are on dialup and it will be a big blow to isps loosing so many of their customers. PTCL just using these cheap ways to promote their dsl. PTCL's monoply is still here. They can do anything.

i hate this word "monopoly"

I have switched to WorldCall =)

Through some sources i have come to know that PTCL is charging a local call every 15 minutes & they have applied it unannounced. I have also observed a shoot in local calls in my last month’s bill. So plz if my observation is wrong prove me wrong and if otherwise it would be more then helpful to those people who can’t afford that much charges.

I searched the forums but couldn’t find the topic on this subject.

Thanks.

F PTCL.

[/quote]

btw any one of you can confirm it by any authentic source ?

btw any one of you can confirm it by any authentic source ?

[/quote]

its auhenticated now. This thing was discussed in bolta pakistan on aaj tv nd irshad ahmed haqani has also pointed out in his article

What? These goddamn idiots!

So what does it mean for my 16 hours on connection? Yes, that's right, it's 4800 goddamn rupees per month! :(

Specter, I'd recommend you to use Warid GPRS instead.

Specter, I’d recommend you to use Warid GPRS instead.
[/quote]

Is it any good? I’ve already tried ufone GPRS, and it plain sucks.

I hope to god Wateen launches their services here soon (they are planning to). They are exorbitantly priced but it’s still better than crappy dialup with ridiculous call charges.

Yeah, when i was using dialup i switched to Warid GPRS and it was much better then Dialup.

Dialup: expensive.

GPRS: bloody expensive.

DSL: not available.

And the country is trying to increase the telephony/internet penetration rates.

THIS is the life!

GPRS: bloody expensive.
[/quote]

not with unlimited packages

so its confirmed

total shitness

Mobile charges decreasing and landline increasing, so, one day mobile and land line charge same rate and that will seems soon. Which will result in no cost of cabling/wiring at the end of PTCL, hence, less staff, less expenditures regarding cabling/ wiring and salaries and high profit. It may be wrong theory but future seems like that. I heared about some african country, i forget its name, they dont have and landline and only wirless telphony.

@Saad, I forgot to mention that I have Telenor/djuice.

With Zong, EDGE is in my area, but (1) dialup is somewhat more responsive (not talking about the speed, rather, the latency) and (2) I've heard the speed ain't all that great.

Btw, has anyone noticed that PTCL's landline rates are almost at par with the WLL rates? I guess that was the motive.