PTA reply on My delivery report complain

I submit my complain at PTA website some days ago

My complain

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

All cellular networks including Ufone, Zong, Mobilink have turned off their SMS delivery reports just

to save their busy systems. Please take action against them and order them to reinstate the SMS

delivery reports after sending SMS

[/quote]

Their Response

Complaint No: 75255 Dated: 07-April-2009

A number of complaints are being received on this issue. Although the same is a value added service yet the matter shall be considered in view of subscriber's interest and demand please.

Regards

Nabiha Mehmood

Director (CPD)

Consumer Protection Directorate

PTA Headquarters

Sector F-5/1, Islamabad.

Ph No. 051-9225325

Fax No. 051-2878127

email: complaint@pta.gov.pk

www.pta.gov.pk

[/quote]

Nice reply. Is'nt it?

Their reply is true but totally useless.

Hmmm. Btw kehtay tau sahi hain

Who will decide what is value added service or core services. PTA or cellular networks?

yay pakistan hai

Typical, PTA is covering cellular companies' behind.

That's for what PTA'a employees... err... officers are paid for. Though, our taxes pay salaries of PTA's officers and executives but of course they need to protect "business friendly environment" because corporates paid them millions for cellular license. That's why they need to cover behinds of cellular companies.

I love to be in Pakistan. Feels like Heaven. :)

I love to be in Pakistan. Feels like Heaven. :)
[/quote]

Me too. :)

^ Me tooo :D By the way Telenor CSR were saying all these days that there delivery reports are not closed, Just a service maintenance, Ahhh week passed and still service maintenance. Waiting or warid to close the delivery reports. Fingers crossed :/

I noticed today, Warid restarted delivery report service.

^ Any news for Telenor ?

I noticed today, Warid restarted delivery report service.
[/quote]

they never turned it off. they turned off the service which told us our credit after every call but that is back on too.

Hmmm. Btw kehtay tau sahi hain
[/quote]

I agree,as much as I hate to admit. It is not a core service…

conclusion may b that there r no consumer rights in Pakistan

I am also going to complain to PTA regarding my upgradation problem that MBL has upgraded their connections two months back but i haven't got 1mb yet. They're saying that we have done our work for upgradation but PTCL making it late.

They have no better reason apart from blaming PTCL for everything... LOL

The problem is that PTCL does creates deliberate hurdles! :D

Maybe its their reason but i have to complain to PTA now to know or take necessary action against about my upgradation. So what you think could be a possible reason ?

hhmm.. I don't know what could be the reason.I was having problems with the wateen connection for the whole 1 year.I always got the transfer rate of 7-8KB/sec on Wateen :| .. I checked eveything from my side,nothing was wrong,even I was having the perfect values -49 and 30 which were cool,when I complained about the slow transfer rate to them,their reason was always that ptcl is creating problems.Its now a trend that every ISP blames PTCL for everything.PTCL is not shareef I know but you can't blame them for everything.

okay! i just call MBL they told me that we are depend on PTCL. Now we got a major update that your upgradation is expected to be done in next 2 or 3 days. Its mean before Sunday. Let see..