PTCL 8 MB DSL Promotion (3k Per Month)

Broadband has become the most essential part of our lives and PTCL to launch an exciting high speed data rate package which brings the world much more closer with unmatched speed. PTCL Broadband has been introducing a range of data rate speeds to fulfill the needs of the customers and generating the major shift to a new paradigm.

This promotion offers 8Mbps Capped Package broadband in the price of Rs. 2,999 per month with unlimited downloads till 31st Dec 2014. Data limit will be applicable from 1st Jan 2015.

Features
  • 8Mbps Capped package @ Rs. 2,999 per month.
  • Unlimited downloads as a special promotion till 31st Dec 2014.
  • 100-GB download limit effective from 1st Jan 2015
  • Additional GBs at Rs. 100 per GB.
  • Billing Cap at Rs. 7,000 per month for 8Mbps Capped Package.
  • Installation Charges Rs. 1,500
  • Smart Spot (PTCL Wi-Fi)
Advantages
  • Offering 8Mbps Capped Package
  • Uninterrupted Connectivity
  • Super high speed and reliability
  • Smart Spot ensures user mobility within the premises and shared connectivity
Benefits
  • Seamless internet access at a single click.
  • Access to latest information and knowledge resources.
  • Value to the customers by making 8Mbps package more attractive and affordable.
  • Uninterrupted video streaming and speedy downloads.
  • Access to rich HD multimedia resources over the internet.

Great package.

But what about after the promotion, will the user be able to downgrade to lower pckage or not i.e after 31st december.

there will more of this type attractive offers in coming days we must thank this government who made the 3G/4G auction and made the competition environment as it was hanging for almost a decade

quite expensive

The tax on it for us will be more tha. 1k.. look at their crappy lines amd luk.at 8Mbit lol

I'm very tempted to give it at least a try. Any idea how much speed will I be able to get from 8Mbit based on these stats ?

^ Your uplink margin seems to be touching the limit.

Which device is it?

[quote=“Asad, post:7, topic:21172”]

^ Your uplink margin seems to be touching the limit.

Which device is it?

[/quote]

Its a TD-W8951ND from TP-Link. I thought only the downstream part mattered the most when checking line for errors & stats :huh:

^

it does same as with the down link stats but adsl2+ tech can do 1 to 1.5mbps max for uplink so go ahead for 8mbps as the uplink is not going to change if anything, ptcl might change it to 1.5mbps to which I think your line will be able to handle perfectly.

excellent line stats btw :)

Well I guess it wouldn't hurt to atleast give it a try don't you think ? I'm intrigued about the actual speeds on this thing, though I certainly won't be using it for long, as my internet usage has alarmingly dropped over the past few months.

just looked at the ptcl page, it doesn't explicitly say "dsl" anywhere. except they "broadband section" but is everyone sure this is actually dsl not the wireless "charji" service they were supposed to launch? and btw early adopters always get ripped off,i would avoid handing over your hard earned cash to ptcl until the service is up running for atleast 3 months.

[quote=“jDk, post:10, topic:21172”]

Well I guess it wouldn't hurt to atleast give it a try don't you think ? I'm intrigued about the actual speeds on this thing, though I certainly won't be using it for long, as my internet usage has alarmingly dropped over the past few months.

[/quote]

I'd say go for it, I am sure with the line stats like yours, it can handle 16mbps easily. And since they say its unlimited & I hope that 300GB FUP isn't applicable. BTW this requires some confirmation from PTCL and I urge to do so before opting and share it here. If this offer is truly unlimited then consuming data isn't a problem. I mean if your rig/setup can handle remuxes and or 1080p bluray rips... you're all set for next 6 moths in 3K ;)

As far as the actual speed goes, it will depend mainly on the DL sync rate you have/will get in case of upgrade. with your current DL sync rate (4096), you're probably getting stable 400 to 410KB on your torrent client with a well seeded torrent at max...right? if that's the case, the with a 8192 (4096+4096) sync rate you'll get 800 to 820KB/s max on torrents. I don't know for sure but I have noticed on various occasions/different locations that with PTCL, the first 3 digit of your U/D sync rate are usually your actual speeds. So if, lets suppose you get the DL sync rate of 9000, you'll get ~900KB/s DL stable speed which is still 124KB/s short of theoretical speed of an 8mbps connection.

