Ptcl broadband works for 10 minutes and then does not work for 5 minutes

ptcl has adopted a new kind of behaviour it works for 10 minutes and then it does not work for 5 minutes and this kind of behaviour of ptcl broadband continues for 24/7.How long is this kind of behaviour continue.

[quote=“gfw_1, post:, topic:”]

ptcl has adopted a new kind of behaviour it works for 10 minutes and then it does not work for 5 minutes and this kind of behaviour of ptcl broadband continues for 24/7.How long is this kind of behaviour continue.

[/quote]

Stop using Torrents on Wifi

Get ur Line Fixed by Lineman

i was also facing same isue few days back and now got it fixed after so many days of hardwork althoug i didnt fixed it persomnally but i fired so many complaints at 1218 but all was in vain...

so here is my suggestion to get it fixed, might help u

1. check ur ptcl line if there is any noise, if yes than lodge complain regarding noise issue.

2. visit near ptcl exchange personally and ask them to get it fixed, i also got dsl technician mobile number and phoned him regualrly.

3. ask dsl technician to visit your home personally, i am sure he will say that there is no Dsl problem but it is line problem so it would be better to ask your nearer ptcl exchange officer to send both lineman and dsl technician so that problem may be sorted out.

4. Mine issue was pairing which can be sorted out by technician so he changed the pair and it worked fine.

5. If still peoblem persistes ask your dsl technician to change the modem which can be done for free.

6. PLEASE NOTE that your problem will not be solved if you rely on 1218.....my personal experience

Best of luck...

[quote=“gfw_1, post:, topic:”]

[/quote]

Narrow down your issue first. Check your DSL stats by logging to your modem i.e. visit 192.168.1.1 in your browser, user/pass will either be both admin or the user will be admin but password will be written under your Modem on a sticker.

Check DSL stats of SNR and Noise Margin then report here. If you do not understand what I am talking about here then take a screenshot after you login to your Modem settings and upload it here.

i am not torrenting right now.

http://uppit.com/n7o7q48mhdrk/router_DSl_Shot.bmp

router DSl Shot.bmp - 2.3 MB

http://up.ht/1okxs2n">router DSl Shot.bmp - 2.3 MB

SNR Margin(.1db) downstream =137 upstream= 104

I am facing the same issue :(
Is the SNR low ?

Can someone please explain to me how using torrents affects the WiFi connection :mellow:

[quote=“rockz, post:2, topic:21139”]

Stop using Torrents on Wifi

Get ur Line Fixed by Lineman

[/quote]

stop using torrent on wifi what’s that mean?

these SIFARSHI & RISHWATI employees of ptcl are free from any technical knowledge :lol:

I don’t know how torrents on wifi router can cause disconnect trouble

I’m emailing to one of USA isp regarding this

[quote=“gfw_1, post:7, topic:21139”]

SNR Margin(.1db) downstream =137 upstream= 104

[/quote]

The screenshot you uploaded on that site is not accessible. My ESET security won't let me download it from that particular site. Use tinypic.com etc. upload services for photos, link directly here then or just upload using the forum attachment.

Also tell;

1. Attenuation

2. Line Power

3. Whether you are using splitter properly for the phone and modem?

4. This issue is present in Wifi alone or a wired connection as well?

[quote=“A_h_m_a_d_17, post:8, topic:21139”]

I am facing the same issue :(

Is the SNR low ?

Can someone please explain to me how using torrents affects the WiFi connection :mellow:

[/quote]

Your SNR Margin is on the borderline but that shouldn't be an issue. Take note of these values when you restart your modem till the disconnection occurs. Does it drop down with passage of time, if so how far and what is the value just before the disconnection?

And same question for you. Have you tested whether this issue is with Wifi only or also present in a wired connection?

[quote=“armada, post:10, topic:21139”]

these SIFARSHI & RISHWATI employees of ptcl are free from any technical knowledge :lol: I don't know how torrents on wifi router can cause disconnect trouble I'm emailing to one of USA isp regarding this

[/quote]

Actually, this might just have some truth to it...

