PTCL 4 MB Issues ! please Help me

Hi all

I had PTCL 2 mb package before but when PTCL announce uprade 2mb>4MB

i wait and Then They do Mine to

my Downstream is 3509 or something

But i always get same Downloading speed 250 kb :s

I called The Customer Service and They said . Ap ka Package 4 MB ho gaya hay sir..yaha status mai 4 MB show ker raha hay... i was WTF i m getting speed of 2 MB

its almost 1 month i m complaining and nothing happens :S

Please advice me what to do ?!!! whats the Problem my Line Problem or PTCL are lieing ?

here is my modem STATS

Mode: ADSL2+

Type: Interleave

Link Power State: L0

Downstream Upstream

SNR Margin (dB): 8.6 7.1

Attenuation (dB): 62.0 36.3

Output Power (dBm): 0.0 12.8

Rate (Kbps): 2340 890

MSGc (number of bytes in overhead channel message): 14 10

B (number of bytes in Mux Data Frame): 238 20

M (number of Mux Data Frames in FEC Data Frame): 1 8

T (Mux Data Frames over sync bytes): 1 6

R (number of check bytes in FEC Data Frame): 16 8

S (ratio of FEC over PMD Data Frame length): 3.2536 5.9915

L (number of bits in PMD Data Frame): 627 235

D (interleaver depth): 16 4

Delay (msec): 13 5

Super Frames: 445209 445207

Super Frame Errors: 108 0

RS Words: 8904194 3784259

RS Uncorrectable Errors: 570 N/A

HEC Errors: 83 0

OCD Errors: 0 0

LCD Errors: 0 0

Total Cells: 39985585 1246261

Data Cells: 2179611 19908

Bit Errors: 0 0

Total ES: 75 0

Total SES: 2 0

Total UAS: 123 0

Check the Downstream its now showing 2340 changes everytime i reset modem but speed not more then 250 kb

Any idea ?

Dude actually your line isn't good.Noise margin is quite low ,plus the distance from exchange is also far.Try to consult a lineman and ask him to change the pairs for your line.

Ok i will try to do that

can You please explain how you know the distance of exchange ?

Thanks for Helping by the way :)

Downstream Upstream

SNR Margin (dB): 8.6 7.1

Attenuation (dB): 62.0 36.3

Output Power (dBm): 0.0 12.8

Rate (Kbps): 2340 890

Your line sync at 2340 Kbps. and getting 250 KB download is well. But your SNR is very very low and attenuation is Extremely High.

Contact your Lineman to resolve your issue and change your Jumper from Cabinet and Pool !

Tell the lineman your problem he will resolve it !

Thanks For info there Rockz

I m contacting there Support to deal with these

I have another Question

I friend got his internet upgraded to 4 mb

he was saying that it will only can be done on FIBER wire

so how i know i m on FIBER wire or not ?

Please Explain this

RealOmi you can't do much about the distance..Probably you should be in range of 3km I guess.Nothing can decrease this line attenuation.I myself got this issue and tried my level best to decrease this line attenuation but nothing happened... you can increase the noise margin ..anything above 20-21 is good and you won't any disconnections etc.Tell your area lineman to give you extra clean pairs... tell him that I need giga pair for dsl.Giga pairs are given to the special customers whom they think are pain in the a**.Today I have managed to change my line pairs and now am getting nice noise amrgin of 26-27 but attenuation is same as the previous one 56.Try to change the line mode to G.DMT instead of asdsl2.

ok Thanks Doing :D now :P

And how to get a Lineman they never respond !!!

Well i have 3 ticks

G.Dmt Enabled

G.lite Enabled

ADSL2+ Enabled

so what to do ?

tick only G.Dmt ?

Yup !! Tick Gdmt only..You have to visit the exchange around 9am when they come for hazri /attendance:D

haha only for hazri :P

well I complain to the manager :) that they didnt call me to verifie my Problem status and They said its Completed :D

manager said :P we will look into This matter who is giving fake info to us :D

your complete is now in high priority :D

@RealOmi

The manager was only faking his concerns about the fake info.

They know everything.

Next time he calls you, tell him to login PTCL's comlplaint management system.

Every complaint has a record about what was done to resolve it, and who did it.

Remember..Never trust anyone from PTCL who contacts you for your complaint, unless you are fully satisfied.

ahh now i m starting to hate PTCL !!!!!

from last 1 month i m Complaining no support....2 times lineman come and said all OK from our side and saying that customer Support peoples are idiots

and when i call Support they also said all ok... WTF !!!!

damit i cant use 2 things at a time !!! only DSL or Phone if i use Both they will not Work properly :s

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

RealOmi you can’t do much about the distance…Probably you should be in range of 3km I guess.Nothing can decrease this line attenuation.I myself got this issue and tried my level best to decrease this line attenuation but nothing happened… you can increase the noise margin …anything above 20-21 is good and you won’t any disconnections etc.Tell your area lineman to give you extra clean pairs… tell him that I need giga pair for dsl.Giga pairs are given to the special customers whom they think are pain in the a**.Today I have managed to change my line pairs and now am getting nice noise amrgin of 26-27 but attenuation is same as the previous one 56.Try to change the line mode to G.DMT instead of asdsl2.
[/quote][quote=", post:, topic:"]
Connection Status Connected

Us Rate (Kbps) 208

Ds Rate (Kbps) 1019

US Margin 5

DS Margin 26

Trained Modulation ADSL_G.dmt.bis

LOS Errors 0

DS Line Attenuation 29

US Line Attenuation 18

[/quote]

So you mean this margin issue is bcz of the pair ? What is this giga pair ?

hey koder elaborate the giga pair plz...and congrats on such nice margins...!!! and RealOmni no one can change ur situation but only lineman can do that...now either get him early in the morning in exchange or try to find him near the telephone cabinet....and ask him to replace ur wire if its jointed and to refresh ur pair from cabinet and change it from DP...thts all....!

Its some special type of pair for dsl subscribers..given to those dsl subscribers who are pain for them.The dsl is working like a charm now :D No disconnections since 19 hours and the margin is still the same plus no slow browsing etc..Ask the lineman for further details :P

let me add...! the pair u r referring as "Giga pair" is actually the same old DP pair....now wat happens is..due to the old cable structure most of the pairs are rusted lyk 700/1000 pairs...now the linemen are clever they save some of the nice pair wid them so that when some Higher ups "Danda" comes they shift tht particular user to tht pair...their are some awesome pairs in reserve..tht clever old lineman knows it all...so to get a stable DSL connection u should have a stable "Salam Dua" wid ur lineman...!

^ Yup exactly.Actually I have a salam dua with the dean ehhhe