I would love to try this offer but I my sh!tty line stats says otherwise. Although my current 4mbps connection works fine surprisingly with the sh!tty stats & I get stable 460KB/s on torrents with 4606 DL sync rate but I am not really sure to go for 8mbps ... I mean look at my line stats.

hzeNWcv.jpg

If I had line stats like yours, I would have jumped on the offer like a cheetah on gazelle :D

[quote=“Faisal, post:12, topic:21172”]

I'd say go for it, I am sure with the line stats like yours, it can handle 16mbps easily. And since they say its unlimited & I hope that 300GB FUP isn't applicable. BTW this requires some confirmation from PTCL and I urge to do so before opting and share it here. If this offer is truly unlimited then consuming data isn't a problem. I mean if your rig/setup can handle remuxes and or 1080p bluray rips... you're all set for next 6 moths in 3K ;)

As far as the actual speed goes, it will depend mainly on the DL sync rate you have/will get in case of upgrade. with your current DL sync rate (4096), you're probably getting stable 400 to 410KB on your torrent client with a well seeded torrent at max...right? if that's the case, the with a 8192 (4096+4096) sync rate you'll get 800 to 820KB/s max on torrents. I don't know for sure but I have noticed on various occasions/different locations that with PTCL, the first 3 digit of your U/D sync rate are usually your actual speeds. So if, lets suppose you get the DL sync rate of 9000, you'll get ~900KB/s DL stable speed which is still 124KB/s short of theoretical speed of an 8mbps connection.

I would love to try this offer but I my sh!tty line stats says otherwise. Although my current 4mbps connection works fine surprisingly with the sh!tty stats & I get stable 460KB/s on torrents with 4606 DL sync rate but I am not really sure to go for 8mbps ... I mean look at my line stats.

hzeNWcv.jpg

If I had line stats like yours, I would have jumped on the offer like a cheetah on gazelle :D

[/quote]

If you're perfectly stable on 4Mbps, why not give it a try. Ask the PTCL guys to come and test the 8Mbps on your line. If it works without any disconnections, then bravo. I've already forwarded my request to PTCL_Cares on twitter, as he usually gets it done in under 24 hours. Will share my results once i'm upgraded.

My current line stats weren't always like this however. It required a line + number change to get stats like these. My previous number (which was on ONU), was coming to my home from a DP box at least 7-8 KMs across. Due to that distance, it always caused distortion and disconnection whenever a thunderstorm hit, or some idiot truck driver accidentally rammed his truck through the wires, causing catastrophic damage to the cables and wires in the process.

The solution proposed was to shift to a new number (free of charge, courtesy of PTCL_Cares), which was installed on a DP Box less than a kilometer away from where I live. Suffice to say, the BOX is literally brand spanking new and hence is the reason these are the best stats I've ever had since I subscribed to DSL.

In any case, we shall see if my line stats remain the same or if they will drop. If I can get some decent usage out of the 6 months promo, then more the merrier :lol:

^

Your line stats will surely drop but slightly, you'll see :D

but that's nothing to worry about. cause that's how ADSL2+ tech reaches its limit of ~ 24mbps on a copper line ;)

I have just confirmed with the PTCL FB team and guess what? The 300GB FUP is still applicable on the offer :( ...... well there goes my last chunk of hope for the upgrade. There is no way I am gonna upgrade now even though it was meant to last for 6 month and that's exactly what I have told the PTCL FB team.

.... and now PTCL FB team has blocked me from commenting on thier shares. I wonder why is that? :lol:

Share me the link :P

lol can't find it. deleted? :( ..... :lol:

Might opt for this for a new connection. Will update if and when it happens.

PS: The ad in the newspaper does not mention 300GB volume. Only 100GB limit from 2015.

PPS: What device is PTCL giving these days? Better to opt for their device or using some other one off the shelves/retail?

^

Didn't the see ad but that's what I asked to PTCL via their FB page cause neither their FB page ad nor the ptcl website had mentioned anything about 300GB FUP and the reply was 300GB FUP applies to this offer to which another FB user in response to my comment asked why 1236 helpline staff is communicating this as truly unlimited? to which, I tagged along and pointed out ptcl's idiocy for not differentiating between 1, 2, 4 & 8mbps data rates & their respective charges which obviously are not same and yet giving same FUP which is clearly unfair. They didn't respond and simply blocked from commenting further. Perhaps writing in caps that I will not opt for this offer did the job :D

So...

Well, don't exactly know which make/model device they are currently offering but chances are you're going to get a black or white colored, 4 port/wifi modem with 1 usb port (probably without the antenna version)... the usual 50 rupay wala modem but should work fine within the range of 20 to 25 feet for wifi.

Absolutely no need to buy a new modem if you're going to use the wifi within that range specially when:

1) the PTCL modem is free

2) Even if you somehow ( ^_^) became fond of ptcl within six month, I am sure you will ditch it cause after 6 months it will cost 7K for mere 100GB data.... I know I would.

3) PTCL support staff may be unable to help should there be any problem arising (connecting/configuration) with your personal modem.

Things are becoming very fishy after the advent of 3G/4G services... :wacko:

Good luck though :)

100GB data limit. What the hell we are supposed to do with 8mb other than downloading? 100gb will flew away in half of month. I am sticking to 4MB.