Ptcl bb:wifi router problem

Hi guys i m facing this problem my wifi router sometimes start restarting itself and sometime my laptops show yellow mark on the wifi icon and after sometime it connects again....device run on ups and device is wifi that ptcl have given us

Does anyone else facing this problem or got any solution plz reply...

Please Kindly show us Your modem stats, it may be problem in the wire.

Thanks

I have the exact problem. If you have IPTV enabled then this is what's causing it to restart. To solve my problem I'm using my own router, not the one from PTCL.

Hello!

What you need to do is:-

1. On software side:

- Login to your router and check for stats and logs to see whether or not poor line conditions are responsible for frequent disconnections

- Check all your devices for IPs assigned ... I have seen routers restart due to IP address conflicts

2. On Hardware Side:

- Place the router in a well ventilated area to prevent over heating ... good placement is vertical (as heated air rises) instead of horizontal placement

- If your UPS does not give pure sinusoidal output (see UPS or its manual ... might list as approx sine wave, ...) stop plugging your router into it and replace the power adapter ... rechargeable li-ion battery backup device is recommended for electronic/communications equipment (there are plenty for mobiles, tablets, small netbooks, CCTV, ... choose one with proper voltage and adequate backup time in terms of higher mAH rating)

- Some wifi chips are incompatible with each other and sometimes if a particular device starts using the wireless, the router usually restarts ... nothing can be done except turning off extras like Framebursting/Afterburner modes for router and/or trying different drivers for that particular device

Hope this help!

Regards,

Ahmed Faraz

yes i think it ip conflict or problem in the line and the device is working fine on ups last month and the problem only arises after the submarine incident,and i cant open my router settings by 192.168.1.1 admin etc and when this happen the power and the wifi light are green and blinking while the the other two lights internet and the other one turned off.My brother called the ptcl and i hope that the will come soon......

Ptcl representative came and he check he said everything alright and said ap ke line may shoor hay........after that my brother changed the adapter of the device bought the new adapter and its working fine ...................

Same problem to me, my internet stop responding with browsing / dl & ul in utorrent for few moments, even there is no yellow limited connectivity on network.

Thanks to Ahmed Faraz for good advice regarding placing router in ventilated place. Now I am not facing problem for atleast two hours or so.

[quote=“Yousaf_Burki, post:7, topic:19196”]

Same problem to me, my internet stop responding with browsing / dl & ul in utorrent for few moments, even there is no yellow limited connectivity on network.

Thanks to Ahmed Faraz for good advice regarding placing router in ventilated place. Now I am not facing problem for atleast two hours or so.

[/quote]

Its also problem in the line this out mine is 7.6 and 0.7,due to which i m getting slow speed browsing,downloading etc,dsl walay na kaha hay ka line may shoor(noise) hay us ke waja say hay.ab kal shahid line man aya gay tu baton ga wasay abhe dissconnect nahi hota magar meray bahi kay laptop pay internet nahi chal raha yellow sign ata hay magar torrent chalta rehata hay.............................

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Hi guys i m facing this problem my wifi router sometimes start restarting itself and sometime my laptops show yellow mark on the wifi icon and after sometime it connects again....device run on ups and device is wifi that ptcl have given us

[/quote]

first thing which can some time works is restart your router and out of 10,7 times it works,next thing you can do log on to 192.168.1.1 and login and password should be admin,then go to "advance settings" in advance setting choose "wan" just edit settings and save that will restart your router and you will get rid of yellow dot.

I am having this problem of yellow triangle thing on my wifi symbol in the task bar...it keeps happening and then it wont go away until i restart my modem,

how can i prevent this from happening???

This problem is solved,problem was in my router adapter(for restart problem),yellow box(low SNR magin) and in my router settings(yellow mark,which my brother called PTCL and he told to do certain changes in setting and my brother did it and it's working fine now,no problem...........

