PTCL acting Sh*t again?

From past 1-2 days PTCL is acting weird again, frequent disconnects and extremely slow browsing speeds. Is there a rapture in their under water cables again?

It usually does so during holidays.

Yup..browsing is quite slow..its acting weird no doubt.

Yup, I am getting 1-20 Kbps on downloads, torrents and browsing.

I posted a thread on Saturday regarding this issue:

PTCL DSL Speed Slow?

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=12168

I called them yesterday and they are saying that it a back end issue and it will be solved by today. But I hardly believe it will be solved today.

"Repair work of submarine cable to start today

ISLAMABAD: The SEA-ME-WE-3 consortium announced their submarine cable system had suffered a fault near India on 21st January 2010. The traffic has not been affected, however, the fault requires to be repaired. The consortium has planned an outage to localise the fault. Consequently, a planned maintenance activity of eight hours will be carried out on faulty segment on 8th May 2010 at 2200 PST to 0600 PST 9th May 2010.The traffic on SEA-ME-WE-3 will remain out of service during this maintenance period. PTCL has taken every step to reduce the impact of this outage on its customers through its alternate cable system SEA-ME-WE 4. staff report"

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2010\05\08\story_8-5-2010_pg5_13

I've also heard that PTCL's under water cable is cut from 2 places. Only FIRECRUZ can confirm that.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

"Repair work of submarine cable to start today

ISLAMABAD: The SEA-ME-WE-3 consortium announced their submarine cable system had suffered a fault near India on 21st January 2010. The traffic has not been affected, however, the fault requires to be repaired. The consortium has planned an outage to localise the fault. Consequently, a planned maintenance activity of eight hours will be carried out on faulty segment on 8th May 2010 at 2200 PST to 0600 PST 9th May 2010.The traffic on SEA-ME-WE-3 will remain out of service during this maintenance period. PTCL has taken every step to reduce the impact of this outage on its customers through its alternate cable system SEA-ME-WE 4. staff report"

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2010\05\08\story_8-5-2010_pg5_13

I’ve also heard that PTCL’s under water cable is cut from 2 places. Only FIRECRUZ can confirm that.

[/quote]

I see. But isn’t this weird? Wasn’t this fixed on 30 April? What happened again?

I see. But isn’t this weird? Wasn’t this fixed on 30 April? What happened again?

[/quote]

That was Sea Me We 4 near italy

this news say Sea Me We 3

and there is also some problem with PTCL’s under water cable[ this isn’t confirmed]

That was Sea Me We 4 near italy

this news say Sea Me We 3

and there is also some problem with PTCL’s under water cable[ this isn’t confirmed]

[/quote]

Ooo…I didn’t notice the “3” there…So now SEA-ME-WE-3 has problems???

These dang cables are so vulnerable!

Nops no news on any fiber cut(there was a maintenance issue without any downtime announced) ! ...btw this SEMEWE 3 and 4 are international property of a consortium! PTCL only owns 15 KM cable from Karachi to the see where it meats the bigger cables!

Looks like problem has been solved. I am getting 1MB speed again.

here browing speeds are shyte as usual but downloading is kinda fine. I dont know why this cable keeps freakin breaking down.

Browsing is very very slow.. google.com is giving the error and asking for that captcha..hell ..am not using any proxy.

@koder if u have set google as homepage it sometimes happen!....try to reset modem (will get new ip) then ur google will work :)

other than that no ntwrk issue!

well here i am getting darn slow speeds, like 0.02 byts per second and its telling me that it will take 78years to download 100mb file on my current speed.

Yeah, sometimes it does seem to be acting weird. BBC seems to be giving me issues, with some of the links not opening. Anyone else facing any similar issues?

^Nope. Working fine on my end.

its all working fine!

btw other that your prob ...have u ever noticed that microsoft.com never gets opened on some computers? its the same virus on usb that does it called conficker virus! I just clean a office comptuter with this prob using a removal tool from microsoft!

That's the weird thing, janab. I had heard about the above anomaly. But this seems to be different.

Sometimes BBC will work awesome and sometimes the browser simply times out, no matter what you do. Khair, I hope it resolves on its own.

Thanks anyway. :)

well i m again facing issues since last night, slow browsing with random occurrences. Please someone help me

That’s the weird thing, janab. I had heard about the above anomaly. But this seems to be different.

Sometimes BBC will work awesome and sometimes the browser simply times out, no matter what you do. Khair, I hope it resolves on its own.

Thanks anyway. :)

[/quote]

Exactly… BBC site sometimes doesn’t even load.Something is fishy somewhere in ptcl network.The browsing is still slow.