PTCL Broadband on Fibre optics?

So, PTCL finally decided to put fibre optics in my area, i was wondering how is the broadband performance on fibre optic compared to the standard copper?

I don't have personal experience with PTCL. But I do know that the last mile uses copper so you are still at the mercy of your line man.

please explain further!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

So, PTCL finally decided to put fibre optics in my area, i was wondering how is the broadband performance on fibre optic compared to the standard copper?
[/quote]

The coverage area will be expanded like People living 5-12Km far from exchange can now also get DSL, and obviously noise margins and attenuation will also improve.

well, the area iam currently located in, had such old wires that they couldnt handle the bandwidth, hence i was forced to resrt to wireless means! So, i think i might finally be able to get PTCL's broadband! So, is PTCL's broadband worth the buck?

well, the area iam currently located in, had such old wires that they couldnt handle the bandwidth, hence i was forced to resrt to wireless means! So, i think i might finally be able to get PTCL’s broadband! So, is PTCL’s broadband worth the buck?
[/quote]

yup! if there aint any line problems…no issues on ONU as well as long as power failures…but go for it its better and to some extent reliable.!

what about the 4Mb package? i read on some forums, that people are being charged for the 4Mb package but receiving speeds for a 1Mb package! :/

Go fOr ONU..

hmmm!! Alright! although i would feel more comfortable if an ONU user comments on PTCL's performance!

I am on ONU thats why i recommend that to u:)

on the 4MB package by any chance? :P

on the 4MB package by any chance? :P
[/quote]

Hey ONU is the future bro! it provides the best performance wat so ever…either get it or regret after wards…

hahahaha! Iam on it sir!