[quote=", post:11, topic:19196"]

This problem is solved,problem was in my router adapter(for restart problem),yellow box(low SNR magin) and in my router settings(yellow mark,which my brother called PTCL and he told to do certain changes in setting and my brother did it and it's working fine now,no problem...........

[/quote]

can you tell me the settings please.

If i want to get a router which is the best one to buy???.....and do i need to do any special settings to set it up ???

Lots of new user face problems and difficulty in configuring their modems sometimes even finding the panel for the login. Which is actually a very simple task in doing. You can open PTCL router from another PC using this same method as well.

How to Open PTCL DSL/Wireless Router Settings:
All you need to do is, Open your favorite browser

Enter IP Address:
192.168.1.1 in your browser

A prompt will come asking User name and password

Username:admin
Password:admin

In few cases its User & User for both.

ptcl-ip-router.png

Login Prompt

Both username and password will be same as Admin and Admin, this is default provided by PTCL in their DSL modems and Wireless DSL Routers.

PTCL router IP is same for all PTCL DSL modems along with password and username

hello friends!

pls i need ur kind attention towards my problem...i use AN1020-25 white modem equiped with wifi...it was well n good before and the wifi was working normally within the range of 30-35 meters...these days it is worstly effected and its wifi works just within the range of 1-3 meters.is there any solution for my problem??

tnxx best regards...

Well,i think that this problem is due to issues with port forwarding(online multi-player games etc).....

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

[/quote]

Next time if it does restart, do note if you were downloading torrents or lots of connections to peers with router at that specific time, and share feedback?

[quote=“usmanghk, post:17, topic:19196”]

Next time if it does restart, do note if you were downloading torrents or lots of connections to peers with router at that specific time, and share feedback?

[/quote]

Nah....I only face this now when i m playing a multiplayer game(laptop) and my younger brother on pc(same game) and when i m not playing it wifi works normally and for torrents case when my elder brother is downloading torrents(or browsing) it doesn't disconnects.Can it be the issue with port-forwarding(http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?t=79815 they have a solution for it.I m just asking you that can it be the issue with port-forwarding) ?

Hello Again!

Yes, for multiplayer games or any other software that relies on ports being open, you have to configure port forwarding on the router (Upnp can help as well)!

For that:

- you need to set the gaming device with fixed/static LAN IP address

- you then need to know which ports to forward (game documentation)

- you need to know how to configure your router (user manual, lots of guides online, portforward.com ... )

Also, on windows, make sure your LAN shows up as Private network and make sure that game exe is 'allowed' in the Windows Firewall

Sometimes, routers crash as they cannot handle the number of simultaneous connections (low RAM, poor software, ...) or sometimes firewall blocks ports (quick test is to put the gaming device in DMZ temporarily to check) and this is where custom firmware like dd-wrt comes in handy as it shows the number of connections and has specific QoS settings for Gaming (as dd-wrt currently supports wireless routers, you have to go with adsl modem in bridge mode with wireless router using PPPoE)

Furthermore, PTCL uses Interleaving on almost all lines and that adds latency where it should use Fast Path for stable lines (sometimes referred to as Gamer's Profile for DSL)

I would also suggest gaming via LAN as wired connections have lowest latency (even bluetooth/wireless gaming peripherals add slight latency between button press and on-screen action and so are avoided by gamers)

Regards,

Ahmed Faraz

If anybody else face this problem,than it might be the issue with router settings,wires or your line doesn't support the package you have.

I face frequent dc with 4 mb while it works fine and smooth with 2mb because my line can't support 4mb that much(some time on 4mb it works fine but sometimes it start's dc and than will continue doing it until manually restarted or register a complain :) after that it works fine.

As my device is on ups and runs 24/7,yesterday PTCL representative came and told us that,"your line doesn't support 4mb and if your device runs continuously than turn it off when not using it and also don't run it on ups".Our customer near your area was facing this dc problem and he was continuously complaining about this,after doing every thing the problem remained and he went to our head and than his Head asked him that is your device runs on ups,he said YES,than they asked him to remove it from ups and after that he didn't complained.