PTCL 4mb underperforming... why?

I got the 4mb line installed yesterday. I have run numerous speed tests and unfortunately its not what I expected. The DL never goes over 1mb & UL is around 0.2mb. I have the same PTCL package at the office at Chundrigar Road and I am hitting 3mb + DL & 0.7mb UL.

I have called PTCL 1218 many times and they keep saying that the fault is at their end.

Any suggestions, advice that might help me get my speed up to par. I don't want to pay 5000 for 1mb connection.

I got the ZTE zxdsl 831 modem & I live near Hill Park, PECHS.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I got the 4mb line installed yesterday. I have run numerous speed tests and unfortunately its not what I expected. The DL never goes over 1mb & UL is around 0.2mb. I have the same PTCL package at the office at Chundrigar Road and I am hitting 3mb + DL & 0.7mb UL.

I have called PTCL 1218 many times and they keep saying that the fault is at their end.

Any suggestions, advice that might help me get my speed up to par. I don’t want to pay 5000 for 1mb connection.

I got the ZTE zxdsl 831 modem & I live near Hill Park, PECHS.

[/quote]

might be your exchange is congested , ask some of your mates those are using PTCL in same exchange they might tell you better about speed stability / variation in this particular exchange

may be prob with your line...

try to reduce joints in the line...

Just downgrade your Connection from 4Mb to 2Mb and you will Happy with the speed , UpTime and also with bill ;)