PTCL Billing 1 Mbps at Rs. 1299/- in Dec 2011?

I just noticed in my december bill that ptcl has charged me Rs. 1299/- under broadband charges. Has anyone else faced a similar issue?

Yup! in my bill its also 1299 :(

yes, got a 1MBPS at monthly bill+rental = Rs.1199. Then after few months, I started getting monthly bill of Rs.1499, upon investigation they told me that they have upgraded my connection to 2MBPS and thus also increased the bill.
What a silent robbery PTCL has started. They said " We upgraded every customer and gave them option to call us back and get cancelled the offered upgrade". And if somebody forgets to call (which many of us do) , then he is automatically considered to have opted the new package.

i am receiving 1499 :mellow:

Charging 1499 for 2 Mbps is fine but why charging 1299 instead of 1199 for 1 Mbps? :mellow:

[quote=", post:3, topic:16158"]

yes, got a 1MBPS at monthly bill+rental = Rs.1199. Then after few months, I started getting monthly bill of Rs.1499, upon investigation they told me that they have upgraded my connection to 2MBPS and thus also increased the bill.
What a silent robbery PTCL has started. They said " We upgraded every customer and gave them option to call us back and get cancelled the offered upgrade". And if somebody forgets to call (which many of us do) , then he is automatically considered to have opted the new package.

[/quote]

Dirty tactics.

100 surcharge for consuming more than 50GB? :P afterall, they are looking for ways to mint money from whoever they can...

Damn! They have increased the charges. :angry:

my internet became slow when sun goes down is that same happening with you people?

[quote=“armada, post:9, topic:16158”]

my internet became slow when sun goes down is that same happening with you people?

[/quote]

Make a dummy sun, and hang it in your living room. This way your internet will think that sun is there and you will get same speeds 24/7 . :angry:

It works

confirmed from 2 other people they also got 1299 :(

[quote=", post:10, topic:16158"]

Make a dummy sun, and hang it in your living room. This way your internet will think that sun is there and you will get same speeds 24/7 . :angry:

[/quote]

Hah. :D

I talked to their billing department representative last night and he said that extra 100 are wireless charges. I told him that I never applied for wireless and I have my own wireless modem. He then asked me to contact DSL department and tell them about it so that they cancel these charges so that they don't come up again in your next bills. I did the same and the DSL representative told me that it won't come up in your bill from next month.

I didn't understand why all of a sudden they have started charging the customers. I got the DSL installed in jan 2011 and never received these charges before untill now in dec 2011 bill.

Jerks do not know the solution to simple complaints.

1299+W.H tax +sales Tax=almost 1500, what a monopoly and bad business tactics by PTCL

haha I pay Rs.735 for my LDN 1mbps connection :P

[quote=“wiredpakistani, post:16, topic:16158”]

1299+W.H tax +sales Tax=almost 1500, what a monopoly and bad business tactics by PTCL

[/quote]

Actually, they don’t charge tax for either Smart TV or DSL. Yup, I thought they did, but calculations reveal they don’t.

[quote=“melleck, post:14, topic:16158”]

I talked to their billing department representative last night and he said that extra 100 are wireless charges. I told him that I never applied for wireless and I have my own wireless modem. He then asked me to contact DSL department and tell them about it so that they cancel these charges so that they don’t come up again in your next bills. I did the same and the DSL representative told me that it won’t come up in your bill from next month.

[/quote]

Same story here, now that could be even worse. When next month they are going to ask you to either return the wifi router or pay for it.

(of course they never provided you with one, but since they were charging you for wifi router so according to them they must have provided you a wifi router)

[quote=", post:19, topic:16158"]

Same story here, now that could be even worse. When next month they are going to ask you to either return the wifi router or pay for it.

(of course they never provided you with one, but since they were charging you for wifi router so according to them they must have provided you a wifi router)

[/quote]

Same story here