PTA to establish consumer protection cell

"He said PTA was also striving hard to introduce 3-G technology in the country. Mobile consumers would be provided cheap internet services on reduced rates within a period of one month."

Now why do I feel that tough to believe?

At last something. Incoming call block is a long time demand (UFone? is giving this service with code 420).

I don't have high hopes but it's a good step in right direction. Let's wait for real outputs of these steps.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

[/quote]

Too good to be True

there is no news of any 3G licensing in pakistan. then there would be some network deployement by the operators which will take some time. I dont know when we will see the benefits.

As far as the protection cell, very good move. Hope something happens and the story of stopping mobile theft by PTA is not repeated again where after all the hype nothing happened.

Can any Ufone user share experience with 420 service. Does it work and is it helpful

He said PTA was also striving hard to introduce 3-G technology in the country. Mobile consumers would be provided cheap internet services on reduced rates within a period of one month.
[/quote]

hahahhahahaha good joke… does they know the price difference of g3 mobiles between Pakistan and Europ. it is not even close.

@alimansoorahmad,

g3 is a weapon afaik.

anyway, talking about 3G, when they do start offering it here in Pakistan. The rates will be much better compared to Europe/US. Because we've the cheapest wireless internet compared to other countries.

g3 is a weapon afaik.
[/quote]

That’s right. G3 is standard issue assault rifle of Pakistani Army. Very deadly weapon. ;)

PTCL is pretty active this year as compared to past years, may be they actually implement what they are saying (hoping so).

there is no news of any 3G licensing in pakistan. then there would be some network deployement by the operators which will take some time. I dont know when we will see the benefits.

As far as the protection cell, very good move. Hope something happens and the story of stopping mobile theft by PTA is not repeated again where after all the hype nothing happened.

Can any Ufone user share experience with 420 service. Does it work and is it helpful

[/quote]

If you have a symbian phone, install a black lister software. That can halp the cause pretty well than Ufone 420.