Not that using torrents on Wifi would give anyone an issue if a proper Wifi router is being used. This issue could be due to the fact that PTCL is giving away cheap chinese wifi routers, made by Kasda and what not.

A few months back, I thought of replacing the old modem with PTCL's wifi router. It was a free offer. I would get to extend the coverage of Wifi at home since my wifi router would be spared. Guess what... They gave me a Kasda modem + wifi router, when left with the browsing load of 5-6 devices at home, the Kasda modem/router combo would simply not respond. I tried to login to the admin console, it kept giving some html error (unavailable) - which also came up even without any load sometimes...

[quote=“Joker, post:13, topic:21139”]

Actually, this might just have some truth to it...

Not that using torrents on Wifi would give anyone an issue if a proper Wifi router is being used. This issue could be due to the fact that PTCL is giving away cheap chinese wifi routers, made by Kasda and what not.

A few months back, I thought of replacing the old modem with PTCL's wifi router. It was a free offer. I would get to extend the coverage of Wifi at home since my wifi router would be spared. Guess what... They gave me a Kasda modem + wifi router, when left with the browsing load of 5-6 devices at home, the Kasda modem/router combo would simply not respond. I tried to login to the admin console, it kept giving some html error (unavailable) - which also came up even without any load sometimes...

[/quote]

I agree. It has something to do with the modems. Not specifically torrents but I have experienced that whenever 4-5 devices are connected to the modem at the same time , it starts disconnecting more frequently. And when only 1-2 devices are connected, it works much better.

I was given the Sagemcom F@st 1704 modem+router by PTCL. Now I am thinking of changing it to see if that's the issue.

Any idea which of the modems provided by PTCL work good ?

we have fiberhome combo modem it works fine no disconnecting issues when even downloading torrents

[quote=“armada, post:15, topic:21139”]

we have fiberhome combo modem it works fine no disconnecting issues when even downloading torrents

[/quote]

And which brand/modem would you suggest if I want to buy my own from market ?

I am using IPTV+DSL.

My SNR is around 12-14 and attenuation is 36.

¶ ^^ © replace the current one with ptcl fiberhome 2510u it has no external antenna but provides good range approx 12 meters in radius... they'll charge you 1500 in bill it also got one USB port in which you can use external storage or printing service

Hello!

I would suggest the following:

- although the software/firmware is a let down, the hardware chipset(s) in these routers from ptcl should be able to handle several concurrent users!

- so, we need to first identify the (true) cause of loss of connectivity!

- on the h/w side, you need to make sure that router is not over heating and its vents are not blocked! You may use a heatsink or a dc fan to try to cool it! It is also possible that wifi chipset of router and device may be incompatible (like broadcom's speed boost tech is not compatible with atheros) ... not much can be done in this case other than turning off some features or trying other firmware updates

- on the software side, you have to limit the number of concurrent connections (for torrent clients) as many connections will bog down any router (you don't suffer speed loss doing this)

- also, on dsl side, you need to monitor your logs (set log view level to notice) and then determine whether you suffer from resyncs (line fault) or ppp session drops (lcp echo request failures) ... in first case, check the line and in second case, launch a complaint and wait hopelessly or get another router that doesn't send lcp echo requests or offers some control of timings

In case you would like to get a new router, I have some 'used' ones (uk isp models) like (sky) sagemcom 2504n dual core chipset with custom firmware allowing stability tweaks, dlink dsl 2780, ... even wifi routers that can use your current device as modem only like dlink dir 615rv D4 with openwrt, unlocked home hub 2a/2b/3a etc ...

Regards,

Ahmed

if ptcl wants to say to me to stop using torrents,then he should say to me directly.Not by indirect methods.I mean by increasing and decreasing my internet speed.BTW isnt the minimum broadband speed in pak is 4mb.like others i am getting << than t8.

for problem screen plz click below http://tinypic.com/upload if that's not wrkg then click below http://feed4.tinypic.com/rss.php?u=8oVjPCounM%2FAQjgXXRqq%2FA%3D%3D