PTCL Billing issue:: Continuously billed for non-existent services

Hi,

I applied for PTCL internet broadband 4 months ago and for technical reasons it never worked (it never connected/authenticated), so I requested to take it down next day.

After giving back all the equipment engineer said you will not be billed because it was not activated.

However, I have been billed continuously for the last 4 months for non-existent services that I have not been using for last 4 months. We have visited local exchange COUNTLESS times and they are not able to help. They are paid salaries for work they cannot do and should be immediately fired.

This is Pakistan you cannot expect much, but continuously billed for something that does not exist is a burden and irresponsibleness of PTCL.

And the Exchange is Naseerabad Exchange in Karachi near Aisha Manzil.

This is a warning to all PTCL users, it can also happen to you!

So far issue is not resolved.

- MK

Send an email to PTA. If they aren't willing to help, send all details in a letter to the editor of Dawn or The News.

I tried lodging complain to PTA and interesting to note PTCL is NOT listed as an ISP

See for yourself

http://www.pta.gov.pk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1590&Itemid=770

What the hell!!!!!

I am sure PTCL receives tons of complaints and PTA decided to leave it out of the complaint form.

is there any PTCL rep who can help me out please!!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I tried lodging complain to PTA and interesting to note PTCL is NOT listed as an ISP

See for yourself

http://www.pta.gov.pk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1590&Itemid=770

What the hell!!!

[/quote]

Select Telephone And Then You Can See PTCL Option… You Wont See Ptcl In ISP Option… So Select Telephone…And Then Complain To Them…

See for yourself

What the hell!!!

[/quote]

Its listed under Basic Telephony :o

--

@michaelkane: Please, go to OSS (not the exchange), and file an application to discontinue your connection. If you do not submit the application, the billing continues for every month. This also happened to me as I didn’t file any application for disconnection and after 5 months, my connection was automatically discontinued by the authorities when I didn’t pay the bill.
[/quote]

I have been going to my area OSS from the past 5 months to get terminate my ShitTV billing (Service has already been discontinued since 5 months when i returned the set top box) but all in vain, every month i go to the OSS for bill adjustment and the next month it there again with previous arrears too. PTA is no more efficient now.

--

You should have taken it in writing from the engineer/guy to whom you returned equipment and asked for disconnection. Anyway, file complaint with PTA now, you can also CC it to PTCL DSL Incharge of your exchange as well as PTCL HQ (send by courier or fax).

I have already complained to PTA thanks for all suggestions, already received a confirmation from PTCL Hyderabad....!

Lets see what happens, will update this thread. Peace.

^Clear your arrears to get rid of them. Otherwise, they won’t let you leave.
[/quote]

Arrears of what? This month i am going to OSS last time for bill correction because i have terminated my Phone/DSL last month, So if next month there is any bill dropped at my house from PTCL side. I am sure atleast i am gonna blow that OSS for sure.

i too have such issue but i wanted to get experience insight..although one of my nos. is disconnected on the basis of non-payment but the gud thing is that its been 6th month that my broadband is still working and its 4M...and the technical mistake behind is that my no. is on Manual port patch from exchange therefore even if they close my connection from NOC they sure gonna close someone else BB...now i even got calls to pay bill and its around 10K now...i even got warning letter...i don't know wat the ultimate consequence be so i wanted to know about your experience..!

^ Damnn PTCL

i never thought this could happen

Seriously....

but then I am not expecting a miracle from PTCL lets face it the complaint form on PTA site is for Telephony. If they do work on the complaint, the telephony dept will handle the broadband billing issue which I doubt will do any good to my problem. sigh!